Uncomfortable driver seat

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Swindiaq

Re: Uncomfortable driver seat

Post by Swindiaq » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 pm

My lower back pain doesn't happen anymore. I reclined the seat a bit more as Colin suggested, but at 6k miles I think the seat has softened a bit.
2017 SE L / 1.4 TSI 2wd DSG / 7seat / black everything / Canton / front sensors / rear cam / ACC / traffic recog / Williams ceramic protection

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:27 pm

MoominPapa wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:41 pm
the driver's seat with electrical adjustment lacks thigh support for me
Have you tried tilting the base?
2.0 TSI Edition, 7 seat, Black with Beige Leather
ACC, Pan. roof, LED Light pack ,Canton, Heated rear seats, Heated w/s + washer jets , spare wheel, Front and rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, Rear view camera

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:59 am

I have modified my post above with diagram.
My SE L does not have the capability to tilt the seat. Is this a MY19 mod?? On the SE L or only on the Edition?
ModeratorSE L. 1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, flappy paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:27 am

Tilting is a feature of the electric seat, which comes as standard on the Edition (which MoominPapa has).
ACC, Pan. roof, LED Light pack ,Canton, Heated rear seats, Heated w/s + washer jets , spare wheel, Front and rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, Rear view camera

MrTrilby

Post by MrTrilby » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:04 pm

The SEL models that I tried in the showroom in February had tilt adjust on the seat - I’m surprised older ones do not as that’s quite a basic function. The electric seat doesn’t offer any more options for adjustment other than providing finer adjustment and much better lumbar support.

I have found the Kodiaq seats disappointing the electric driver’s seat I have in my car is just about ok, but the squab isn’t long enough for me to provide proper thigh support (and cannot be adjusted), and compared to the Superb, the adjustment of angle is much more limited - I think the Superb allows you to adjust the height of both the front and rear of the seat independently. And to prove you can’t plewse everyone, I also find the seats a bit too wide.
190 4x4 SEL DSG with pano roof, ACC, reversing camera, towbar, heated multifunction steering wheel, heated front & rear seats, rear tables, luggage net, electric driver seat, ambient lighting, media command

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:31 am

On both the manual and electric seats you can raise/lower the seat base and tilt the backrest, but only the electric seat allows you to tilt the base of the seat.

Minimal

Post by Minimal » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:09 pm

I've now done around 1,000 miles in my Edition (which has electric seats). Haven't yet found a comfortable seat position. Just can't get the lumbar support right nor the support at the top of my shoulders. I might be wrong, but it feels like the seat was made for someone an inch or so taller than me (I'm 5'7").
UK. Diesel AWD DSG 190 Edition.

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:37 pm

Minimal wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:09 pm
nor the support at the top of my shoulders.
Perhaps you could get a more comfortable position for your shoulders by adjusting the steering wheel?

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”