Boot Floor Minor Dents

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
House

Boot Floor Minor Dents

Post by House » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:59 am

Hi
New to the forum and loving the Kodiaq, however I have noticed an issue in the boot.

We have the 7 seat model which has the folding seats and then the remaining flat load section of the boot floor which you can lift and store items under if you wish. However we have a push chair in the back of our boot almost all of the time and I have noticed where the pushchair sits in the boot, it is leaving permanent dents in this piece of the boot. It is where the hinges of the pushchair sit on the boot. It never happened in our previous car but can imagine after many months and years of use that side of my boot will have dents all over where the pushchair sits. They aren't massive but someone like myself who likes everything to look perfect it is bugging me.

Has anyone else noticed this? To me it is almost like the boot floor is made of a very soft wood - I can only liken it to when you dent soft pine?

I have looked at buying an aftermarket bootliner which would cushion it but to me part of the appeal of the Kodiaq was the flat load lip at the back and any bootliners seem to have a slight lip on the edge. Plus I don't really want to have to fork out for something else. Has anyone else noticed this in theirs and any suggestions? Part of me is thinking we are just going to have to go with it, but very frustrating.

Thanks

Colin Lambert

Re: Boot Floor Minor Dents

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Firstly. Welcome to the forum, but I'm afarid I can offer no answer to your problem as, being a dog owner, I have a boot liner.
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
“People say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”. :lol:
Winnie The Pooh.

House

Post by House » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:31 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:25 pm
Firstly. Welcome to the forum, but I'm afarid I can offer no answer to your problem as, being a dog owner, I have a boot liner.
Thank you. Out of interest which boot liner do you have? I did find this one on Amazon which looked ok? The official one pricing was crazy. Also if you do have the one below how would it be rolling a pushchair in and out of the boot? Does the lip fold quite easily? I don't want to create an additional lip to get over.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodiaq-Boot-Li ... boot+liner

Although I have actually just found this one, which doesnt look to have a lip at the edge which could be the answer - so I can still roll the pushchair out completely.

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbveh ... RN2rIVBFwa

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:43 am

I have the one from Amazon. The lip is easily deformable or you could cut it off with a pair of stout scissors!
The only adverse comment I and others have about this boot liner is that it does tend to slide backwards. Especially with dogs jumping in and out.
Simple answer is just to make sure it is pushed forwards whenever you open the boot.
Less easy method, tried by some members, is to fix a strip of velcro to the underside and it then grips the carpet on the boot floor.. I do the former!
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
“People say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”. :lol:
Winnie The Pooh.

Stevie C

Post by Stevie C » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:42 pm

House, i have the cheap Amazon one too in my 7 seat with back row folded. Its brilliant and cheap.
EDITION 190 DSG, 7 seat, Moon White, ACC, Canton, Virtual puddle, Area View with Trailer Trash ting, lectric towbar,heated seats windscreen n wheel, etc.
Ordered 25th Aug, BW 39, delivered 18th October.

KodiaqDna

Post by KodiaqDna » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:05 pm

I have the cheap amazon one and it did tend to slide slightly. Cured that by putting a bit of non slip matting down.
Costco do a generic rectangular boot mat 100cm x 80cm in what appears to be good quality flexible rubber. My wife decided she wanted one to put mucky boots on in the garage but I may well try it out in the boot. £12 including vat.
Kodiaq Edition1.4tsi manual awd in quartz grey with black leather, rear view camera with led rear lights, adaptive cruise control, dynamic chassis control, rough road package, front /rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, heated windscreen/washers.

suniil

Post by suniil » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:04 pm

I've got a generic (universal) boot liner from ebay for £13 (120cm x 130cm approx). It fits 100% accurate after trimming down . Not made of cheap plastic, but kind a mix of rubber & plastic.

20171114_110334.jpg

Order date: 10-08-17 | BW39 | Delivery: 19-10-17 | Nothing fancy, just SE model with parking sensors | My Car etc

House

Post by House » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:10 pm

Thanks all useful to know. At the moment I have put a towell underneath just stop any further marks while I make a decision.

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Wed May 23, 2018 4:54 pm

House wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:31 pm
Colin Lambert wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Although I have actually just found this one, which doesnt look to have a lip at the edge which could be the answer - so I can still roll the pushchair out completely.

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbveh ... RN2rIVBFwa
(I know this thread is old, but somebody might be searching for info)
I have this liner, its a great fit. Its almost flat at the boot opening.
2.0 TSI Edition, 7 seat, Black with Beige Leather
ACC, Pan. roof, LED Light pack ,Canton, Heated rear seats, Heated w/s + washer jets , spare wheel, Front and rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, Rear view camera

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:03 pm

Flip over the boot floor so the plastic side is up and the soft carpet side is down.
2.0 TSI Edition, 7 seat, Black with Beige Leather
ACC, Pan. roof, LED Light pack ,Canton, Heated rear seats, Heated w/s + washer jets , spare wheel, Front and rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, Rear view camera

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”