'Personalisation of drive mode selection'

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Hellblazer
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:27 am

Re: 'Personalisation of drive mode selection'

Post by Hellblazer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:20 pm

As usual Skoda and other brands dealers have little or no information on what you can activate in the car and give false information. I have activated the personalization without a 3rd key and using only obdeleven pro and it works perfectly.
Instructions on how to do it can be found at obdeleven forum.
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp 4x2 DSG Style | 19" Sirius Rims


bother
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:48 am

Re: 'Personalisation of drive mode selection'

Post by bother » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:33 pm

Hellblazer wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:20 pm
As usual Skoda and other brands dealers have little or no information on what you can activate in the car and give false information. I have activated the personalization without a 3rd key and using only obdeleven pro and it works perfectly.
Instructions on how to do it can be found at obdeleven forum.
That's better news :-)

Just to double check, we're talking about the functionality that allows you to create 'users' and then customise multiple various settings for each separate user. As I understand it you can then tie those users to a key, but they don't have to be. They can be activated via the DIS menu irrespective of which key is used?

Can you provide a link to those instructions?
Edition 1.4DSG, Front Sensors, Spacesaver


Hellblazer
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:27 am

Re: 'Personalisation of drive mode selection'

Post by Hellblazer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Yes, that's it, but you can't create users. The system has 3 users that can be named/renamed and associated to a key and a guest/passenger user too.
I can provide instructions on how to activate it with obdeleven.
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp 4x2 DSG Style | 19" Sirius Rims


bother
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:48 am

Re: 'Personalisation of drive mode selection'

Post by bother » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Hellblazer wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:37 pm
Yes, that's it, but you can't create users. The system has 3 users that can be named/renamed and associated to a key and a guest/passenger user too.
I can provide instructions on how to activate it with obdeleven.
Ah ok. I knew users were involved but not familiar with the intricacies. If you could possibly provide instructions that would be awesome. I am reasonably tech savvy but I've never got into car modding...
Edition 1.4DSG, Front Sensors, Spacesaver


Hellblazer
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:27 am

Re: 'Personalisation of drive mode selection'

Post by Hellblazer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:56 pm

These are the instructions I have used:
http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3400/personalization

Also has some workarounds for specific issues.
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp 4x2 DSG Style | 19" Sirius Rims


bother
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:48 am

Re: 'Personalisation of drive mode selection'

Post by bother » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:38 pm

Hellblazer wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:56 pm
These are the instructions I have used:
http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/3400/personalization

Also has some workarounds for specific issues.
Thank you!!!
Edition 1.4DSG, Front Sensors, Spacesaver


Lazy_T
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 'Personalisation of drive mode selection'

Post by Lazy_T » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:07 am

Hellblazer wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:37 pm
Yes, that's it, but you can't create users. The system has 3 users that can be named/renamed and associated to a key and a guest/passenger user too.
I can provide instructions on how to activate it with obdeleven.


Fierce, is that using a standard OBD kit? I have one somewhere I think.
2.0 (190) TDi Edition, 7 Seats with Canton, Fatigue Detection, Heated Windscreen & Jets, Media Command, Park Assist with Front/Rear Sensors, Sleep Pack, & Travel Assist (on order)


Hellblazer
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:27 am

Re: 'Personalisation of drive mode selection'

Post by Hellblazer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:12 pm

Lazy_T wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:07 am
Hellblazer wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:37 pm
Yes, that's it, but you can't create users. The system has 3 users that can be named/renamed and associated to a key and a guest/passenger user too.
I can provide instructions on how to activate it with obdeleven.


Fierce, is that using a standard OBD kit? I have one somewhere I think.
Sorry, but no. Obdeleven is a device and software pack, like VCDS, but cheaper and with less capabilities.
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp 4x2 DSG Style | 19" Sirius Rims


Lazy_T
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 'Personalisation of drive mode selection'

Post by Lazy_T » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:43 am

Bought one - going to try this tomorrow.

Will update.
2.0 (190) TDi Edition, 7 Seats with Canton, Fatigue Detection, Heated Windscreen & Jets, Media Command, Park Assist with Front/Rear Sensors, Sleep Pack, & Travel Assist (on order)


bother
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:48 am

Re: 'Personalisation of drive mode selection'

Post by bother » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:53 am

Lazy_T wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:43 am
Bought one - going to try this tomorrow.

Will update.
When you say "bought one", what specifically did you buy?

Very interested to see how this goes as I'd really like to get this enabled
Edition 1.4DSG, Front Sensors, Spacesaver


Post Reply

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”