Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Alan Chapple

Re: Phone Charging

Post by Alan Chapple » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:02 am

cmak wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:20 am
here is a nice after market solution

http://inbay.systems/en/universal-charging-cup/
How to I convert that website to English, am I missing something simple as it does look quite interesting.
2.0 TDI 190bhp, Edition, 4x4, DSG, Quartz Grey

erniem

Post by erniem » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Just acquired a note9
Took out the rubber mat in the phonebox
trimmed the two edging lips to limit the size of the phone with a sharp knife
Replaced the rubber mat
Problem solved
Kodiaq 150 TDI SE-L 4x4 DSG
Media Command
3 year Infotainment
Rear heated seats
Lighting pack
Front and Rear sensors

m66dan

Post by m66dan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of my Kodiaq Edition. I thought it came standard with wireless phone charging but it does not work? I've tried latest Samsung and iPhone and neither charge. I'm guessing I've got it wrong and the phonebox must have been an option? :?
Kodiaq Edition 2.0 diesel 150, DSG. :geek:

PhilM

Post by PhilM » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:24 pm

m66dan wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:57 pm
Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of my Kodiaq Edition. I thought it came standard with wireless phone charging but it does not work? I've tried latest Samsung and iPhone and neither charge. I'm guessing I've got it wrong and the phonebox must have been an option? :?

I understand new cars no longer have wireless charging / signal amplifier- it appears there were licencing issues with the amplifier - my new Edition doesn't have it either. So I bought this instead....
Petrol Blue 5 seat Kodiak Edition 1.5TSI DSG with19" Sirius wheels and too many expensive extras! Collected 3rd January.

arkaig

Post by arkaig » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:32 pm

It appears to be a UK-only regulatory or licensing problem resulting in the withdrawal from UK specification last year.

European Kodiaqs are still specified and supplied - Comfort telephone handsfree with Phonebox and wireless charging function
Kodiaq 190Tdi DSG L&K (7), Brown, DCC, Panoroof, Towbar, Trailer Assist, Virtual Pedal, Digi Cockpit, Rough Road Pack, Vent Seats, Drive Mode, Rear Seat Lever, Heated Steering Wheel, Roller Blinds

Order 20/12/18 - Built 23/2/19 - Collected 14/3/19

J-R

Post by J-R » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:14 am

FYI, my new Kodiaq came with the wireless charging pad/box, and it works perfectly with my Samsung S7. Unfortunately, I don't expect it to get much use, as I will usually have Waze on the car's screen (using Android Auto), which means the phone has to be plugged in via USB anyway.
JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

Stevie C

Post by Stevie C » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:15 pm

My Edition has QI charger and phone LTE amp.
There were some software issues with the functions detecting a phone and turning the amp on - seem to remember topic on this somewhere on this forum.
Mine works fine with Samsung S9+

Also I have looked at the aerial amp functionality and strongly believe it assists in the phone and car connecting via rSAP quicker (not available on iPhones I believe). My phone seems to connect to the Columbus Infotainment system almost instantly via Remote SIM mode when I dock it in the centre console on wireless charger.
EDITION 190 DSG, 7 seat, Moon White, ACC, Columbus touch screen, Canton, Virtual puddle, Area View, Trailer Trash ting, lectric towbar,heated seats windscreen n wheel, etc. Ordered 25th Aug 2017, BW 39, delivered 18th October.

Gwenlais1

Post by Gwenlais1 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:12 am

Wireless Charging no longer available ?
Picked up my new Edition on Friday 1st March only to find no wireless charging which had been in the spec when I ordered six months previously. Told by dealer Skoda no longer offer this. Perhaps you should check before deciding on a phone .

J-R

Post by J-R » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:31 am

Did they say why they discontinued it? Is there any problem with the existing one we should know about? I only picked up my 2019 Kodiaq around a month ago.
Thanks,
JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

hendohimself

Post by hendohimself » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:44 am

I asked about it when I order mine in January. Dealer said the phone signal amplifier caused some sort of security problem in that it exposed peoples locations to hackers or something. No idea if that’s true though!
1.5 TSI SE, 7 Seat, Metallic Petrol, Heated Windscreen, Drive Mode Selector, Spare Wheel, Fold Down Tables, Sleep Pack, Lumbar Support, Running boards. Ordered 25/1/19, collecting 29/6/19.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”