Racechip XLR

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
AndyH

Re: Racechip XLR

Post by AndyH » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:48 pm

For me it was just a question of aesthetics, I expected them both to perform equally but thought the matt black / chrome accents blended a bit better in the cabin. Boy was it worth the money, I leave mine in sport+ and the car responds fantastically. It has genuinely transformed the driving experience and I would recommend it 100%.

You can tell at a glance what mode it is in - the O lights up green for city, orange for sport and red for sport plus, there are three + and three - increments for each setting, and there is a bank of LEDs (three green three red) between the + and - buttons, so it is pretty clear.

Capture.JPG

Update on insurance, Vero are not loading my premium, they have advised that as it is TUV approved and CE certified it does not affect my cover. Surprised . . . delighted, but surprised nonetheless.

Kiwi Kodiaqer

Post by Kiwi Kodiaqer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:01 am

Just ordered my DTUK pedal box plus. My insurance company also had no issue with this device. Picking up my Kodiaq tomorrow finally. cant wait :shock:
Picked up 9th August 2017 2.0 TDI 190 STYLE DSG Black, Triglav wheels. Pleasure to drive

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:18 am

Andy,
Re DTUK, I stand corrected, Sorry!
Whichever one buys they do transform the driving experience. Anyone who is a bit of a petrolhead and cares about the quality of the drive really should consider investing the dosh! Let's face it, it's naff all compared to the price of the car.
BTW what IS the chrome knob to the left of the centre console with what looks like a card behind it?? Also the red 'blob' on the glovebox lid? are they other goodies I can waste more of my pension on?? :lol:
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

KodiaqPetrolHead

Post by KodiaqPetrolHead » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:26 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:18 am
Andy,
BTW what IS the chrome knob to the left of the centre console with what looks like a card behind it?? Is it another goody I can waste more of my pension on?? :lol:
I'm guessing a magnetic ball phone holder. Had one on my Octavia - brilliant. However the Kodiaq is so interactive that I don't now bother getting my phone out of my pocket.

Andy - Damn! You've got some stuff on that car.
Business Grey SE-L TSI 180 PS 4x4 DSG with whistles & bells.
Took ownership 6 April '17.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:02 am

Yup! I think you are correct!
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

AndyH

Post by AndyH » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:07 am

Yes Colin it is a Steelie phone mount on a Brodit adapter for the Kodiaq. I use apps that don’t work with CarPlay so have the iPhone screen visible rather than tucked away in the cubby. Not sure what I’ll do when the iPhone 8 is released if it has wireless charging, but I think I must have been a Magpie in a former life as I seem to be attracted to sparkly things!!

Sprower

Post by Sprower » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:06 am

I've also spoken to my insurer (Privilege) who were slightly confused by exactly what it does, but when I clearly went through it with them, and on confirmation that it does not affect the engine power / BHP etc. and only impacts the responsiveness, they have confirmed they are happy with that, no additional premium, and they have made appropriate notes on my insurance file.

Of course I've also noted the date and time of the phone call in my records, so I'm happy I'm fully covered, open and honest about having fitted it, with no additional premium.
Edition, 2.0 TDI, 190PS, 4x4, DSG. Build Week 22. Quartz Grey, Black Triglavs, Black leather. Front & rear sensors, rear camera, heated screen, Canton, sunroof, towbar, Adaptive CC. :D

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:00 am

When I contacted Aviva I did it via 'live chat' on line. They then send a transcript of the chat if you want one, so I have it in writing!!!!
I am sure all our premiums will go up next time, so we won't know if they keep their word on XLRs/DTUKs or if it is just the normal rip off increase. :shock:
[color=#00

kthuno

Post by kthuno » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:55 pm

Did anyone try the App-based control function with the XLR?
-- DSG TDI 2.0 150bhp Style

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:42 pm

They show it on the web site but don't give a price or the option to choose it, as far as I could see.
I can't really see the point to be honest.
[color=#00

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”