4 Month Review and driven halfway across Europe

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Dougie Smith

4 Month Review and driven halfway across Europe

Post by Dougie Smith » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:48 pm

Thought that I would put a quick review on regarding my Kodiaq 190 TDI, Edition 4x4, DSG in Petrol Blue. Just returned from holiday in, Lake Garda, Italy, driving through Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy and France with my 4 month old Kodiaq and I can honestly say, it has been an absolute joy to drive. Everything about this car is comfort and performance. We drove through the Alps and hills in Switzerland and it coped so well with the twisting roads. I have owned a number of SUVs, and this has to be the best yet, still extremely pleased with it after 4 months :P

18209900_10154578781234677_1517473900_o[1].jpg

IMG_3506.JPG

Liberty

Re: 4 Month Review and driven halfway across Europe

Post by Liberty » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:15 pm

Thank you for your review. We have plans to take similar routes once we have our car delivered. Nice to read about your good experience and comparison to other cars and SUVs.
Skoda KODIAQ Style 2.0 TDI DSG 190PS 4x4 Quartz Grey
Drive Mode, DCC, ACC, Area View, Climatronic, all assistants, Columbus 9.2", Canton audio, alarm, ambient lighting, ventilated leather. A lot of extra things. Five seats, no sunroof.

dalglir

Post by dalglir » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:12 pm

Excellent - we're planning something extraordinarily similar! Do you have an lessons learned, tips, observations that would be helpful? Ours is a 2WD but as long as the road is tarmac, should be ok... hopefully...
150 PS 2.0 TDi DSG 2WD Edition.

'It's so... black!' said Ford Prefect. 'You can hardly make out its shape... light just seems to fall into it!' Zaphod said nothing. He had simply fallen in love.

Dougie Smith

Post by Dougie Smith » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:33 am

dalglir wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:12 pm
Excellent - we're planning something extraordinarily similar! Do you have an lessons learned, tips, observations that would be helpful? Ours is a 2WD but as long as the road is tarmac, should be ok... hopefully...
I'm sure it should be fine, all of the roads we encountered were good. It is the first DSG Gearbox I have had and I was very impressed with the performance of the car using this gearbox. It was so much easier than having to change gear every few seconds, particularly when climbing steep hills and narrow corners. The engine/gearbox didn't seem to feel any strain at all. Just to add, there were four of us in the car with a full load and a roof top box. Hope you have a great trip :)

SilverFox

Post by SilverFox » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:13 am

In August I will be taking my Edition Petrol Blue 150 4wd DSG to the following routes in France. Cambridge to Tours, Tours to Bordeaux, Bordeaux to Limoges, Limoges to Chatel in the French Alps and then back to Cambridge. I Estimate 2500-3000 miles and I can't wait. I have had the car 2 weeks now and I must say it is the best car I have ever driven. It really is a pleasure to drive. We will have 4 in the car with a road bike on the roof. Cant wait!
Edition 150PS Diesel 4 x 4 DSG - Petrol Blue, Beige Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, Tablet Holders, Media Command, Canton sound system, folding table, space saver rear wheel, textile floor mats

LordBiscuits

Post by LordBiscuits » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:53 pm

As a gamer I love your number plate :lol:

Great to hear the Kodiaq is an awesome touring machine. I should be getting mine this week/weekend if it ever gets one of these "shipping orders" and we'll be heading over to France at the start August for the summer jolly at the in laws.
BW25 Kodiaq Edition 1.4 TSi DSG Petrol Blue

MrNice

Post by MrNice » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:25 pm

:: DELETED ::
Kodiaq Edition 4x4 2.0TDI 150PS DSG

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”