Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Engine swap

7K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 
#1 ·
Hi there.

Is it possible to swap the 2.0 TSI 190 PS engine in my Kodiaq SportLine with the 2.0 TSI 272 PS from a Superb SportLine?

Many thanks.

#4 ·
You MUST inform your insurance if you do any type of tuning, otherwise you may well find any insurance claim will not be met. I'll let you work out the consequences if you are unlucky enough to kill a breadwinner in an RTA! If not insured. (hope you like prison food!!) :lol:

#5 ·
Insurance informed £34 per year extra, I have done this on a few of my cars. Always tell my insurance company,
Its fairly simple now days do it on line if you can.

G
#6 ·
billbobaggins1 said:
Insurance informed £34 per year extra, I have done this on a few of my cars. Always tell my insurance company,
Its fairly simple now days do it on line if you can.
Similar experience when I remapped my Mk1 Octavia VRS a few years ago, insurance cost increase was minimal. Can't see why you wouldn't inform them as Colin implies.

#8 ·
billbobaggins1 said:
It's fairly simple now days do it on line if you can.
[/quote

I am insured with Aviva and they won't countenance any form of chipping at any price.
They did eventually accept the SLR Pedal Box having had all the tech info supplied.

#10 ·
The Racechip GTS box I have it set to 5 (standard) and has made the torque better at low rpm so more pulling power, I guess yours is the the 190PS same as mine. I can't complain really does the job. It was cheaper than some others and it offered better figures too, obviously I haven't rolling road checked it, but seen other videos of VAG engines checked against actual Racechip specs on rolling roads and they match those.

#11 ·
billbobaggins1 said:
The Racechip GTS box I have it set to 5 (standard) and has made the torque better at low rpm so more pulling power, I guess yours is the the 190PS same as mine. I can't complain really does the job. It was cheaper than some others and it offered better figures too, obviously I haven't rolling road checked it, but seen other videos of VAG engines checked against actual Racechip specs on rolling roads and they match those.
Many thanks.

#12 ·
There's no point doing an engine swap when most of the mechanicals are the same. All you need to do is swap the turbocharger with the IS38 off a 280/272PS engine. https://www.goapr.com/products/turbo_20t_g3_is38_mqb.html

That is what you need, I think REVO also sell a similar off the shelf upgrade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.