Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Buyer beware: L&K ET19 YXL Beadles Southend

7K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  scratch113 
#1 ·
If you are reading this post and considering purchasing the Kodiaq L&K (ET19 YXL) for sale by Beadles Skoda in Southend, please think again!

This is a rejected car, I know this because I rejected it. The reason for rejection was that it had been crashed by the dealership prior to me collecting the "new" car. They of course did not tell me this, they got a botched repair done which you should be able to see if you inspect the vehicle as it is now a 2-tone white with paint runs. The rear drivers quarter is particularly bad, but the actual extent of the damage can be seen under certain light conditions.

In addition to the bad repair, the vehicle is also suffering from a faulty DAB radio and the legendary "kangarooing" issue that VW seem unable to fix - note this is happening on this DSG when cold!

Unfortunately the next owner will of course have not read this, but if it deters you from buying it then hopefully I have helped you!

Needless to say, I have moved on from Skoda as the whole experience was awful. It is a shame as the vehicle itself was very nice and at the price I paid for it (which is less than currently advertised) it did represent good value.

My advice is to avoid any garage that belongs to Group1Auto who own Beadles, their senior management have an interesting perspective on the truth and customer service. They also seem to not understand FCA regulations when handling customer money which was a surprise for an organisation of its size. The entire episode has left me nearly £4,000 out of pocket and caused considerable stress.

See less See more
#2 ·
Why are you £4,000 out of pocket?

If the vehicle was not as sold (new and un damaged) or defective then you should not have lost any money on it. I assume you have sought legal advice.

#3 ·
FoxtrotAlpha said:

If the vehicle was not as sold (new and un damaged) or defective then you should not have lost any money on it. I assume you have sought legal advice.
The episode dragged on for a long time, in that time they sold the vehicle I part exchanged so could not get me back to the position I was originally in. The refund has not left me with the true value of my original vehicle. Even worse, I am now without a car and having to waste time sourcing another one.

They did offer to order a replacement but unfortunately they no longer make the same model and what they offered was considerably more expensive where I would need pay the difference and also wait 6 months for the privilege, whilst still "renting" the damaged vehicle and the threat of mileage charges. The cost of that was not an option for me.

Legal advice is a possibility, but the thought of spending more money with the potential of getting nothing back makes me wonder if it is really worth it.

#4 ·
s2kmy said:
FoxtrotAlpha said:

The episode dragged on for a long time, in that time they sold the vehicle I part exchanged so could not get me back to the position I was originally in. The refund has not left me with the true value of my original vehicle. Even worse, I am now without a car and having to waste time sourcing another one.

They did offer to order a replacement but unfortunately they no longer make the same model and what they offered was considerably more expensive where I would need pay the difference and also wait 6 months for the privilege, whilst still "renting" the damaged vehicle and the threat of mileage charges. The cost of that was not an option for me.

Legal advice is a possibility, but the thought of spending more money with the potential of getting nothing back makes me wonder if it is really worth it.
I can see you position more clearly now. I understand the reticence in taking a legal route, in today's news someone has spent over £30k trying to quash a £100 speeding fine which is just plain stupid.

What has Skoda UK (Exec Office) said or done about it, if anything?

I am sure you can get a very basic review of the situation from a lawyer in terms of likely success rate to claim back losses for very little and it's also worth a call to the onbudsmen for the motor industry and the financial service industry if you feel they have fallen foul of their obligations. If nothing else it would become a pain to the dealer which sounds like they deserve it.

Dont bother with Citizen Advice they are rubbish.

Trustpilot is another way to warn people about a rogue company. It's the only review site I have used that has asked for evidence from me due to a bad review. It was supplied and the review was published.

It all depends on how much you want to dent their business and how much you just want to walk away.

#5 ·
It's telling that when you find the car on the Skoda website's used car search Beadles don't have any pictures of it!

#6 ·
FoxtrotAlpha said:
s2kmy said:
FoxtrotAlpha said:

I can see you position more clearly now. I understand the reticence in taking a legal route, in today's news someone has spent over £30k trying to quash a £100 speeding fine which is just plain stupid.

I am sure you can get a very basic review of the situation from a lawyer in terms of likely success rate to claim back losses for very little and it's also worth a call to the onbudsmen for the motor industry and the financial service industry if you feel they have fallen foul of their obligations. If nothing else it would become a pain to the dealer which sounds like they deserve it.

Trustpilot is another way to warn people about a rogue company. It's the only review site I have used that has asked for evidence from me due to a bad review. It was supplied and the review was published.

It all depends on how much you want to dent their business and how much you just want to walk away.
Skoda UK were fairly helpful, however in the end they have no power over bad dealerships like this one so could not really help.

Thanks for the Trustpilot tip, I will leave a review on there although they are already rated as poor with some fairly scathing reviews which comes as no surprise to me. Perhaps I should have read Trustpilot reviews before parting with my cash originally :lol:

#7 ·
CJJE said:
It's telling that when you find the car on the Skoda website's used car search Beadles don't have any pictures of it!
It is also telling that they are attempting to sell a car that has outstanding finance on it as I have not yet been refunded all of my payments so actually still have a financial interest in the car!

#8 ·
s2kmy said:
FoxtrotAlpha said:
s2kmy said:

Skoda UK were fairly helpful, however in the end they have no power over bad dealerships like this one so could not really help.

Thanks for the Trustpilot tip, I will leave a review on there although they are already rated as poor with some fairly scathing reviews which comes as no surprise to me. Perhaps I should have read Trustpilot reviews before parting with my cash originally :lol:
Out of all the review sites I have found Trustpilot the most robust. I posted a bad review about an ISP who was hosting one of my websites. It wasn't approved until I supplied TrustPilot with evidence that I was a customer of the ISP.

Ironically British Car Auctions also gets a bad reviews on TrusttPilot which they lived up to when they collected my old Kodiaq at the end of the contract, they simply didn't turn up to collect it first time and wasn't eager on the second. Skoda Finance said they would give me a grace period due to the non-collection.... I told them that they could stick that as it was their agents who failed to collect the vehicle. Happy days.

#10 ·
Kevinthepenguin said:
Plenty of pictures of it on their website now.....
Yep, they avoided picturing the drivers side, which is a different shade of white 🤣

#11 ·
s2kmy said:
Kevinthepenguin said:
Plenty of pictures of it on their website now.....
Yep, they avoided picturing the drivers side, which is a different shade of white 🤣
Yep, something just doesn't look right with the driver's door...
Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.