Skoda Fabia

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Alan Chapple

Skoda Fabia

Post by Alan Chapple » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:35 am

I'm looking for a wee bit of advice. The Kodiaq is our first Skoda and we are delighted with it. We currently have a wee VW Up! as our 2nd run about car, its time to change it and looking at buying a wee Skoda as the new second car. Obviously the Skoda Citigo is basically a VW Up! so we have started looking at the Fabia, does anyone on here have one or have first hand experience they could offer which would help?
2.0 TDI 190bhp, Edition, 4x4, DSG, Quartz Grey

Colin Lambert

Re: Skoda Fabia

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:22 pm

I had a 1.2 DSG Fabia estate.
105 BHP
The later ones have a 110bhp 1.2
They are fantastic little cars. I only changed mine as my bad back progressed I needed a higher car and so had a succession of 3 Yetis, all with the 1.2 DSG set up. It is a fantastic engine.
I have three friends with Fabia hatches, all 1.2 DSG and all three of them cannot say enough good about these fantastic cars.
If you are going new you only have the choice of the 1.0L 3 pot engine, which I have not driven but apparently is an amazing performer.
If you are going 'pre-loved'>>>>
Look below and input engine gearbox age , price etc. Also change the Postcode, as the link below has mine in it.
Tip! Go for the SE L the lower specs are very basic.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search ... de=bh148rt
If going new go here>>>>>to build your own. Choose hatch or estate.
http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/gbr/gbr/ ... lsrc=aw.ds
Good luck, You won't be disappointed.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Alan Chapple

Post by Alan Chapple » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:27 pm

Thanks very much for that, I found online this morning that local Skoda dealer is doing Brand new 19 plate 1.0MPI S 5dr for £125 deposit and £125 a month on PCP. I think I will pop in and have a look, certainly compared to similar size cars e.g. VW Polo it seems a great deal and as above we are delighted with the Kodiaq so far.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:40 pm

My wife had a 1.4 TDI 3 cylinder Fabia hatchback a few years ago. Noisy on start up but when going a lovely, economical car. She's had an Alfa Gulietta and a Skoda Rapid since then and regrets getting rid of the Fabia.
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, Manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb. :)

Zach

Post by Zach » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Would recommend considering the Fiesta, the 1.0 turbo in that is an absolute cracker. The 1.0 turbo in the Fabia is good but wouldn’t recommend the MPI.
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles| RS to come..?

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:39 pm

Alan,
Do make sure that an 'S' has all the 'toys' you require.
Also the residuals on the S are not so good as the more upmarket models, because they are so basic. If you are keeping it 'til it drops, then fair enough, but if you only keep it 2 or 2 years, you may well get a nasty shock on P/X.
Just think it through carefully.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

Alan Chapple

Post by Alan Chapple » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:17 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:39 pm
Alan,
Do make sure that an 'S' has all the 'toys' you require.
Also the residuals on the S are not so good as the more upmarket models, because they are so basic. If you are keeping it 'til it drops, then fair enough, but if you only keep it 2 or 2 years, you may well get a nasty shock on P/X.
Just think it through carefully.
I'm not really bothered about any 'toys' on the Fabia which will be the family second car/runaround.
We have always worked on the theory that the less extras the second car has the cheaper it will be to run/repair/maintain and the less likely something is to go wrong with it anyway. It frees up money elsewhere in the household budget to enable the main car (Kodiaq) to be as nice as we can afford, hence we have the Edition.

The VW Up! we have just now is a 13 plate, purchased new, and has windy windows in the front, the windows in the back only open very slightly to vent. There is no central or remote locking, every door has to be unlocked individually with a car, that's how basic it is BUT it cost us circa £7k 6 years ago, costs £20 a year road tax and £100 per annum to insure, A full tank of petrol costs £35-40 and last about a fortnight.

We went to see local Skoda dealer on Wednesday night, he's gonna give us £3k for the Up! which brings the price of a brand new Fabia down to just over £100 per month, he threw in a 3 year service plan too and a full size spare wheel and £1000 cashback, we have put £2k deposit down so we are quite happy with that.

Regarding trade in, its on PCP so they guarantee a future value anyway.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:48 am

Jolly good,
Very glad you got sorted out,
Well done.
[color=#00

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”