Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Apple car play stopped working

28K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Basherdrummer 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Apple car play stopped working yesturday, it had been working fine on a long trip, stopped at the services after the engine was turned off, but we could not get it to reconnect (tried turning the car and phone off and on without success). Gave up in the end a carried on the journey without it.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so did you find a way to make it work again?

Thanks

#2 ·
Hi yes I have had this before and in almost exactly the same circumstances at a motorway services. The cause in my case was that my iPhone was stopped in mid track on a music playback when I removed the phone from the car to get a cuppa. When I restarted the car the phone charged but the USB cable was not recognised by the Columbus unit. I had to manually close the playback on the IPhone before I reconnected and all worked fine. I have had the same issue if you pause a podcast playback on BBC iPlayer radio. You need to stop it, not pause and close the IPlayer before you take the phone off the USB cable. I think it's an Apple glitch

#3 ·
CarPlay occasionally glitches on mine too. However, I find the fix is generally to force a reboot of Columbus. Touch and hold the power button until the screen suddenly goes black (takes a good 15 seconds or so) and you hear a pop over the audio. It reboots and starts back up, and usually CarPlay starts working again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.