Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Who's got a car on order?

158K views 355 replies 90 participants last post by  tractorman 
#1 ·
Seems everyone is waiting! Post here your order date, build date if you have one, delivery day etc and eventually when you collect your car, might make the wait easier to see people actually picking up their cars!!

I ordered 2.0 TSI Sportline on 20th July. Waiting to have a build date assigned! Dealer estimated delivery on 31st October. I'm not feeling confident lol!!

#302 ·
Checked with both Skoda UK and dealer today, who both swear business grey is definitely still available. Although based on your experience, I still have doubts. However wltp is confirmed as 19th Jan 😀

#303 ·
Evs said:
Checked with both Skoda UK and dealer today, who both swear business grey is definitely still available. Although based on your experience, I still have doubts. However wltp is confirmed as 19th Jan 😀
Guessing you have one in business grey on order. Is it a sport line? Might just affect them??

Also if you have been waiting for a build week and it hasn't been assigned I would question this again as I was told this by customer experience manager at skoda Uk. Had to change colour to quartz grey. Still haven't got a build week though!

#304 ·
Spoke to my dealership today
My car was built Monday and is in transit to the UK
They said as soon as it's at the showroom they will contact me again so I can view it and have a play then they will hold it until March 1st for the new reg for me
Happy days

#306 ·
Mine landed either at the end of last week or today and a shipping order has been raised. Hopefully I'll get it before I need to tax / mot my current one (end of the week). The dealer has offered to take it in part ex (a better figure than some well advertised car buying web sites) and give me a loaner for a few days if need be.

Just working out if this is the best deal or should I get it taxed and mot'd and try to sell it. Total cost of this about £130 and will I get much more back? Shame as it's got 6 month old tyres and the scrapies will make quite a tidy profit out of the bits I would have thought. I've not got the space to break it down myself otherwise I would!

Alastair

#308 ·
Shotto said:
Well it's at the dealership and they have offered me a discount to pick it up earlier very VERY tempted
I would want at least £500 to pick up early. Can understand why it is a difficult decision. I'm picking up my Edition on 1st March, I've had no offer to pick up early, although it was clear that they wanted me to.

Only 5 weeks or so.

Steve

#311 ·
Mine *should* be getting built next week. Its been a long slog but hoping i can see the end in sight.

Re build weeks not getting allocated yet, definitely contact skoda about these as it seems the dealers arent being told crucial information that will get it into the process. Mine was that the spec wasnt converted even though when i ordered I was told I'd ordered MY19

#312 ·
I have a kodiaq on order. It was ordered mid September and it has been a painful wait but it is being built next week. Any idea how long it will take to get to the dealer? Skoda customer services are saying 3-4 weeks in total but the dealer is confident that it will arrive on or before the current predicted date of 25th Feb. Fingers crossed that it will be here in time for me to pick it up on 1st March to get a new plate.

#313 ·
numanoids said:
Mine *should* be getting built next week. Its been a long slog but hoping i can see the end in sight.

Re build weeks not getting allocated yet, definitely contact skoda about these as it seems the dealers arent being told crucial information that will get it into the process. Mine was that the spec wasnt converted even though when i ordered I was told I'd ordered MY19
My understanding is that the dealer needs to physically go into their ordering system for each individual order to get an update. My dealer was so lazy and indifferent about the order that they didn't bother.

#314 ·
Mine has been built and is on its way :)

Just need to agree collection date for my VRS230 and delivery date in March for the Kodiaq.

No complaints at all about the dealer I have used - Lookers in Stockport have been brilliant, regular updates at every stage and happy to accommodate the changes to spec I made.

#315 ·
Ordered my Kodiaq today! :)
5-seater, black magic pearl, 2.0 TSI DSG Sportline with most boxes ticked. Delevery is expected to be in mid to late june.

#316 ·
Deposit paid for SE L 190 TSI 4x4 DSG in petrol blue and beige interior with 14 options (so factory build) on 30 Jan. Order confirmed on 5 Feb. Delivery quoted as week 17 - end of April

#317 ·
I got told build week 4 for 2.0 tsi sel for UK, I was sitting in it today & choosing Reg number & it's only wk 6!!
Two weeks & it's built, delivered to dealers.
Mind u I ordered wk 29!!

#319 ·
So i gets a call Friday from the dealer to say its there and they want to arrange delivery for Monday/Tuesday this week. I'm fine with that as I'm at home Monday so can pick it up. Then they tell me Sunday that due to the stupidly long amount of time its taken that the finance company now need to reopen the campaign so they can approve the deal I was given at the time of ordering. Now they're saying it'll be tomorrow at latest before they can do this so i'm left languishing yet again.

I just hope I dont end up resenting a car as a result of the absolutely abysmal experience i've had waiting for it.

#320 ·
That's interesting numanoids, I have a similar situation regarding the finance as mine was originally started on 27th March 2018 when I ordered. Dealer has been stalling for nearly a week now and I'm scheduled to collect on Friday at 14:00!

#322 ·
PhilBate said:
That's interesting numanoids, I have a similar situation regarding the finance as mine was originally started on 27th March 2018 when I ordered. Dealer has been stalling for nearly a week now and I'm scheduled to collect on Friday at 14:00!
Decided to have a polite rant at the dealer about the fact VW Financial Services dont seem to care about customers much and within an hour I'd received my documents. Dealer apologised but they couldnt do anything about getting the finance moving until the vehicle was on their forecourt but I did say that VWFS could be a bit more agile due to the fact VW themselves are to blame for the huge delay. Anyway I picked the car up on Tuesday (which coincided with my 40th birthday) and i'm loving it (Need to sort my signature out with details). Got to enjoy it for a day and now i'm away for work......

I'd give them a call and make sure the paperwork has been issued.

#323 ·
I've got a build week estimate of 22nd April according to Skoda Live Chat this morning. So probably looking at late May delivery at best, more likely June.

I was hoping the 16 weeks I was predicted by the dealer at the end of January was overly cautious, but it looks slightly optimistic now.

Does anyone know if the unconfirmed build weeks tend to change much at all?

#324 ·
I've just ordered a Quartz Grey Sportline 2.0 tdi150 manual on Monday. Expected delivery date of 1st July. Been 5 years since the last new car, forgotten how long the wait is! Was stuck between Quartz Grey and Business Grey so the boss had the deciding vote. New to the Skoda stable.

#325 ·
Kmscully said:
I've just ordered a Quartz Grey Sportline 2.0 tdi150 manual on Monday. Expected delivery date of 1st July. Been 5 years since the last new car, forgotten how long the wait is! Was stuck between Quartz Grey and Business Grey so the boss had the deciding vote. New to the Skoda stable.
Same spec but DSG on order, won't get mine till mid mid August.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.