Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

'Personalisation of drive mode selection'

22K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Yuzi87 
#1 ·
Looking at the configurator on the Skoda website, 'Personalisation of drive mode selection' is (only) a £40 option.

Wondering if it's a software tweak or something the dealer could do post delivery.

We have an Edition model so have memory seats tied to keys but would be nice to have all the different features tied to the personalisation option.

Anyone have any experience with this?

G
#2 ·
I have it on my 150 Diesel DSG.
The only thing I like about it is the ability to control how hard / soft the steering is.
The Eco mode is gimmicky
Normal is ... normal
Sport is ... sport
I've got it set to individual with all settings except steering set to normal

There's also a button next to the DSG selector to change the drive mode so doubt it can be retrofitted by the dealer.

#3 ·
Vico, thanks for the reply. That's not what I'm referring to. I have the Drive mode select as standard.

The personalisation feature is where the car effectively has 'users' and each user can personalise and store many different settings against their name so that when two different people use the car their individual settings are stored separate.

#5 ·
Still learning how to use it all, but find it good, especially the seat settings to individual fobs as Di likes to have the seat right up to the steering wheel and l am more laid-back.

For the mode setting l have done the same as vico1612 , Di is just all normal settings

#6 ·
Zach said:
Changes media settings, your individual drive mode, and just about everything in the vehicle settings
That's the one Zach.

I do already have the ability to pair a key to a memory seat position but that's all.

The full personalisation option must be a software config thing as it's only a £40 option. Still wondering if it can be enabled post delivery...

#7 ·
davidb said:
Still learning how to use it all, but find it good, especially the seat settings to individual fobs as Di likes to have the seat right up to the steering wheel and l am more laid-back.
Thanks David. I do have the fob-to-seat setting as that seems to be provided outside of the full personalisation option if you have memory seats.

It's the full personalisation option I'm after which included things such as climate settings, media settings etc...

#8 ·
Here you go, a full description from the Skoda Configurator...

"Personalisation of drive mode selection

Allows multiple drivers to adapt the car's behaviour to their own personalised settings for certain system features via the user account to which a specific key is assigned. These system features include driving modes, assistance settings, lights and navigation amongst many more."

#9 ·
For anyone looking to do this - according to Skoda, it cannot be done.

There are numerous components, and you get a third key!

Well worth the 40 quid imho - but alas - I didn't bother either.

#11 ·
As usual Skoda and other brands dealers have little or no information on what you can activate in the car and give false information. I have activated the personalization without a 3rd key and using only obdeleven pro and it works perfectly.
Instructions on how to do it can be found at obdeleven forum.

#12 ·
Hellblazer said:
As usual Skoda and other brands dealers have little or no information on what you can activate in the car and give false information. I have activated the personalization without a 3rd key and using only obdeleven pro and it works perfectly.
Instructions on how to do it can be found at obdeleven forum.
That's better news :)

Just to double check, we're talking about the functionality that allows you to create 'users' and then customise multiple various settings for each separate user. As I understand it you can then tie those users to a key, but they don't have to be. They can be activated via the DIS menu irrespective of which key is used?

Can you provide a link to those instructions?

#14 ·
Hellblazer said:
Yes, that's it, but you can't create users. The system has 3 users that can be named/renamed and associated to a key and a guest/passenger user too.
I can provide instructions on how to activate it with obdeleven.
Ah ok. I knew users were involved but not familiar with the intricacies. If you could possibly provide instructions that would be awesome. I am reasonably tech savvy but I've never got into car modding...

#17 ·
Hellblazer said:
Yes, that's it, but you can't create users. The system has 3 users that can be named/renamed and associated to a key and a guest/passenger user too.
Fierce, is that using a standard OBD kit? I have one somewhere I think.

#18 ·
Lazy_T said:
Hellblazer said:
Fierce, is that using a standard OBD kit? I have one somewhere I think.
Sorry, but no. Obdeleven is a device and software pack, like VCDS, but cheaper and with less capabilities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.