Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Hi from West Midlands

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Richjt 
#1 ·
Hi, registered on this forum yesterday. I drive a 2018 Focus RS and our family everyday car is a 2013 Audi Q7, it's the Q7 that we are looking to change for a Kodiaq, we've had the Q7 for 4 years now so time for a change.
My wife likes the VRS but I am reluctant to give the government £450 a year for road tax, so it may be a sportline 190, whatever model we choose we are looking for panoramic roof, park assist, virtual pedal & cockpit, heated screen and finished in meteor grey.
Anyone recommend any other extras which are worth having
Cheers Rich

#2 ·
I'd leave the park assist and virtual pedal, both a waste of money in my opinion.

If you've got kids the child pack is useful. Rear built in blinds and electronic child locks are useful, especially if use the back for kids and adults.

If you regularly swop drivers the drive mode select option is good. Sets all the settings by the car including radio, heater, ambient lighting and drive mode, amongst others.

There isn't anything else I miss. Blind spot I don't need as I can drive properly, adaptive cruise I don't need because I like to drive when I drive, not let the car do it for me. I don't like the reduction in economy when using cruise of either variety.

Panoramic roof I get even if I don't like the additional weight.

I really dislike meteor grey, looks like primer. Of course, that's personal choice 😁

#3 ·
We had the use of a Q7 for a month courtesy of Skoda before we had our Kodiaq delivered (Skoda lost it at Emden for a month but that's another story) and although the Q7 was a cracking car and in terms of quality, build and prestige better than the Kodiaq I actually prefer the Kodiaq. No idea why but I don't think you will be disappointed if you get one.

If it helps I'm considering going for the Sportline when my Edition comes up for renewal so in terms of the things that I have on the Edition but will lose if I moved to the Sportline (assuming I have read and understood the specs) the only thing I like is the high beam assist on the lights as it makes me lazy.

The lane assist is ok but I tend to be able to stay between the lines anyway and the blind spot detection hasn't really helped me much. To add those onto the Sportline it's another £1,250 and it's not worth considering.

Virtual cockpit interests me but it's another £450 and makes me wonder how much it will change my life, if it all.

I was interested in the vRS but I think they have got their pricing/spec wrong for it to make sense, that said it won't take you long to get up to the vRS price point on a Sportline if you start adding too many extras. Will be interesting to see what you decide to do.

#6 ·
Nice choice! Interested to know how long you were quoted for delivery? I was looking at ordering a 150 and keep the options under £40k but failed miserably by buying a 190 with so many extras it's not far short of £45k list price! However I got a decent saving as it was in the showroom unregistered so the dealer was keen to do a deal and I got around 17% discount with lots of things included like GAP, paint protection, accidental cosmetic damage insurance and the service package. The dealer I spoke to was talking 6 months plus for an ordered 150 version and with a lower discount on offer, it became a no-brainer for me. Overall I'm happy with where I've ended up even if the road tax is going to sting a little from next year.

From your original post, the options you listed on a 190 would have taken you to nearly £41k, so you'd have been back shelling out £450/year to the tax man anyway...

From what you've ordered, the only thing I'd add would be the rear camera as it's a big car and parking with the camera makes life so much easier!

Loving my car thus far!

#7 ·
scratch113 said:
Nice choice! Interested to know how long you were quoted for delivery? I was looking at ordering a 150 and keep the options under £40k but failed miserably by buying a 190 with so many extras it's not far short of £45k list price! However I got a decent saving as it was in the showroom unregistered so the dealer was keen to do a deal and I got around 17% discount with lots of things included like GAP, paint protection, accidental cosmetic damage insurance and the service package. The dealer I spoke to was talking 6 months plus for an ordered 150 version and with a lower discount on offer, it became a no-brainer for me. Overall I'm happy with where I've ended up even if the road tax is going to sting a little from next year.

From your original post, the options you listed on a 190 would have taken you to nearly £41k, so you'd have been back shelling out £450/year to the tax man anyway...

From what you've ordered, the only thing I'd add would be the rear camera as it's a big car and parking with the camera makes life so much easier!

Loving my car thus far!
i have been told 12 to 14 weeks
yes indeed my first post would have took us over 40k and into the £450 tax bracket, which i didnt realise at the time. i didnt think the options were took into account just the original list price

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.