Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Clean black Sportline

39K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  Zach 
#1 ·
Really loving this car, although had to disable the virtual pedal as it was too sensitive when emptying the boot - cue door and head collision! 2.0TSI is great, quiet and punchy enough. There's loads of space and it feels really well bolted together.

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
I think refurb is around 50% of a complete new set here in dk... But i will just wait and see if I can accept the triglav for sommer set... Otherwise they will become winter tyres.

#28 ·
Andrew_Bu said:
Thanks to Craig, I have placed an order today with the following spec:

2l petrol
Black magic
Tri-zone climate
Heated windscreen and washer jets
Canton sound system
Children pack
Front & rear parking sensors
Traffic sign recognition
Electrically adjustable seats with lumbar support
Heated front & rear seats
Panoramic sunroof
Rear view camera

It should be a MY19 build with the slightly higher bhp (190 rather than 180) and I have requested the virtual cockpit option, which dealer speculates will be £350. They will also fit the running boards when it arrives.

Craig's looked so good that I ended up copying it!

Delivery anticipated end of October.
Sounds great. Has the dealer given you an actual price as MY19 with new engine likely to see a hike in price ? My dealer couldn't give me a definite price for a factory order about a month ago.

#29 ·
Professor1999 said:
Andrew_Bu said:
Thanks to Craig, I have placed an order today with the following spec:

2l petrol
Black magic
Tri-zone climate
Heated windscreen and washer jets
Canton sound system
Children pack
Front & rear parking sensors
Traffic sign recognition
Electrically adjustable seats with lumbar support
Heated front & rear seats
Panoramic sunroof
Rear view camera

It should be a MY19 build with the slightly higher bhp (190 rather than 180) and I have requested the virtual cockpit option, which dealer speculates will be £350. They will also fit the running boards when it arrives.

Craig's looked so good that I ended up copying it!

Delivery anticipated end of October.
Sounds great. Has the dealer given you an actual price as MY19 with new engine likely to see a hike in price ? My dealer couldn't give me a definite price for a factory order about a month ago.
Hi Professor, I was given a 14% discount based on current RRP. He anticipates that the virtual cockpit will cost £310 (I assume based on Karoq prices?). He didn't suggest that the price will change, so I'm hoping he sticks to what is on the order form I signed!

#30 ·
Logic would suggest they honour that order form but I guess it comes down to Skoda policy. I would be disgusted if they asked you to pay more. Let us know how things pan out and good luck !

#31 ·
I have to say Craig that this looks fantastic and I think your pics have persuaded me to get the running boards fitted to mine by the dealer. Very pleased with my decision now

#32 ·
Very nice, that looks very good indeed with the sport line finish. Nice running boards too.

#33 ·
Can anyone tell me how much the running boards eat into ground clearance?

#34 ·
eLTe said:
ingram69 said:
eLTe said:
As for the scout, it's a design line with little interest. If people want a proper off roader they'll go buy one. A soft roader made to look like an off roader doesn't make much sense, to me at least. It also doesn't look as dramatic as the sportline so isn't as popular.
Ouch!
Just being honest! I've seen a few in show rooms and just don't get the attraction to it. The silver trim on the front looks terrible and all the off road bits aren't worth the money. This is all my own personal opinion of course! :)
I would agree the styling of the Scout externally looks pretty bad with the plastics grey/silver inserts front and rear but for me the interior with the wood effect inserts is by and far the worst part of the design, looks cheap and tacky to me and very dated. I think it reminds me of 1980s Rovers.

#36 ·
Hi - haven't been on here for a while, but after 10 months of ownership I love the car. Done 8k miles now and the engine has loosened up, I don't miss my X5 3.0D at all, the Kodiaq is bigger inside, is easier to live with with two kids and now a dog. The alcantara even cleans up well after my two year old has crushed everything into it too! And people still come up and 'thats nice - what is it'. I love the Sat Nav, the Automatic Cruise Control is great for long journeys and the heated windscreen and steering wheel great at this time of year. The kids love the sleep pack with the blinds and the pull down headrests too. Also my friends say I'm a brand snob I said I would keep it for 6 months but they were wrong - the car is great and the wife loves it too - drives it more than the Up GTI we've just bought for her! Black is a nightmare to keep clean but I still think it's the best colour - that and Quartz Grey.

As for the other Qs - I didn't have it ceramic coated, it was treated with something but not ceramic - I just keep my cars v clean.

It is however currently at the Dr's after having a small altercation with a wall the other week, £2k worth of damage. My wife said the wall just jumped out at her - surround cameras next time I think! Hopefully get it back tomorrow as I need it for the weekend for a trip to B&Q! Otherwise I'll look like an idiot with fence posts sticking out of the roof of my Boxster!

Also agree with other comments on here - the vRS is an expensive disappointment. It should have been a 275/300BHP+ Petrol like the Cupra Ateca then it would be interesting - stick with the Sportline.

Attachments

#38 ·
Ouch!
Hope they make a great job at the body shop and get it looking as good as new again.

#39 ·
Thanks for the answer to my question. I do think the running boards improve the lines of the vehicle but ground clearance was my only concern.
Hope yours is looking good as new as soon as possible

#40 ·
And that, dear friends, is exactly why my wife will never drive my Kodiaq!

Hope she gets well soon (your Kodiaq I mean)

#41 ·
Bought another one ... despite my comments about a vRS, got an amazing deal - 25% off a pre-registered car. Had a brief time with an XC90 between but it was a bit big.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.