Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

First service today

9K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Lerwick40 
#1 ·
Just had my Kodiaq in for it first service today, yet again it has to go back in due to them not being able to update the software, VW servers have been down today, why should we now have to take the time out twice to sort this out, once to take the vehicle in a then to collect it.
While it was as in for its service the following issues were reported.
Passenger door guard had fallen off again in the past month, this time when it did, we had not noticed and therefor it was lost. The garage stated it was not a warrant fault but had come off due to miss use, £180 + Vat + fitting to replace it. You have to be joking.
Driver side door guard not sitting tight to door, this has already been replaced once, this time told it is within tolerance, only time will tell when this one falls off and gets lost.
We also had an extra passenger in the bottom off the offside boot light, a spider, spread eagled on the lens cover, was told this was not a warranty issue and would have to pay for a replacement lens if we did not want it there. Surely on a £35,000 vehicle we should not have to look at a spider, mind you small, every time we go neat the boot on a vehicle that is only months old and still under warranty. Never had this happen in over 35 years of driving surely it is a fault, otherwise you would see it a lot more.
Anybody's thoughts please.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't stand for this cr@p re the door guards.
Skoda are fully aware that this is a common problem Mine was done FOC as have others been. DO NOT PAY. Argue with the dealer, tell them you will take it up with Skoda UK. 0333 003 7504 Ring them and ask to speak to a customer service MANAGER. Feel free to use my name as having had it done under warranty. Lay it on thick.. Not fit for purpose, £30K car etc etc!!
Good luck.
Let us know how you get on. If we keep quiet about this outrageous bit of rubbish they will deny all knowledge.

#3 ·
I also got the 'miss use' line from the dealer regarding the protector, I went to Skoda Exec office as suggested by Colin and they replaced it free of charge as a good will gesture and not a warranty claim, they made this very clear, I assume this is due to them not taking liabilty.

Mine was serviced recently and since they have touched it I have had a list of faults which I believe are either battery related or a software update, so be wary. Mines back in on Monday for overnight charge and diagnostics, the dealer threatened me if they don't think it's a warranty claim I will be hit with a £90 bill for the diagnostics, that led to an interesting discussion regarding a warranty claim or a claim for damages against the dealer as it was good when it went in.

I can but imagine this won't be an easy process.

#5 ·
I really do wish that Skoda would 'man up', admit these door protectors, whilst a good idea are simply not fit for purpose.
They have been telling be for months that they are working on a new system for them. I just wonder if they are redesigning the whole car round new door protectors. How long does it FGS??
Strange that all that long time ago they decided the Karoq should not have them!! Perhaps Karoq doors never get hit against a wall??

#6 ·
I have just heard back from Skoda.
The good news is that they are going to replace the rear light cluster with the spider in.
The bad news is they will not replace the door protector that half of it has fallen off, they state 'this was caused by outside influences and therefore not cover by warranty'.
They state that is the garage that make the finial decision, NOT SKODA, I disagreed with them but so far, they will not budge.
As the vehicle is under a lease agreement with VW finance and it is there vehicle, I will try that direction.
As for me having to make 2 more visits one to drop off and another to collect the vehicle due to them not being able to carry out the software update when it was in for its service, they brush this under the carpet.
NOT Impressed.

#8 ·
Mine went in for a first service today too. The rear lights on the rear door are full of flies, the garage, Thompson and Potter, Perth said that it was not their job to remove them without payment and so I phoned Skoda customer services. They said that flies in the lights are "a characteristic of the car" and they would not sanction any work to remove then either! How did you manage to get them to replace the lights due to a spider?

The garage also failed to achieve the software update but they did lend me a car to get home in. I haven't from them since and so I've no idea when it might be fit for collection!

Very poor service.

#9 ·
Think I will wait a bit until this software issue is resolved , where abouts are the flies actually in the rear light cluster like the spider was ?

#10 ·
Jonnoa said:
I have just heard back from Skoda.
The good news is that they are going to replace the rear light cluster with the spider in.
The bad news is they will not replace the door protector that half of it has fallen off, they state 'this was caused by outside influences and therefore not cover by warranty'.
They state that is the garage that make the finial decision, NOT SKODA, I disagreed with them but so far, they will not budge.
As the vehicle is under a lease agreement with VW finance and it is there vehicle, I will try that direction.
As for me having to make 2 more visits one to drop off and another to collect the vehicle due to them not being able to carry out the software update when it was in for its service, they brush this under the carpet.
NOT Impressed.
I would ring customer services again (speak to a customer services MANAGER) remind them that loads of forum members have had these door guards either simply fall off or not retract properly, get trapped on shutting the door and simply ping off.
You can quote my name if you wish a as having them replaced F.O.C.
You might care to tell them to PROVE it was caused by 'outside influences', since so many people have had problems as above.
I am not in the habit of giving names of Skoda personnel out on a public forum but this attitude of theirs is really starting to get up my nose so I will p.m. you a couple of names including one in Europe.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU RECEIVE ( or not) THE P.M. AS I HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE SYSTEM. THANKS.

#11 ·
Thanks
I am still awaiting VW finance to come back to me hopefully this will help.
The vehicle is back in today to have the software update and the off side tail gate lens replaced with the spider in.

#12 ·
Thanks Colin for the details. I have just had a letter from VW Skoda finance so will keep the details in reserve.
AS for my experience with the dealer yesterday.
It went back in yesterday as they could not not update the software when it when in for it's service and they wanted it back in.
On collection I was told that nothing has been upgraded as there were no updates for the vehicle, as to say I was unhappy is an understatement, another complaint to go on the list and what a waste of time, fuel etc for me.

#13 ·
I have just had Skoda ring me back to say they will not replace the missing door trim and that it was the dealer that makes the final decision and they have refused.
The dealer stated they had already replaced one as a good will gesture when the car was a couple of months old and that they would not be replacing it again. I did point out that the 1st one was the driver's door not the passage door and that it was replaced due to it not fit around the edge of the door properly, not a falling off problem.
They kept going on about a good will gesture which I pointed out that nothing is a good will gesture and that I was claiming under the warranty.
Colin, I did mention the lady you gave me the name of but so far this has not help and was told by the Lady I spoke with was a colleague of here's but were not allowed to discuss individual cases between them and that decisions were made on a per customer basis, I did point out that this is a common problem and that I felt it was a design fault, not a user fault.
I think this is very poor service by Skoda and that are blaming the dealer, surly it is Skoda UK to make the final decision.
I have pointed out I would not let this go as it the principal, not the money. If you buy a new car with a warranty is it not covered for the full warranty time excluding general wear and tear.
I have been promised another call back on Monday.

#15 ·
Give them both one month to put it right or you will take legal advise and go to BBC Watchdog, the press and the motoring press.
It is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE. I am sure all those here who have also had problems with the guards, will back you.

#16 ·
I had a great experience today. I took my car in for its first service today, the day to include fixing the protector which had jammed open and then flew off when I shut the door. They tried to charge me £255 for new parts, stating Skoda only offers 6 months warranty on the protectors!! Am I being unreasonable in thinking this is bonkers?!?

#17 ·
RJC said:
I had a great experience today. I took my car in for its first service today, the day to include fixing the protector which had jammed open and then flew off when I shut the door. They tried to charge me £255 for new parts, stating Skoda only offers 6 months warranty on the protectors!! Am I being unreasonable in thinking this is bonkers?!?
It's bonkers, unless they can show you in the warranty and T&C's that they are only covered for six months then they are not and the standard timescales are enforceable. I had one replaced on mine and they quoted the same figure. I argued with Skoda U.K. stating it was a design flaw and not fit for purpose and the replaced as a good will gesture, not a warranty claim as it would suggest they are taking liability.

How they did it was to give me a gift voucher for £190 and that was used to pay the dealer... that's right the cost for Skoda to pay the dealer to repair is significantly cheaper that the consumer. Still expensive and shouldn't be charged.

#18 ·
I agree with FA.
Skoda simply will NOT admit (apart from dropping them on the Karoq) that they are cr@p and not fit for purpose.
I spoke to a Customer service manager and she authorised Meadens to replace the one that pinged off, FOC and then replace all 4 when the new kit comes out, which it still hasn't as far as I know. Now I have sold it.
Keep on at SUK. Speak to a Customer services manager not the customer services first line 'phone answerer. Remind them politely that the car has a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty and demand that they show you where it sates that door guards are NOT covered.

#19 ·
I am still not getting anywhere with Skoda or the dealer, now the drivers side has come off, luckily I spotted this one on the floor so not lost, have not bothered to put back on, now both front doors do not have any protection.

#20 ·
I have the same issues with my 2017 Kodiaq, both rear door protectors have fallen off and the N/S rear lens has spiders in it!! My children really struggled to close the doors with them on!

With the trouble I had getting Skoda to replace my faulty battery, I cant see them replacing these under warranty!

https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/download/file.php?mode=view&id=1871

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.