Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Quartz grey wax recommendations?

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  C2atb 
#1 ·
Hello,

As part of keeping the car color and protect it from sun/rain/trees fruits etc. I'm considering using wax every 3 months.

Does any of you guys can recommend Wax product for quratz grey color?

Kind Regards,
Jan

#2 ·
Firstly you don't need a specific wax or polish for Quartz grey. Any well known make will do the job
However, why polish every 3 months, especially with a metallic finish, there's no need, unless you really like polishing ;)
On my previous car, which was a dark grey/ blue metallic, I used this http://www.nufinish.com/products/car-polish.
It's once a year polish, but to give better protection, it needs applying twice within a month.
I used this for the 3 years I had the car with no problems at all, and it's easy to apply.
I'm guessing you're not in the UK, but suppliers on E-Bay will post abroad, but it will obviously cost extra.
If this does not interest you buy some Autoglym, that's pretty good stuff and you won't need to apply every 3 months.

#3 ·
I'm a big fan of Dodo Juice and Purple Haze is a really nice one that works extremely well on darker coloured vehicles. Really helps to give it a good pop. Whilst I partially agree with the old man that 3 months is unlikely to be necessary, I doubt a year will work either. Just use your eyes to see how well it is working and do a top up. The key is all in its preparation, have it properly clean and it will make it pop.

https://www.juicydetailing.co.uk/dodo-juice-purple-haze-250ml.html

#5 ·
old man said:
I doubt a year will work either.
I really don't understand your need to be so disparaging. I have done it and proven that it works and I don't tell lies.

That's 3 times you've tried to shoot me down and it's becoming rather wearing !! Go and pick on someone of your own age,
It's a discussion forum, some points people agree on and others they don't. You won't enjoy yourself if you only want to be surrounded by people who agree with you. Heck, you likely to learn more from those who don't agree with you.

A year is a long time and four times longer then what the OP mentioned. Many factors are involved, one of which is the kind of mileage that someone may do and thus the exposure the vehicle gets to the environment regarding contaminants. So someone who who only drives it 5k miles per year has the same exposure in a year versus someone who drives 20K miles in a year has in three months.

Then there is the environment are you in a city, or by the sea with salt, or in the country side and get the sap from the trees. More factors involved.

Then there is how the vehicle is stored at rest. It is out on the drive, covered in a garage or car port, out by a busy road. It all impacts it.

Perhaps you begin to start thinking about it a bit now old man, my response wasn't about you. Or trying to shoot you down. It's a considered response taking into account someo the obvious factors that impact this.

Perhaps think a little more before slinging around some baseless accusations.

#6 ·
Thank you for your answers. :)

Because it's a brand new car, I don't need it to be polished.
I'm Looking for product that will keep the color(seal) and give it a shine smooth look.
The market is full with products and I just want a recommendation on one that will give the best results for the grey quartz color.

#7 ·
Jano said:
Thank you for your answers. :)

Because it's a brand new car, I don't need it to be polished.
I'm Looking for product that will keep the color(seal) and give it a shine smooth look.
The market is full with products and I just want a recommendation on one that will give the best results for the grey quartz color.
You'd be surprised how much of a Polish it will still require. And definitely clean it first with an iron décontaminant. It never ceases to surprise me how much crap come off it. Reason I'm mentioning this as it sounds like you want to seal the car. A wax isn't a sealant though. Personally I'm not that keen on sealants but primarily due to others not preparing it properly and thus you can get dirt trapped underneath it. It's a lot easier to reapply and patch up wax opposed to removing sealant.

#8 ·
If it's new I'd go with a paint correction and ceramic coating it makes maintenance so much easier and if it is anything like mine the paint will have plenty of imperfections in it . My dealer seemed to quick wash and out and under proper lights it looked a right mess . I used to love poor boys black hole on my last black Audi then purple haze on top after a good clay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.