Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Hello and Question

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm considering buying a Kodiaq, but there is one option that I just can't find any information on. I've searched high and low in this forum and others. Can someone tell me what the "Remote folding of rear seats" option actually does?

Thanks!!

Chris.

#2 ·
It's a button in the boot that releases the rear seats when pressed to allow you fold them down. Without the option, there's a strap you pull on the seat itself to release and fold it. A useful option if you're regularly folding the seats I guess, but it's not exactly a hard operation to do without it.

#3 ·
Great, thank you. Not something I'm likely to use a lot.

Cheers,
Chris.

#4 ·
Keep in mind that loop on the rear row (when folded down of course) is quite a reach.
Even I at 6ft3 have to put one knee into the boot to reach.

To point out the bleeding obvious; it's not a simple matter of pulling pack. You have to pull up and back at the same time.
Try that with both feet on the floor when the loop is 4 ft away from you.

That said, I am not sure if the button to electrically fold/erect is any more convenient located.
But if it is, it could be very useful for the vertically challenged and the less abled.

#5 ·
Or alternatively, open the rear passenger door, pull the loop, push the seat back down until it locks in place. Easy enough that my kids can do it without needing to get inside the car.

So far as I can see, the button just saves you having to walk around from the boot and open the rear door.

G
#6 ·
iwarv said:
Keep in mind that loop on the rear row (when folded down of course) is quite a reach.
Even I at 6ft3 have to put one knee into the boot to reach.

To point out the bleeding obvious; it's not a simple matter of pulling pack. You have to pull up and back at the same time.
Try that with both feet on the floor when the loop is 4 ft away from you.

That said, I am not sure if the button to electrically fold/erect is any more convenient located.
But if it is, it could be very useful for the vertically challenged and the less abled.
The remote folding rear seat option is for folding the second row seats nothing to do with the 3rd row in the 7 seater.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.