Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Model Year 19 Changes

50K views 99 replies 29 participants last post by  ChrisL 
#1 ·
Been following the forum for a while and just joined. The information here has been very helpful! Thank you! Ordered my Kodiaq on Jan 3 and will pick up Tuesday June 5. I'm located in Prague and found the following info about model year 19 changes on a Czech site and thought it might be of interest to people here. It's all in Czech but you can glean a lot from the illustrations. If anybody has a question about a specific slide I can translate for you. Not many huge changes (everybody knows about the motors and digital panel), but here's a couple of changes I haven't seen mentioned before:

- Variable geared power steering (standard on L&k, Scout, & Sportline)
- Acoustic glass for sound damping
- Larger selection of wheels
- Stitched dashboard
- Removing some sound damping material in the engine compartment
- Suede for seats (looks like they don't have enough Alcantra)
Ambient lighting connected to the Drive Mode Select

Overall it appears there's not a lot of huge changes. If I had know about the stitched dashboard I might have waited an extra 6 months to order a MY19 ;-)

Product Font Rectangle Output device Electronic device
Product Font Rectangle Output device Electronic device

Attachments

See less See more
#30 ·
It should be. Petrol cars heat up fast, so even on short rides it should clean itself passively. Mercedes s class have used it in a couple of years.

At least our petrol cars (Edit: with filter) will still be able to enter city centrals in 2019.. Unlike yours.

Only kidding... The ban is from 2020.

Still kidding (and cross my fingers i wont have any trouble with my particle filter)

#32 ·
iwarv said:
SkodiaqDK said:
Unlike yours.
Mat's signature claims he's driving a petrol.
I suspect Mat may have been talking about previous experience with diesels?
Maybe my sentence was not correct. English is not my native language. I was just joking that some of the petrol cars without particle filters maybe will get a ban like some of the diesels.

(kodiaq 1.4 is without particle filter)

#34 ·
I've not seen any proposals for any country to ban EU6 petrols in cities yet, whether they have a particulate filter or not.

I don't think, but might be wrong, that any city has yet proposed banning or charging an EU6 diesel either yet? Just EU5 diesels and older.

#35 ·
It was maybe the worst joke of the year. Dont take it so seriously.

That said, im sure that there will be other bans sometime in the future? In 5-10-15 years...Who knows.

Don't worry ;)

#36 ·
iwarv said:
I must be missing a trick.
You are - it's something we have in common with Tesla, it's very pretty having google earth full screen as you drive and is great for the kids, it's like having a hot air balloon ride seeing everything around you as you drive. I will miss it if it disappears.

#37 ·
Alan Chapple said:
idiotgap said:
I just had chat with my supplying dealer. He's passed on a few details of the changes for MY19 (apparently still subject to change), I have a pdf which I will attach since it doesn't seem to be particularly secret information and there was no advice not to share.
This part jumped out at in light of discussion on other thread about aftermarket towbars, 7 seaters etc.

"Weight Restrictions

From MY19, 7 seat variants of KODIAQ fitted with either tow bar preparation or a tow bar, as well as a Panoramic sunroof will have restrictions where particular items are added due to weight restrictions.
This may also affect the towing capacity of the vehicle. Further information can be provided on an individual case basis."
Has anyone got any clarification regarding this? What will the towing restriction be, and is it just for the 7 seat cars with the sunroof?

I emailed my dealer to today and he forwarded it to Skoda Sweden, so hoping to hear back from him soon! I need my 2000kg towing capacity!!

#38 ·
There is a lengthy topic on here somewhere about towbars, towing capacity etc. From memory there are only 1/maybe 2 seven seater Kodiaq models which currently aren't officially 'homolgated' for towing but as I've posted previously having had a 7 seater VW Touran before I know the 3rd row/seats 6 & 7 can cause issues with towing capacity as no one really knows who will be sitting in 3rd row and consequently what the weight at rear of towing vehicle will be and how that will affect the entire 'train' whilst towing.

Personally that was the reason I deliberately choose a 5 seater Kodiaq for towing and I'm not surprised that the towing capacity of other 7 seater models may now be affected too.

#39 ·
Well they already are, at least in sweden where the 5 seater 190 TDI have a 2500kg towing capacity and the 7 seater 190 TDI has 2000kg since launch. So therefore I got a bit troubled when reading the MY2019 list saying that It would be affected more. BUT then again it looks like it is affected when it's combined with the Pan Roof which I didn't chosed. I will put it out here when my dealer gets me an answer.

#40 ·
I've just joined the forum! I have literally just placed an order for a Sportline Kodiaq.

Can someone explain when the changes impact orders, will my car be built with these changes on, it wasn't mentioned to me when ordering!

Thanks
K

#41 ·
Welcome!
You made the right choice in car.
You made the right choice in joining us for some chat.

Before we can help you though, it would help us a great deal if you could put in your signature - or otherwise in a reply - what exactly it is that you ordered.

Also, putting your rough location on your profile will help us.
Although this is a co.uk domain, we have members from all corners of this planet on here.

#42 ·
iwarv said:
Welcome!
You made the right choice in car.
You made the right choice in joining us for some chat.

Before we can help you though, it would help us a great deal if you could put in your signature - or otherwise in a reply - what exactly it is that you ordered.

Also, putting your rough location on your profile will help us.
Although this is a co.uk domain, we have members from all corners of this planet on here.
Done! See below!

Hopefully someone can answer my question :)

#43 ·
Please correct me where I am wrong, chaps.

It stands to reason yours will be manfactured in Kvasiny and that yours will be MY19. See @idiotgap's post detailing the changes in English (PDF).

Skoda normally shut down the whole plant for a few weeks around this time of year. They take that opportunity to put in place manufacturing changes while their production line staff are sunning themselves on a beach somewhere.
This year sees a major revamp of the whole site. I think this has lead to silly lead times on Kodiaqs ordered up until now.

#45 ·
Falkster1 said:
I was told by Skoda UK today via live chat that MY19 begins on 30th July and prices and specs should be available before then (i.e next week).
If true, then it might be worth for @Kingly to check with their dealer and possibly postpone putting the order in for a week or so.

The Sportline trim will gain stylish dashboard and door armrest stitching as standard.
I believe all MY19 trims will gain the new virtual cockpit (digital instrument display) and the Sportline will have an added "Carbon" view.
Lots of eye candy, in other words.

Other improvements can be read in the PDF that @idiotgap linked to in a previous post.

Worth a call to the dealers and seeking clarification / delaying order a wee bit.

#47 ·
I believe all MY19 trims will gain the new virtual cockpit (digital instrument display) and the Sportline will have an added "Carbon" view.
I asked local dealer about this the other day they reckon its an option NOT a standard fit.
Reading the pdf posted it also states avaible as an option only.

Am I correct in what I've been told & read?

#48 ·
wheelwright said:
I asked local dealer about this the other day they reckon its an option NOT a standard fit.
Reading the pdf posted it also states avaible as an option only.

Am I correct in what I've been told & read?
Yeah, I think you're correct.
Does anyone know if the virtual cockpit is an option on the Karoq also?
There's probably trims where it is standard and it's only an option on lower ones.

#49 ·
I checked with the dealer today and they said my car would be a MY19. It hasn't been assigned a build week yet (probably as the factory is closed - anyone know how long for?) so think I'm in for a bit of a wait!

#50 ·
Kingly said:
I checked with the dealer today and they said my car would be a MY19. It hasn't been assigned a build week yet (probably as the factory is closed - anyone know how long for?) so think I'm in for a bit of a wait!
Apparently until the last week of Aug - wk 35. Not good news for my hopes of a September delivery!

#51 ·
It's interesting that you have been told the factory opens in wk35. Yesterday on Skoda "Live Chat" I was told by the Skoda representative Gemma that the factory opens in wk31 and will start production of the MY19 vehicles at the beginning of August.

I wonder which of us has been misinformed. Of course, based on Skoda's track record for providing misinformation, we could both be wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.