Connect (or not!)

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Hugh Fanism
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:48 pm
Location: Maidenhead

Re: Connect (or not!)

Post by Hugh Fanism » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:14 am

Thought process wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:30 am
Really disappointed with the connected function and the smartphone app. My car before this was a 2014 Volvo XC60 with their connected system, the online and web functions were not great, but the app allowed you to check the status of the car(open/locked etc). You could remotely lock and unlock your car from anywhere in the world with phone or WIFI connection. I know some people say why would you want this, well if you have kids or shop then its invaluable. You could also get a full breakdown of each and every journey you take, whenever you turned the ignition off it registered as an new journey.

Why useful? If you take it in for a service you can see how har driven and when, leave with an airport parking service and can see where its been. The app even showed on a map the journey the car had taken.....brilliant! Additionally for each journey you could assign a use (business/personal/leisure) and cost of fuel, at the end of the month you could see costs and if using for business use to full in your expenses, great function. This was a free service for the first 3 years and then £35 for one year and £55 for two years. Compare this to Skoda APP and you can only describe Skoda as rubbish and a ripoff. Come on Skoda, get your act together!
Skoda One App will give you the details and cost of fuel for individual journeys.
1.4 DSG SE L, council blue, acc.
"Johnny ain't so crazy, he's always got a line for the ladies"


User avatar
9k2/s53co
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:40 am
Location: Slovenia

Re: Connect (or not!)

Post by 9k2/s53co » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:42 am

"Skoda One App will give you the details and cost of fuel for individual journeys."

....when it works...I have very bad experience with OneApp, it keeps on loosing connection to my Kodiaq. Regardless, if cable or Wi-Fi connected.
Then pieces of jurney are missing :(
Unfortunatelly.
Skoda did not come up with any solution so far.

Regards, Tomi
Ordered May 3rd 2017; 2.0 TDI 150PS, Style DSG Lava Blue, 5 seats and number of add-ons.Delivery Feb 15th 2018 :)


Leedsboy
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 7:20 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Connect (or not!)

Post by Leedsboy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:42 am

Skoda connect seems pretty good to me. I haven't had any issues with the app and the ability to send addresses to the car via the app ready for the next days journey is very effective. Is it worth £65 pa? If it means that the service is properly supported and developed then yes. It was free for 3 years with my previous car (a Mercedes) but the app and vehicle usage was useless in comparison to the Skoda Connect.
Kodiaq 1.4 DSG Edition Quartz Grey. Front parking sensors and nice mats.


iwarv
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:20 am
Location: Shoreham-by-Sea, UK

Re: Connect (or not!)

Post by iwarv » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:30 pm

I just received my invitation to renew my Connect membership.
Problem is, there's only one link in the email, which is to the Connect portal

Does one renew from within that portal once logged in?
I had a look around and nothing leaps out at me.

skoda connect.png

SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam


Kenny R
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:56 pm
Location: East Lothian

Re: Connect (or not!)

Post by Kenny R » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:52 pm

Once in your Connect you can manage your account using the drop down menu, top right.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.


stevekhart
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:54 pm
Location: Maidenhead

Re: Connect (or not!)

Post by stevekhart » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:06 pm

Hugh Fanism wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:14 am
Thought process wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:30 am
Really disappointed with the connected function and the smartphone app. My car before this was a 2014 Volvo XC60 with their connected system, the online and web functions were not great, but the app allowed you to check the status of the car(open/locked etc). You could remotely lock and unlock your car from anywhere in the world with phone or WIFI connection. I know some people say why would you want this, well if you have kids or shop then its invaluable. You could also get a full breakdown of each and every journey you take, whenever you turned the ignition off it registered as an new journey.

Why useful? If you take it in for a service you can see how har driven and when, leave with an airport parking service and can see where its been. The app even showed on a map the journey the car had taken.....brilliant! Additionally for each journey you could assign a use (business/personal/leisure) and cost of fuel, at the end of the month you could see costs and if using for business use to full in your expenses, great function. This was a free service for the first 3 years and then £35 for one year and £55 for two years. Compare this to Skoda APP and you can only describe Skoda as rubbish and a ripoff. Come on Skoda, get your act together!
Skoda One App will give you the details and cost of fuel for individual journeys.
I agree with "Thought Process" - in the last week the app has recorded one half of a 54 mile journey and completely missed a 200 mile journey from the logbook. Trying to send an address to the car is a complete shambles because there are too many apps that overlap each other. You go to the "One App" to look at the logbook entries for past journies, but you can create only create a new destination if it's to a "nearby place" such as a gas station or a monument. In the "Skoda Connect" app there is a trip planner, but if you try adding a trip it sends you to the calender to create a new entry for which it will use the address. If you go to the "My Skoda" app it will try linking to an "event calendar". Finally if you go to the Skoda Connect Portal you can create destinations and routes and send them to your car. Maybe IOS is more coherent than android?
Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TDI 150 4x4 DSG 7 Str Petrol Blue, black leather, tow assist, heated rear seats, canton


Hugh Fanism
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:48 pm
Location: Maidenhead

Re: Connect (or not!)

Post by Hugh Fanism » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:18 pm

stevekhart wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:06 pm
Hugh Fanism wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:14 am
Thought process wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:30 am
Really disappointed with the connected function and the smartphone app. My car before this was a 2014 Volvo XC60 with their connected system, the online and web functions were not great, but the app allowed you to check the status of the car(open/locked etc). You could remotely lock and unlock your car from anywhere in the world with phone or WIFI connection. I know some people say why would you want this, well if you have kids or shop then its invaluable. You could also get a full breakdown of each and every journey you take, whenever you turned the ignition off it registered as an new journey.

Why useful? If you take it in for a service you can see how har driven and when, leave with an airport parking service and can see where its been. The app even showed on a map the journey the car had taken.....brilliant! Additionally for each journey you could assign a use (business/personal/leisure) and cost of fuel, at the end of the month you could see costs and if using for business use to full in your expenses, great function. This was a free service for the first 3 years and then £35 for one year and £55 for two years. Compare this to Skoda APP and you can only describe Skoda as rubbish and a ripoff. Come on Skoda, get your act together!
Skoda One App will give you the details and cost of fuel for individual journeys.
I agree with "Thought Process" - in the last week the app has recorded one half of a 54 mile journey and completely missed a 200 mile journey from the logbook. Trying to send an address to the car is a complete shambles because there are too many apps that overlap each other. You go to the "One App" to look at the logbook entries for past journies, but you can create only create a new destination if it's to a "nearby place" such as a gas station or a monument. In the "Skoda Connect" app there is a trip planner, but if you try adding a trip it sends you to the calender to create a new entry for which it will use the address. If you go to the "My Skoda" app it will try linking to an "event calendar". Finally if you go to the Skoda Connect Portal you can create destinations and routes and send them to your car. Maybe IOS is more coherent than android?
I'm using Android. Skoda Connect app will send the route without using the calendar, your just have to search for an address without going near anything else. It's quite seamless if you have a sim in the car.
I can't speak much for One App as I've only really toyed with it. Mirrorlink works with my works samdung but not my personal phone. It would be frustrating to use it and for half the data to be missing.

I think the biggest issue is that they have too many apps and it all just needs to be brought together and done properly.
1.4 DSG SE L, council blue, acc.
"Johnny ain't so crazy, he's always got a line for the ladies"


iwarv
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:20 am
Location: Shoreham-by-Sea, UK

Re: Connect (or not!)

Post by iwarv » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:51 am

Kenny R wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:52 pm
Once in your Connect you can manage your account using the drop down menu, top right.
Yeah, found it. Eventually. For posterity:

Click the "down" arrow in the top right corner. This drops down a submenu giving options:
  • Notifications
  • User Profile
  • Help
Select "User Profile".

This re-renders the main area of the browser with three buttons:
  • Personal Information
  • Settings
  • Garage
Select "Garage".

Surprisingly, this page has nothing to do with the dealership that you selected for servicing. Here you can order your extensions for Skoda Connect.

The "Infotainment Online" option costs £63 for 1 year.
The "Remote Access" option costs £54 for 1 year.

Both options can only be renewed for 1 year. There is no discount for longer periods.

Skoda Connect Renewal.png

SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam


stevekhart
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:54 pm
Location: Maidenhead

Re: Connect (or not!)

Post by stevekhart » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:04 pm

@Hugh I'm obviously doing something wrong. I go into Skoda Connect App and choose Trip planner. This opens a screen with the top showing a google map and a search bar underneath. Beneath that is a list of calendar appointments. I type into the search bar, for example "Lydiard Park, Swindon" and a green circle spins forever. Eventually it shows a complete list of all my contacts. If I go back to the screen before and hit the + in the top right corner it take me to my calendar view to add an appointment.
If I go to the web site on my computer I can do a google map search and send that to the car without a problem. I presume yours behaves differently?
Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TDI 150 4x4 DSG 7 Str Petrol Blue, black leather, tow assist, heated rear seats, canton


Swindiaq
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:00 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: Connect (or not!)

Post by Swindiaq » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Yeah that's not right Steve. It should spin for a couple of secs then display search results. Sounds like it's not connecting to Google from the app. Hopefully will correct itself as these Connect apps malfunction quite often.

Hope you didn't miss the Chilli n Cheese festival because of it ;-)
2017 SE L / 1.4 TSI 2wd DSG / 7seat / black everything / Canton / front sensors / rear cam / ACC / traffic recog / Williams ceramic protection


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical”