Connect (or not!)

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Colin Lambert

Connect (or not!)

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:24 am

For those early adopters who are finding that their 1st year free 'Connect' has expired.
To continue you have to pay £65.
RIP OFF!
Personally I never wanted it apart from the app on my 'phone which was quite useful.
There is no way on God's earth I am paying £65 for something I don't need and don't want.
3 call buttons
HOWEVER. Although I have managed all my life without them, they may come in useful if, one day do happen to need them.
The 3 emergency call buttons on the car will remain active for 14 years f.o,c. (I have just been told by SUK)
All other facilities of CONNECT will cease unless you cough up £65.

As far as I am concerned another black mark for Skoda for me. Such a shame.
At least I can stay with my superb dealer if I really get hacked off. He has just take on the Mitsubishi franchise!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ModeratorSE L. 1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, flappy paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Jersey Boy

Re: Connect (or not!)

Post by Jersey Boy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:42 am

Thanks Colin

I expect that the answer is yes but presumably they are asking for £65 per year?
Edition, 2.0 TDI, 150 HP DSG. Black with black leather, area view, paranoramic sunroof, retractable towbar, child pack (inc fold down tables), Canton sound system, media command and front seat isofix :D

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:51 am

Ah, the age old problem. What is more profitable?

1,000 people renewing Skoda Connect @ £65 p/a?
Or 10,000 people renewing @ £25 p/a?

I assume the pencil pushers did a market survey and think that £65 is the best strategical price for this service. I like to think they're wrong. More often than not, I am.

See also; pay per view events and online movie rentals.
It's corporate greed and capitalism at work.

I will have to evaluate. What do I stand to lose? Is it worth 65 of my hard earned pounds to keep that?

For the benefit of others, can someone summarise what Skoda Connect (the paid for part of it) gets you?
I may ask the dealer when it goes in for a service. I am sure they'll be pressing me for a renewal.
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:16 pm

Simple if you know where to look.
http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/skoda-connect/default/

In answer your question. Yes £65 to renew! Not for me though thank you!
Is that a paranoid roof you have? :lol: :lol:
Jersey Boy
Unread post by Jersey Boy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:42 am

Thanks Colin

I expect that the answer is yes but presumably they are asking for £65 per year?
Edition, 2.0 TDI, 150 HP DSG. Black with black leather, area view, paranoramic sunroof, retractable towbar, child pack (inc fold down tables), Canton sound system, media command and front seat isofix :D
ModeratorSE L. 1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, flappy paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

Jersey Boy

Post by Jersey Boy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Very good Colin! Yes, the roof box is putting it on edge I think!

Paymaster

Post by Paymaster » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:39 pm

Not so happy with Connect today; it says my car is unlocked, and I can see from my window it is not, it cannot give me the parking position as the car is moving, No it isn’t!
Should I be asking for a refund?
190 DSG Edition 4x4 with ACC and other stuff in Petrol Blue

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:44 pm

I had that problem quite often when I was connected. One reason why I am NOT going to waste £65.
It's about time Skoda sorted out their I.T. IMHO, It's unreliable to say the least. (that's the polite version)
[color=#00

Plodd

Post by Plodd » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:03 pm

I'm another for whom it no longer works as I won't pay the extortionate price for what is no more than a gimmick.
Kodiaq 2.0tdi DSG SE in Moon White. F/R sensors, Towbar and folding mirrors.

Hugh Fanism

Post by Hugh Fanism » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:12 pm

If its the subscription that let's me send destinations to it from my phone and re routes me when the traffics a bag of hibs then I'll be paying it when it comes around.
1.4 DSG SE L, council blue, acc.
"Johnny ain't so crazy, he's always got a line for the ladies"

Thought process

Post by Thought process » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:30 am

Really disappointed with the connected function and the smartphone app. My car before this was a 2014 Volvo XC60 with their connected system, the online and web functions were not great, but the app allowed you to check the status of the car(open/locked etc). You could remotely lock and unlock your car from anywhere in the world with phone or WIFI connection. I know some people say why would you want this, well if you have kids or shop then its invaluable. You could also get a full breakdown of each and every journey you take, whenever you turned the ignition off it registered as an new journey.

Why useful? If you take it in for a service you can see how har driven and when, leave with an airport parking service and can see where its been. The app even showed on a map the journey the car had taken.....brilliant! Additionally for each journey you could assign a use (business/personal/leisure) and cost of fuel, at the end of the month you could see costs and if using for business use to full in your expenses, great function. This was a free service for the first 3 years and then £35 for one year and £55 for two years. Compare this to Skoda APP and you can only describe Skoda as rubbish and a ripoff. Come on Skoda, get your act together!
Haslemere, UK. Yogi arrived 22/12/2017. Edition 2.0 TDI 190, business grey, rough rd, dynamic, pano roof, vented/heated seats, heated screen/washers, assistance pack, park/area camera, canton, tri zone, tow bar, child pack plus bits

Return to “Faults & Technical”