How did your dealer do?

The place to discuss everything else..
Alan Chapple

Re: How did your dealer do?

Post by Alan Chapple » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:17 am

colmar51 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:35 pm
Don't really know why you didn't go straight to Henrys in Kyle Street, Glasgow. I got a brilliant deal with them. And to be absolutely fair, I have bought several cars from Arnold Clark, Greenock - wouldn't let them anywhere near my cars for servicing though - known bandits.
Although my location says Nr. Glasgow I'm not that close and after months of going backwards and forwards to Taggarts, Maryhill with my last car, Linwood suits us a lot better. I would rather it wasn't Arnold Clark but they price/deal seems good and comes with a service plan and warranty anyway which will cover first 3 years. After that I will use my local independent garage owned by a friend for any servicing, repairs.
2.0 TDI 190bhp, Edition, 4x4, DSG, Quartz Grey

Kenny212

Post by Kenny212 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:04 pm

I when I was looking for 2.0tsi sportline, I went to Henry Skoda (Glasgow north) they did not have a 1.4tsi or 2.0 tsi at the time to test drive , so spoke to Drew’ at Ingram Ayr for about a week and told him the spec of car I was looking for ,and there were a few sitting in port in Germany, so arranged a tested drive in a 1.4 tsi and was surprised how well it pulled considering I was trading in my 2016 golf r estate to buy the car.So done a deal for a 2.0tsi sportline with Drew and he keep me updated all the way through to picking up the car in 3-4 weeks. So I am happy with the service I received from Ingram Ayr
Skoda Kodiaq SportLine 2.0TSi in velvet red

Alan Chapple

Post by Alan Chapple » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:26 pm

Kenny212 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:04 pm
I when I was looking for 2.0tsi sportline, I went to Henry Skoda (Glasgow north) they did not have a 1.4tsi or 2.0 tsi at the time to test drive , so spoke to Drew’ at Ingram Ayr for about a week and told him the spec of car I was looking for ,and there were a few sitting in port in Germany, so arranged a tested drive in a 1.4 tsi and was surprised how well it pulled considering I was trading in my 2016 golf r estate to buy the car.So done a deal for a 2.0tsi sportline with Drew and he keep me updated all the way through to picking up the car in 3-4 weeks. So I am happy with the service I received from Ingram Ayr
I did an initial search online at Skoda website for closest dealerships and ignoring Linwood and Henrys both Stirling and Hamilton are closer to me than Ayr.

I did speak to Drew at Ingrams a few times via email and on phone and felt I was continually chasing him rather than him getting back to me as promised but as they are furthest away they would have been my least preferred option anyway, just shows how everyone has a different opinion/impression/experience of even the same salesman.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:43 pm

Alan Chapple wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:26 pm
Kenny212 wrote:
I did an initial search online at Skoda website for closest dealerships and ignoring Linwood and Henrys both Stirling and Hamilton are closer to me than Ayr.

I did speak to Drew at Ingrams a few times via email and on phone and felt I was continually chasing him rather than him getting back to me as promised but as they are furthest away they would have been my least preferred option anyway, just shows how everyone has a different opinion/impression/experience of even the same salesman.
We went to Borders Cars at Dumfries as it was about the same distance than Ayr and Glasgow, what a mistake to make,

Sales person was as dynamic as a dead slug and as useful, in terms of following up delivery his standard line was ‘it will turn up when it turns up’.

The dealership ‘doesn’t believe in’ the free Skoda Ensurence scheme so actively doesn’t tell customers about it so when it could come in useful you cannot use it as you are not registered and they cannot retrospectively cover you. I spoke to Skoda Exec office and reported them as a bad dealership and got compensation but that misses the point. The dealership manager really couldn’t give a flying about after sales, he’s made the sale so who cares.

I would recommend that nobody uses Border Cars at Dumfries.... ever. Avoid at all costs.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

Alan Chapple

Post by Alan Chapple » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:26 am

What's the 'Skoda Ensurence Scheme'?

It doesn't ring any bells with me either.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:48 am

https://www.insurewithskoda.co.uk/Products/Ensurance/
Here is a link to the on line Ensurance booklet.
https://insurewithskoda.co.uk/library/p ... ok_NAV.pdf

Seek and ye shall find. It meant nothing to me either but Google has the answer! :roll:
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

KKB24

Post by KKB24 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:21 am

Kenny212 wrote:
When was your car delivered? I saw a red Sportline at Ayr when still in the wrapper when I went in to look at them.
Sportline, Moon White, 2.0 TDI 190 DSG, pan roof, spare wheel, front sensors

Kenny212

Post by Kenny212 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:40 pm

KKB24 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:21 am
Kenny212 wrote:
When was your car delivered? I saw a red Sportline at Ayr when still in the wrapper when I went in to look at them.
It was delivered about the last week in May , they were told not to wash the car , but they could remove the white wrapping from the car the day before I picked it up
Skoda Kodiaq SportLine 2.0TSi in velvet red

KKB24

Post by KKB24 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:05 pm

That would've been yours. We ordered last day of May. It was still in the wrapper with transportation blocks etc still in place. Nice car!
Sportline, Moon White, 2.0 TDI 190 DSG, pan roof, spare wheel, front sensors

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:00 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:48 am
https://www.insurewithskoda.co.uk/Products/Ensurance/
Here is a link to the on line Ensurance booklet.
https://insurewithskoda.co.uk/library/p ... ok_NAV.pdf

Seek and ye shall find. It meant nothing to me either but Google has the answer! :roll:
My dealer knew about it but actively didn’t tell their customers about a free service as they didn’t like it.

They also booked my car in for a camera calibration issue without having any of the equipment, I had to point this out to them. Absolutely useless.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”