How did your dealer do?

The place to discuss everything else..
Colin Lambert

Re: How did your dealer do?

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 am

You are between a rock and hard place!.
If I was in your position I would want to teach them a lesson and cancel the order, but then my other self would say I can't start all over and put up with the long wait all over again. However.....if there was a pre reg that suited my requirements with another dealer I would cancel it with Lookers.
Perhaps I am just spoilt with the unbelievably good service I get from Meadens!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Shocks

Post by Shocks » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:34 pm

Ou an update from Skoda!! yeah maybe some details about my car!!!
It would be great to keep you in the loop with news from ŠKODA, like product updates and events. To stay with us, simply click the button below to choose how you’d like us to keep in contact
Oh damn, they just want my permission to send me advertisements...

...the silent wait continues.....
que *quiet ocean scene*
Ordered 27.01.2018. :lol: SE L 1.4 TSI petrol 2WD DSG Black Magic with Sirius wheels (aka Sirius Black - Harry Potter :roll: ), LED Pack, ACC, Paint protection. :lol:

Gooner70

Post by Gooner70 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:51 pm

Dealer said I would have my Kodiaq this week as it arrived in Grimsby last Friday, phoned today to see if it arrived dealer said still in Grimsby & if he still not heard anything by Monday he will prioritise it to get in lorry!

He made excuse something about phonebox problems with Kodiaq? & job to get hold off 1.4 tsi!

Pjmartin

Post by Pjmartin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:57 am

Gooner70 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:51 pm
Dealer said I would have my Kodiaq this week as it arrived in Grimsby last Friday, phoned today to see if it arrived dealer said still in Grimsby & if he still not heard anything by Monday he will prioritise it to get in lorry!

He made excuse something about phonebox problems with Kodiaq? & job to get hold off 1.4 tsi!
Mine arrived at the same time and on checking a week later, I've been told it's still there too!
2.0Ltr Edition 190 DSG 7 Seats, Candy White
Optional extras:
Fully loaded. :)

Inkarr

Post by Inkarr » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:03 am

Pjmartin wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:57 am
Gooner70 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:51 pm

Mine arrived at the same time and on checking a week later, I've been told it's still there too!
And mine as well. SUK say it has had a transport requested raised for it but it is still sat waiting at Grimsby. SUK said it usually takes 7 to 10 working days before it leaves Grimsby onwards to the dealer.
Kodiaq Edition 5 seater 2.0 (190) DSG in Petrol Blue.
Electric towbar, Heated windscreen and washers, Assistance Pack, Area view with trailer assist, Travel Assist, Childrens pack, Virtual pedal, Heated steering wheel

Pjmartin

Post by Pjmartin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:07 am

Inkarr wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:03 am
And mine as well. SUK say it has had a transport requested raised for it but it is still sat waiting at Grimsby. SUK said it usually takes 7 to 10 working days before it leaves Grimsby onwards to the dealer.
That's the same as what I was told today.
It looks like we will all have new cars by next weekend then guys. :)
2.0Ltr Edition 190 DSG 7 Seats, Candy White
Optional extras:
Fully loaded. :)

Alan Chapple

Post by Alan Chapple » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:53 pm

I live near Glasgow and had heard horror stories about Arnold Clark in the past and always swore I would never give them a penny.

Anyway, I'd been having long term issues with my previous car and received a phone call from finance company on a Friday pre-warning me that as requested car was about to be rejected and I should probably spent that weekend looking for new vehicles. We went to Linwood near Paisley, which is one of these out of town places with loads of different dealerships on same site. After looking around, ended up deciding to go with Kodiaq from Arnold Clark, this was Saturday morning, we choose a pre-built model which was in a port somewhere in England. On Wednesday finally received confirmation that previous car had been rejected and that keys, documentation and courtesy car must be returned first thing Thursday morning to dealer. Did that then headed back to Linwood, car was there all ready to go, we signed the paperwork, went for lunch while they cleaned/polished it and it was ready to go at 2pm, so can't understand the delays everyone else seems to be encountering,
2.0 TDI 190bhp, Edition, 4x4, DSG, Quartz Grey

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Alan Chapple wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:53 pm
I live near Glasgow and had heard horror stories about Arnold Clark in the past and always swore I would never give them a penny.

Anyway, I'd been having long term issues with my previous car and received a phone call from finance company on a Friday pre-warning me that as requested car was about to be rejected and I should probably spent that weekend looking for new vehicles. We went to Linwood near Paisley, which is one of these out of town places with loads of different dealerships on same site. After looking around, ended up deciding to go with Kodiaq from Arnold Clark, this was Saturday morning, we choose a pre-built model which was in a port somewhere in England. On Wednesday finally received confirmation that previous car had been rejected and that keys, documentation and courtesy car must be returned first thing Thursday morning to dealer. Did that then headed back to Linwood, car was there all ready to go, we signed the paperwork, went for lunch while they cleaned/polished it and it was ready to go at 2pm, so can't understand the delays everyone else seems to be encountering,
So what changed your mind about buying from Arnold Shark? I wouldn’t believe anything their sales people say, yours was probably lying round the back and not at any port somewhere , hence it appearing in a few days. Hope you have checked it over thoroughly, their reputation really is terrible.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

Alan Chapple

Post by Alan Chapple » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:59 pm

As above I needed a new towcar ASAP but had no idea what I wanted. Linwood allowed me to go around half a dozen dealers in a morning before deciding to go for the Kodiaq. The only real choice then was to go with Arnold Clark Linwood or drive away into Glasgow and go with Henry Bros.

My last few cars have been with Taggarts Glasgow North and being honest you are paying a premium for service which is probably worse than 'non premium' dealerships elsewhere. The only other Skoda option was Ingrams, which has quite a distance away and they just seemed dodgy on the phone.
2.0 TDI 190bhp, Edition, 4x4, DSG, Quartz Grey

colmar51

Post by colmar51 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:35 pm

Don't really know why you didn't go straight to Henrys in Kyle Street, Glasgow. I got a brilliant deal with them. And to be absolutely fair, I have bought several cars from Arnold Clark, Greenock - wouldn't let them anywhere near my cars for servicing though - known bandits.
Edition 2.0 TDI 190, 4x4, DSG, Business Grey

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”