Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Smartlink

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Zach 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm currently connecting to the infotainment system with Bluetooth. It works with my Samsung S8 for calls and media. If I pay for the smartlink upgrade I can use android auto and the wife can use apple car play. Does the phone need to be plugged into the usb port the whole time? It's just that it doesn't charge that quickly and I am buying a Samsung fastcharger that goes in the cigarette lighter.

#3 ·
I would also advise you not to buy a faster charger. Try to avoid it if possible.

All these super fast chargers are damaging the battery in the long run.

#7 ·
I think it comes down to the capabilities of your phone and the charger you use.

I have a Sony XZ Premium which has QuickCharge 3 built in, I picked up a QuickCharge 3 lighter adapter. The phone and charger 'synch' so a higher charge can be used when the battery has less charge, when nearly full the amount of charge drops. I think some of the boost apps try mimicking the this to allow a rapid charge.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01B5X35FM

#8 ·
Zach said:
I call bollocks. Any 2.1A charger works fine with any new smartphone.
The fast chargers aren't 2.1A, they are at least 2.5A - the one for my HTC 10 charges very rapidly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.