How did your dealer do?

The place to discuss everything else..
Lord Muck

How did your dealer do?

Post by Lord Muck » Tue May 02, 2017 8:08 pm

Hopefully this won't be a name and shame..

I'm dealing with Hortons in Lincoln and to be fair they could not have been more helpful so far. I was on the phone to them today messing with the spec and the engine selection and they were really friendly and patient.

The guy said it's normal that people change their minds...

So at the moment it's thumbs up for Horton at Lincoln.
1.4TSI Kodiaq SE 4x4 7 seats manual.. build week 23 5/6/17
Extras are window blinds, driver mode, colour computer, reversing camera and a spare wheel.

I swear way too much, apparently the use of colourful metaphors is frowned on in polite society!

Lord Muck

Re: How did your dealer do?

Post by Lord Muck » Mon May 08, 2017 8:39 am

Dealer has contacted me with an update build week being 23rd June week commencing 5/6/17 so far Hortons have been so helpful, they are keeping me updated weekly by email, nothing seems too much trouble. Projected delivery date being end of June Early July.
So far Hortons are doing exactly what they said they would do.
Extras are window blinds, driver mode, colour computer, reversing camera and a spare wheel.

I swear way too much, apparently the use of colourful metaphors is frowned on in polite society!

stuartclarkson

Post by stuartclarkson » Tue May 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Lord Muck wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 8:39 am
Dealer has contacted me with an update build week being 23rd June week commencing 5/6/17 so far Hortons have been so helpful, they are keeping me updated weekly by email, nothing seems too much trouble. Projected delivery date being end of June Early July.
When did you order? I ordered on 11th April, not had an update yet on a build week from my dealer (DM Keith in Bradford).
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI 125ps 7-seat Quartz Grey. Ordered 11 April 2017, built w/c 22 May, collected 19 June! :D

bigboss

Post by bigboss » Tue May 09, 2017 7:26 pm

Ask your dealer about the status code of your order.
Kodiaq SE L, 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG, Magnetic Brown metallic, beige leather, 19" Triglav, towbar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera. Škoda ID: 98705067

wrobz

Post by wrobz » Tue May 09, 2017 8:03 pm

Lord Muck wrote:
Hope to see you on the roads near me soon!

Hortons in Lincoln were good for me in general but I had to ask for order updates on my PCH car.

P.S. only seen one other K owner on the road so far in a month - then again I don't get out very much!
SE L 2.0 TDi 150PS DSG, Business Grey, Sirius alloys. Rear view camera, child safety pack, space saver spare wheel.

Lord Muck

Post by Lord Muck » Tue May 09, 2017 8:16 pm

I ordered on 23 April... had an introduction update by the lady who checks the order, she confirmed it had been ordered, then we agreed to do it by email rather then telephone and she has confirmed the build date.
I'm so far impressed with them, they have done exactly what they said what they would do.

Lord Muck

Post by Lord Muck » Tue May 09, 2017 8:18 pm

wrobz wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 8:03 pm
Lord Muck wrote:
Hope to see you on the roads near me soon!

Hortons in Lincoln were good for me in general but I had to ask for order updates on my PCH car.

P.S. only seen one other K owner on the road so far in a month - then again I don't get out very much!
I've not actually seen one on the roads as yet other than the two I test drove! I'll keep my eyes open for you mate!

Lord Muck

Post by Lord Muck » Wed May 17, 2017 10:36 am

Had my weekly update that the build date is still set at 5th June... however I have been told this can change.

But it's good they are keeping me updated.

Robert

Post by Robert » Wed May 17, 2017 10:51 am

I have to chase franchise dealer. At no point have they contacted me with progress (I do not expect daily updates, but fortnightly would be acceptable). With todays technology one would have thought it would be a simple task to contact customers, especially as I originally had a delivery of 13thy May. It would appear that only one franchise has adopted electronic means of following progress.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed May 17, 2017 12:58 pm

Meadens Of Brockenhurst & Sway are absolutely fantastic. I cannot recommend them highly enough in every aspect.
Personally I think this SHOULD BE A 'NAME & SHAME' thread, Some of the tales on this forum about poor lack of service (as in communication- not car service) are shameful.
If I had suffered some of the complaints that some of you chaps have reported I would be banging on SUK's door very loudly!
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
“People say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”. :lol:
Winnie The Pooh.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”