How did your dealer do?

The place to discuss everything else..
Robert

Re: How did your dealer do?

Post by Robert » Wed May 17, 2017 3:42 pm

I have emailed my local main office and gave them the web address of the Nottingham company that has updates via order number on line. I await a response!!!

Zach

Post by Zach » Wed May 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Currently have been with Tristram Skoda in Auckland NZ and they've been great, so great that instead of dealing with my local dealer I drove the 160km/100mi distance for my 2 test drive sessions. I'll be driving up there next Saturday to order - already getting paperwork done today. Doing a final test drive with the 2.0 TSI this Saturday at my local dealer and gonna ask for a quote just for comparison though.
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles

Marinfullsuss

Post by Marinfullsuss » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Platinum Skoda Bath did OK, but there was a stressful 30 minutes on pick up day when they told us our SE Tech didn't have front parking sensors. Salesman looked stressed in a controlled way, tried the car (no bleeps), went to his manager, went to the workshop, read the spec (assumed it was the same as a standard SE, which is where he went wrong), went back to manager. Finally decided it did have FPS. Phew. At least he did better than the guy at Weston-S-Mare who told us that we were not allowed to buy a SE Tech - business users only he said. Hence, he lost the sale and Bath gained it.
SE Technology, 5 seats, 150 TDi, manual, 4WD, candy white, towbar, adaptive cruise control, rear camera, Amundsen sat nav, front & rear parking sensors, space saver wheel

QprBoy

Post by QprBoy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:53 pm

Only 8 out of 1O so far....3 years agi I gave 1OO% positive feedback . Maybe being a Carwow customer has put me bottom of pile for customer service, but when I suggested this they steadfastly refuted accusation. Tad disappointed, as bought 2 previous Skodas and always had top banana service with sales and service staff. If I dont receive better service tomorrow I shall ask to speak to Management or go straight to HO. Main issue, is my request for return phone calls are either ignored or not given to salesman, as rarely get call back.
Black 2.O TDI 15O SEL DSG. Dream driveway Golf Mk 1 GTI,Cortina Mk 2 16OO E,Octy hatch VRS Rall Gn.At mo 3 out of 5 kids at home, hence Ive got Saab 9OO, Panda,Corsa, Almera, Kody + wifes mint 2O13 Monte in garage

Inkarr

Post by Inkarr » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:47 pm

I have asked my dealer for my order number 3 times and still haven't received anything since i ordered back on the 27th February other than the paperwork i needed to sign to approve the spec.

I have since spoken to SUK directly and got it from them and an update that my build has been accepted with a currently unconfirmed build week the 2nd April, but my dealer doesn't know that.

I am wondering if i hear anything from the dealer after this week has passed, although i will check up with SUK again to confirm if it was built or started the build process.

I emailed my dealer to order accessories for the car and a price list but got no response, but after a google search i found details online. I just bought the stuff i needed from Superskoda in the end at a fraction of the price. For example, Front and rear mudflaps, £90 in the UK, from Superskoda, 38 Euros, plus 6 Euros delivery. Ordered the Saturday night, had the entire order by Wednesday.

Dealership don't seem that fussed now they have my order. Not expecting a day by day update but confirmation that my order had been accepted and had a provisional build week and a price list for accessories.

No wait i did have an email from them about GAP insurance, which i won't take through them as twice the price as comparable policies if i even go down that route.

I am very very excited though for the car. :D
Kodiaq Edition 5 seater 2.0 (190) DSG in Petrol Blue.
Electric towbar, Heated windscreen and washers, Assistance Pack, Area view with trailer assist, Travel Assist, Childrens pack, Virtual pedal, Heated steering wheel

Shocks

Post by Shocks » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Yep I'm v excited but only contact I have had with them since the day I went in and placed the order was by me contacting them three times for a build week date.
Other than that, zero communication - not that I need it but it would be nice to make sure I'm not imagining it
Ordered 27.01.2018. :lol: SE L 1.4 TSI petrol 2WD DSG Black Magic with Sirius wheels (aka Sirius Black - Harry Potter :roll: ), LED Pack, ACC, Paint protection. :lol:

Serengwalia

Post by Serengwalia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:31 pm

Having had mine for a few months now I've had time to reflect on the whole process of ordering, waiting and collecting. The first time I've bought a car for many years having been a compsny car user previously.

I have to say that my experience was very good indeed from the initial visit to the handover. Clear explanation, all questions answered comprehensively on the spot or within 48 hours, test drives handled smoothly and easily.

At the point of order, everything handled very well, clear and concise with copies of sll documentation. Post order, regular email/phone contact to advise on progress and timing, (at least weekly if not more regularly). Handover, even payment handled withour fuss or difficulty. Delivery slightly early compared to my original planning but everything handled without fuss or bother. Pretty much how we'd all like it to happen I suppose.

Take a well deserved bow Silbury Skoda of Cramlington and in particular Ashley Todd who dealt with my order.
Kodiaq 7 seat 190 TDi 4x4 SE L DSG Moon White DCC, Heated Windscreen, Front and Rear sensors, leather upholstery, Columbus infotainment, parking assistant.

Pjmartin

Post by Pjmartin » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:57 am

Not really sure about this one really.

They were extremely helpful in making the sale but when I had a change of heart on the vehicle colour post order, they seemed less than happy to assist.

3 weeks prior to build date, I decided I wanted to alter the colour of my car and the dealership were not able to assist me.

I was somewhat surprised by this outcome.
2.0Ltr Edition 190 DSG 7 Seats, Candy White
Optional extras:
Fully loaded. :)

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:32 pm

It would be helpful for others if you could name the dealers on which you are commenting. Good and bad.
Thanks
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
“People say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”. :lol:
Winnie The Pooh.

Inkarr

Post by Inkarr » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:32 pm
It would be helpful for others if you could name the dealers on which you are commenting. Good and bad.
Thanks
My dealer for the Kodiaq is Lookers Skoda in Stockport.

They, unfortunately, aren't the most forthcoming with information but then maybe i expect to much from previous experience. My current car it is replacing is a BMW bought from new, and that had a 9 month lead time from ordering. The BMW Salesman kept me up to date initially monthly with either a phone call or email and that increased to weekly as the car was built and progressed over to the UK and the dealer. I had the VIN number and was talked through setting up the BMW app well before i even had the car and even went through the optional extras available after the factory build (car mats, USB dongles etc).

All i have had from Lookers so far is paperwork i signed to start the build. They haven't provided the order number (I had to ask SUK for that) nor have given me any prices for additional extras i wanted (car mats, mud guards etc) so i bought them elsewhere.

Even after speaking to them and emailing them, with Colins screenshot I still haven't had a response to that and just been told they would be in touch when the car was with them. Do be fair i now don't want to rock the boat with them as i want them to fit the mud guards etc on pre-car prep. The dealer did say they would do that, although they haven't said if there would be a charge.

Saying all that they did work hard to get the sale, including bring the Kodiaq to my house so my Wife could see it and have a test drive one evening, although i think that was because the salesman wanted to have the car for an evening than his normal one and he even stated that, so it might have been more for him than just us.

For now i am just speaking to SUK to see when my car crosses over the water and hopefully Lookers will pick up the contact.
Kodiaq Edition 5 seater 2.0 (190) DSG in Petrol Blue.
Electric towbar, Heated windscreen and washers, Assistance Pack, Area view with trailer assist, Travel Assist, Childrens pack, Virtual pedal, Heated steering wheel

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”