Insurance quotes/questions/comments Merged with 'Insurance'

The place to discuss everything else..
MoominPapa

Re: Insurance

Post by MoominPapa » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Check with your insurer. I do not think the Skoda system is insurance approved and thus doesn't get classified as an additional tracker on top of the base security features.
Driving since May 2017 a 1.4TSI 2WD DSG Edition in Petrol Blue. Car finally sorted after 9 trips to workshop. Currently running on "winter boots".

Shera81

Post by Shera81 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Ah ok that makes sense, assuming it's to do with where the gps connection is, and this one is quite obviously above the sos button so easy for thieves to remove perhaps.

bigboss

Re: Insurance quotes/questions/comments

Post by bigboss » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:37 am

MoominPapa wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:11 pm
Thanks for setting up thread.

This was my PM:

"Depending on engine, the SE L is group 18 to 22e. The edition 1.4 tsi is 16e. For me with a clean license and 8 years NCB (I'm just under half your age and didn't need to drive until my 20s), my premium difference was £160pa [in favour of Edition over SE L]. Am quoted £280 for 8000 miles pa & social, domestic + business use."

And just to be more clear on my comment about "I personally can't put saving money before the safety of my family" - I meant saving money by going for a lower trim, not saving money with a lesser fully comp premium.
Just to be clear, the insurance group for SE L and Edition are either the same or the Edition sits on a higher insurance group:

download/file.php?id=519
Kodiaq SE L, 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG, Magnetic Brown metallic, beige leather, 19" Triglav, towbar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera. Škoda ID: 98705067

Colin Lambert

Re: Insurance quotes/questions/comments

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:38 am

When I picked up my K, I changed cars on line with Aviva and the extra cost over my 1.2 SE L 1.2 DSG Yeti was £5 for the remaining duration of the policy , so from 6th April to the 3rd October. Say 7 months so my annual premium would be, on that basis, about £9 for the year making it £230.p.a.
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
“People say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”. :lol:
Winnie The Pooh.

Colin Lambert

Re: Insurance quotes/questions/comments Merged with 'Insurance'

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:22 am

bump
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Winnie The Pooh.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:06 pm

by Savage
Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:38 am
Forum: Main Skoda Kodiaq chat
Topic: Insurance Now merged with 'Insurance Quotes/questions/comments.
Replies: 4
Views: 137
I just had to hand over an additional £50 for the remaining 4 months cover over my 2 yr old Octavia TSi vRS. When I did the quote comparison earlier, it was £50 for the year more with them, so I think they are pulling a fast one, unlikely to get my business at renewal unless they are way cheaper ! F...
Winnie The Pooh.

KodiaqDna

Post by KodiaqDna » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Have checked with my insurance brokers. At the moment they are unable to give me a quote/estimate of cover for the Kodiaq I have ordered. I even supplied the regd number (at their suggestion) of the car I took out when on a test drive, so they do know the car exists. They have had several calls from other drivers who obviously cannot get an updated quote. Apparently there are only five insurance companies showing details for the Kodiaq, which no doubt will be leaving many in limbo. I have plenty of time but others may not have. It really is about time the car manufacturers and insurers got their acts together.
Kodiaq Edition1.4tsi manual awd in quartz grey with black leather, rear view camera with led rear lights, adaptive cruise control, dynamic chassis control, rough road package, front /rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, heated windscreen/washers.

Savage

Post by Savage » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:00 pm

Who are your brokers ?
I know for a fact compare the market has them listed.
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

KodiaqDna

Post by KodiaqDna » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:37 am

PMAS
Kodiaq Edition1.4tsi manual awd in quartz grey with black leather, rear view camera with led rear lights, adaptive cruise control, dynamic chassis control, rough road package, front /rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, heated windscreen/washers.

Savage

Post by Savage » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:41 am

Try somewere else ... they snooze, they loose :lol:
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”