Insurance quotes/questions/comments Merged with 'Insurance'

The place to discuss everything else..
KodiaqDna

Re: Insurance quotes/questions/comments Merged with 'Insurance'

Post by KodiaqDna » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:17 am

The cover I get is very good and as I am in the waiting game, it is no hardship. Just because you can get it on compare website does not necessarily mean you are getting best cover but just that their are some insurance companies who (but not all) who have them on the site.
Kodiaq Edition1.4tsi manual awd in quartz grey with black leather, rear view camera with led rear lights, adaptive cruise control, dynamic chassis control, rough road package, front /rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, heated windscreen/washers.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:22 am

KodiaqDna wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:19 pm
Have checked with my insurance brokers. At the moment they are unable to give me a quote/estimate of cover for the Kodiaq I have ordered. I even supplied the regd number (at their suggestion) of the car I took out when on a test drive, so they do know the car exists. They have had several calls from other drivers who obviously cannot get an updated quote. Apparently there are only five insurance companies showing details for the Kodiaq, which no doubt will be leaving many in limbo. I have plenty of time but others may not have. It really is about time the car manufacturers and insurers got their acts together.
I had no trouble with AVIVA. Straight in, cheap quote! Seemples!
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
“People say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”. :lol:
Winnie The Pooh.

HamsterWheel

Post by HamsterWheel » Tue May 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Just tried to get a quote ahead of my car arriving in a few months. 42 results back from Compare the market, £324 the cheapest.
2.0 TSI Edition in Petrol Blue beige leather. Flappy paddles, heated screen & nozzles, driver alert, adaptive cruise control, front sensors, mats, spare wheel, waste bin... Order 3 Mar, got stuck in factory awaiting seats. Cancelled.

Savage

Post by Savage » Tue May 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Then add protected no claims and legal cover ;)
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue May 02, 2017 7:15 pm

£324 is 100 more than I am paying but yours is 2 litre & High Wycombe is probably more expensive area than Poole. So not bad.
Personally I wouldn't waste money on 'legal'. It is the insurance companies job and in their interest as well as yours to fight your corner. If you pay extra for 'legal' all that happens is that they push you onto a third party which invariably causes even more problems. You want my advice? Save your money! ;)
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Winnie The Pooh.

Savage

Post by Savage » Tue May 02, 2017 10:27 pm

Nope, they WON'T fight your corner, a lot of the time they want to settle any claim as 50/50 even if its 100% the other party's fault, and they won't pay out on any personal loss or injury. If that means you have to get a solicitor to fight your corner and /or recover costs, you will be glad of that extra bit paid at the time ;)

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed May 03, 2017 8:16 am

I hate to have to admit it in open forum, but I have had two prangs in the last 6 years, both insured with Aviva. All it took was 3 'phone calls on each occasion. No paperwork no aggravation and no legal cover.
So I suppose it depends on the Insurance company.
Winnie The Pooh.

Savage

Post by Savage » Wed May 03, 2017 8:55 am

Or what is involved, My wife spent a lot of her working life in insurance, (not any more). All I can say is the extra £25 or so is worth it, you may never need it, but if you do, it will save you thousands.

Paul Dunn

Post by Paul Dunn » Sat May 06, 2017 8:52 pm

Just got insurance from LV Extra including no claims protection and legal cover for £199 for a Edition AWD 1.4 DSG. The benefit of living in Snowdonia is the low cost of insurance plus being retired and only using it for pleasure. Agree with paying the extra for legal cover though.
Edition 150 AWD DSG Beige Cappuccino, Beige Leather, tow bar, front parking sensors, etc.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun May 07, 2017 9:24 am

That is very good. Poole is also the lowest area (believe it or not) I also am retired on 6000 miles p.a, full NCD but one SP30.
Aviva £231 full year. (including discount for AVIVA app and shareholders discount.)
I have always found LV too expensive, but since their H.O is one mile away from me I might just pop over next renewal and have a face to face chat!
Winnie The Pooh.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”