Insurance quotes/questions/comments Merged with 'Insurance'

The place to discuss everything else..
Colin Lambert

Insurance quotes/questions/comments Merged with 'Insurance'

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:50 pm

Moominpapa has suggested that we have an insurance thread for the benefit of all, so here it is.
He has also sent me a PM which would be useful to post here. I will leave it up to him if he wishes to.

Post by MoominPapa » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:19 am From Kodiaq Review.

The only bit I disagree with the telegraph review is going for SE L trim over Edition. Edition has the extra safety gear that lowers insurance premiums, and I personally can't put saving money before the safety of my family.
Code 20. 1.4tsi 2wd dsg edition petrol blue with beige interior.

response to the above was.

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:03 am

Interesting. Anybody know what their insurance costs are. You will have to declare, age, mileage, area, NCB, where kept and points, to get a half decent comparison. Anyone know the various models insurance groups yet?
I am with Aviva. Full NCB, 3 points, lives on drive in Poole, SWMBO included (but not living with) 6000miles a year, SD&P only age 71.
Also Aviva app taken and shareholder discount. Currently paying £220 for 1.2 Yeti SE L DSG. next week I shall just change on line and then wait for the bill for the extra!! :o
I wont be able to add more than I have until I get it.
Moderator Group
Due at Dealer on Monday or Tuesday. SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, Panoramic Roof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglav wheels. Spacesaver and Canton sound system (Thank you Skoda!)
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
“People say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”. :lol:
Winnie The Pooh.

MoominPapa

Re: Insurance quotes/questions/comments

Post by MoominPapa » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:11 pm

Thanks for setting up thread.

This was my PM:

"Depending on engine, the SE L is group 18 to 22e. The edition 1.4 tsi is 16e. For me with a clean license and 8 years NCB (I'm just under half your age and didn't need to drive until my 20s), my premium difference was £160pa [in favour of Edition over SE L]. Am quoted £280 for 8000 miles pa & social, domestic + business use."

And just to be more clear on my comment about "I personally can't put saving money before the safety of my family" - I meant saving money by going for a lower trim, not saving money with a lesser fully comp premium.
Driving since May 2017 a 1.4TSI 2WD DSG Edition in Petrol Blue. Car finally sorted after 9 trips to workshop.

Italy Paul

Post by Italy Paul » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Bugger! In Italy fully comprehensive is REALLY EXPENSIVE. I have 15 years no claims and was quoted €936 on a 1.4 tsi 125 manual.
Delivered 1.4 TSI 125, Active, manual, 7 seater, jungle green.

mazbar

Post by mazbar » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:55 pm

I've seen Italians drive and have been run over in Italy, I'm surprised it isn't more expensive

bigboss

Post by bigboss » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:18 pm

MoominPapa wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:11 pm
Thanks for setting up thread.

This was my PM:

"Depending on engine, the SE L is group 18 to 22e. The edition 1.4 tsi is 16e. For me with a clean license and 8 years NCB (I'm just under half your age and didn't need to drive until my 20s), my premium difference was £160pa [in favour of Edition over SE L]. Am quoted £280 for 8000 miles pa & social, domestic + business use."

And just to be more clear on my comment about "I personally can't put saving money before the safety of my family" - I meant saving money by going for a lower trim, not saving money with a lesser fully comp premium.
Where did you get the insurance groups from, based on trim?
Kodiaq SE L, 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG, Magnetic Brown metallic, beige leather, 19" Triglav, towbar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera. Škoda ID: 98705067

MoominPapa

Post by MoominPapa » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:21 pm

I asked my insurer.
Driving since May 2017 a 1.4TSI 2WD DSG Edition in Petrol Blue. Car finally sorted after 9 trips to workshop.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:17 pm

Post details Select: Insurance
Posted Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:05 pm by Drew

All. Is anyone else having difficulty with their insurers not having the kodiaq on the system? I'm with privilege and they could only find the se tech? Anyway they contacted the underwriters and they based it upon a yeti as the closest match and no extra premium for the last few weeks of my policy over my current scout 184 dsg
Post details Select: Re: Insurance
Posted Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:20 pm by Paymaster

I tried compare the market, same result as you, but my current insurer Hastings Direct insured it fir a small increase (other firms are available).
Posted Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:24 pm by MoominPapa

There's a separate thread under off topic.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=369

The edition is known as an ED with my insurers and they class it as an estate car.
Posted Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:28 pm by Drew

Privilege couldn't even find kodiaq at first. The renewal is up at end of April so hopefully better luck by then. Not sure if basing it upon yeti is good or bad really
Posted Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:08 pm by MoominPapa

Paymaster wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:20 pm
I tried compare the market, same result as you, but my current insurer Hastings Direct insured it fir a small increase (other firms are available).
I've tried Go Compare & also Compare the Market - I had no difficulty finding the Kodiaq & here's a screenshot.

Posted Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:21 pm by Savage

Nope, Compare the market has had the K listed for a good while now as I looked at quotes initially back in Feb.
The latest best one for my coming car is by my current insurer so that bodes well !
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Winnie The Pooh.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:28 am

Just checked with Aviva. See my personal details in earlier post in this thread.
For SE L 1.4 150BHP DSG 2WD. Protected no Claims and £250 TOTAL excess.
£44 more that my current 1.2 SE L DSG Yeti. Not bad for a car costing £30K
Was: £335.00
One single payment of: £266.00
Includes your 20% existing customer discount
View your premium breakdown
Winnie The Pooh.

RCRCRC

Post by RCRCRC » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:31 am

As It was time to revue insurance on our S Max, The price was doubled! , Called Privilege, ( a branch of Direct line i believe) and found the cause was adding the rather accident prone daughter, removed her from policy and returned to offer of under £300 pa.
A little haggling and that went down to £269, with max no claim . Kept On Drive in south Buckinghamshire.

While I was on i enquired the likely price for the Kodiaq when it terns up. A SE L with 5.5K of extras.
The 9 year old S-Max TDi auto 2 lt. is group 15, the new Kodiaq will be group 14 and a slightly lower price. With Privilege the value of the car makes no difference up to £70k.
Privilege had never herd of a Kodiaq on 01/04 so compared it to a similar car spec.
SE L 2.0 150 Petrol Blue,Space saver,Canton,Black Leather,Seat mem,Drive mode,Driver alert, Heated Windscreen,High Beam,Area view,Folding tow bar,Trailer assist,DCC. LED lights.
Ordered 09/02/17@Hughes, Richard in South Buckinghamshire

Shera81

Insurance

Post by Shera81 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:51 pm

So my insurance is up for renewal and as usual it's time to shop around as my 'special renewal' price is more expensive than last year.

Just gone on the usual compare sites to start the ball rolling and it's asked if my vehicle has a tracker fitted.

I'm thinking yes??? As I can see where my car is via the app and also even how fast it's been going?? What are everyone else's thoughts?

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”