Anti key code grabbing wallet.

The place to discuss everything else..
Colin Lambert

Anti key code grabbing wallet.

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:16 am

https://www.aldi.co.uk/anti-theft-key-fob-wallet-2-pack/p/020753315488600
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Kenny R

Re: Anti key code grabbing wallet.

Post by Kenny R » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:01 pm

Pity there’s no reviews, you can get 5 star rated ones on Amazon etc for similar price.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

old man

Post by old man » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:42 am

Aldi items are normally of acceptable quality.

Don't forget if buying signal blocking pouches that 2 are needed - the other one for your spare key fob.
I got 2 from E Bay for around £8 and they work fine. Many of these have two slots and if the fob is placed in the wrong slot they won't work.
I think that's why some of them get a bad press, it's not that they don't work, it's because they aren't being used correctly.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:52 am

I prefer to use a key fob that you have to push a button to get the doors to unlock. Keyless entry is one step too far for me. Happy Christmas to all my readers. 🎅⛄🎄🛷
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

old man

Post by old man » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:22 am

Old and Grumpy wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:52 am
I prefer to use a key fob that you have to push a button to get the doors to unlock. Keyless entry is one step too far for me. Happy Christmas to all my readers. 🎅⛄🎄🛷
[/quote

What you're using is still keyless entry i.e. you still have to press a button on a fob to open the car. You then have to insert your key into the ignition, whereas we don't.
Your type of entry is probably less safe from attack than a Kessy system. At least with Kessy, it can be disabled by touching the indent in the door handle after locking the car and the signal from fob to car can be hidden with a Faraday bag.
In your case, a ne'er do well can be sitting nearby with a magic box that can read your signal when you lock your car and it can then be used to unlock your car when you've walked away e.g. in a car park.

A Merry Christmas to you too

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:07 am

old man wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:22 am
Old and Grumpy wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:52 am
[/quote

What you're using is still keyless entry i.e. you still have to press a button on a fob to open the car. You then have to insert your key into the ignition, whereas we don't.
Your type of entry is probably less safe from attack than a Kessy system. At least with Kessy, it can be disabled by touching the indent in the door handle after locking the car and the signal from fob to car can be hidden with a Faraday bag.
In your case, a ne'er do well can be sitting nearby with a magic box that can read your signal when you lock your car and it can then be used to unlock your car when you've walked away e.g. in a car park.

A Merry Christmas to you too
Not quite correct. I still have keyless engine start.
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

old man

Post by old man » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:46 am

Not quite correct. I still have keyless engine start.
Ah, didn't realise that :? Merry Xmas anyway :D

C2atb

Post by C2atb » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:15 pm

I use the fob / door disable thing when not in a secure location however I’m just wondering how many kodiaqs have been stolen is there anyway to find out
Black magic 1.4 SE ,7 seats , canton , rear view , privacy glass with tints, heko wind deflectors , ambient lighting , Amundsen , kessy , power tailgate/foot ,DCC, 22” OZ wheels , sportline style grill,montecarlo badges , ghost lights

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”