[off topic] Don't get caught by the pedants of this nanny state

The place to discuss everything else..
iwarv

[off topic] Don't get caught by the pedants of this nanny state

Post by iwarv » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:06 pm

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/thousand ... e-13354393

I've not heard of anyone getting caught on this 'technicality' whilst in completely safe situations (is: parked / not moving).
It feels like entrapment to give us this technology (pay by phone) and these conveniences (drive thru's and car parks) and then to use them against us in this manner.

Surprised to learn that start/stop technology can not be provided as an excuse.

In a nutshell: pay with contactless payment cards in drive thru's and car parks.
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

Vaclav^2

Re: [off topic] Don't get caught by the pedants of this nanny state

Post by Vaclav^2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:45 am

I just use my Apple Watch :P My phone remains in my pocket or in the Kodiaq on the charging mat :)

Swindiaq

Post by Swindiaq » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:49 am

I'd be surprised if anyone actually got penalised for it
2017 SE L / 1.4 TSI 2wd DSG / 7seat / black everything / Canton / front sensors / rear cam / ACC / traffic recog / Williams ceramic protection

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:56 am

I think this is typical MIRROR scandal-mongering.
How the hell is anyone going to get caught on private land? Or on a forecourt drive through or Tesco type car park. Unless you are stupid enough t to hit somebody whilst fiddling with your 'phone.
Start/Stop. Presumably is no excuse because if your foot slips off the brake (not all cars have 'brake hold' ) you will start moving in an auto. And the laws have to include everyone .
I am coming up for a hip revision op and will not be allowed to drive for at least 6 weeks :( . The reason being I have to be able to perform an emergency stop. 1. I don't have to lift my size 10 off the floor, simply swivel my foot and 2, I have autonomous braking.
But not everybody is like this and so I get caught up in t the law because SOME people might not be the same.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

MrTrilby

Post by MrTrilby » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:51 am

Using your smart watch to take the call is still illegal - it’s by definition not a hands free device.
190 4x4 SEL DSG with pano roof, ACC, reversing camera, towbar, heated multifunction steering wheel, heated front & rear seats, rear tables, luggage net, electric driver seat, ambient lighting, media command

Vaclav^2

Post by Vaclav^2 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:38 pm

MrTrilby wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:51 am
Using your smart watch to take the call is still illegal - it’s by definition not a hands free device.
Since when are we talking about taken a call? I thought we were discussing making a payment, and as such when waving your wrist :lol: :D you aren't handling your phone.

Do pay attention :twisted: :mrgreen:

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”