BEWARE PHISHING SCAM

The place to discuss everything else..
Colin Lambert

BEWARE PHISHING SCAM

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue May 01, 2018 12:29 pm

BE AWARE.
I had a call from 02070482372
13.10 today telling me They were calling from HMRC regarding my Tax. I had to ring back on that number or I would be fined etc etc .Wishing me good luck with my prosecution if I did not ding the above number.
This is a PHISING scam
I have reported it to Action Fraud.
If you call the number you may well be charged HUGE amounts on your ‘phone bill which you will never get back!

ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Plodd

Re: BEWARE FISHING SCAM

Post by Plodd » Tue May 01, 2018 8:24 pm

Old news. There is now a cap on what these kind of call can cost. It's no longer a HUGE amount.
Kodiaq 2.0tdi DSG SE in Moon White. F/R sensors, Towbar and folding mirrors.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed May 02, 2018 8:43 am

Thanks for update.
NOT OLD news though. They 'phoned me yesterday. I presume the cost is considerable if not huge otherwise, why would the scammers bother.
Does one assume you are Plod?
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

bigboss

Post by bigboss » Wed May 02, 2018 10:14 am

Plodd wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:24 pm
Old news. There is now a cap on what these kind of call can cost. It's no longer a HUGE amount.
It's not about calling a premium number. They usually threaten on the phone and make vulnerable people wire transfer money via Western Union etc.
Kodiaq SE L, 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG, Magnetic Brown metallic, beige leather, 19" Triglav, towbar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera. Škoda ID: 98705067

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Wed May 02, 2018 6:29 pm

This if a phishing scam (not fishing - nothing aquatic about it). The number is we’ll know and the threaten or scare you into either transferring money or passing them your bank details. I am always amazed how people fall for this.

I seem to be back on the “Hello I’m from BT and we have noticed there is a virus on your BT router ‘ scam, my personal best is now 33 minutes pretending not to understand the technical stuff. It takes them that long to realise they are not going to remote control my PC and that I am not with BT.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Ordered 3rd April - Build Week 26 - Collected 17 August

Colin Lambert

Q!

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed May 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Sorry Jon. I know very well it's PHIshing. Just had a brainfreeze!!
I love winding these Indian wallahs (funny how they all have English names) who work for Microsoft.
I play them along pretending I am thick (no comments required thanks :lol: )
I tell them I have to go upstairs and turn it on. "It's taking a long time" say I. "Oh dear yes Sahib, that is part of the problem" says he.
i take ages pretending to do everything he tells me to do, than after about 10 minutes, I say that I didn't know my Mac used Microsoft. They either tell me to F off and slam the 'phone down, realizing they have been had or they just hang up. Great fun!
[color=#00

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”