CX-9

The place to discuss everything else..
Gordie1973

CX-9

Post by Gordie1973 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:50 am

Howdy all,

Now that the diesel bubble seems to have properly burst, do you think Mazda would ready the CX9 for launch in Europe?

I’m in NZ at the minute, and they are everywhere, and if I’m honest, they look good, and I imagine they’d drive well (being a Mazda!), I think I’d be hard pressed to make the call between it and the Kodiaq.

Haven’t looked into reviews etc, but thought that since we are a global group it would be interesting to hear opinions.

Gordie
2.0T Sportline 7 seat 4wd

Quartz grey, ACC, Canton, Heated wheel / Screen, family pack, Front seat ISOFIX, flat bottom wheel with flappy paddles, travel assist, traffic sign recognition, front parking sensors.

Picking up 24th April

Colin Lambert

Re: CX-9

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:44 am

Dunno! Mazda seem to be fairly opinionated. they don't seem to react well to market opinion.
( I have had 2) they do what THEY want.
Not for me though I must admit.
A. I think it's fugly (just my taste) &
B. Too slopey backed for me, cuts down on space for the hounds.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Zach

Post by Zach » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:44 pm

I'm surprised they don't launch the CX 8 in Europe. In all dimensions the CX 8 is smaller, but has the same wheelbase. The numbers are good too... 2.2l diesel with 190PS and 450Nm.

I've got a family member that owns a CX 9, and imo it's a dog to drive compared to the Kodiaq. IMO, the Kodiaq is probably the best driving SUV before going onto the big euro V8's like SQ7 or Range Rover Sport
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles

Kiwi Kodiaqer

Post by Kiwi Kodiaqer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:04 pm

agree with zach, CX9 is a big vehicle to park etc, long bonnet but not much internal space for size of vehicle. CX8 looks similar size to kodiaq and would be closest contender.
Picked up 9th August 2017 2.0 TDI 190 STYLE DSG Black, Triglav wheels. Pleasure to drive

Gordie1973

Post by Gordie1973 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:10 pm

Fair point, I didn’t now about the CX8 and to be fair, it was probably the 8 I was seeing around. (I thought it was a sleeker facelifted CX9), strange they didn’t open it to the uk in that case, although I think they have been burnt by the CX7 - which I still contend is a blinding (value for money) machine......

Quartz grey, ACC, Canton, Heated wheel / Screen, family pack, Front seat ISOFIX, flat bottom wheel with flappy paddles, travel assist, traffic sign recognition, front parking sensors.

Picking up 24th April

Zach

Post by Zach » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:27 pm

CX 8 isn't available anywhere but Japan as far as I know. CX 8 was only for Japan for whatever reason, but now they're expanding it to Oceania which is nice. Just out of curiosity, where in NZ are you for holidays? Sorry about our crappy weather!
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles

Gordie1973

Post by Gordie1973 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:46 pm

Doh! Fair point. Maybe too much NZ Sauvignon Blanc! (Not whilst driving obviously!)

We’ve been here for 5 weeks, into Auckland, flew to Christchurch, then down to Queenstown via Fairlie, Tekapo, Wanaka, Arrowtown. Flew from Queenstown back up to Auckland for Easter with friends in Waiheke, followed by a few days in Cooks Beach, then Rotorua, and have just arrived in Kerikeri for our final week up north, before a few days in Auckland to see friends before heading back to Ireland.....

It’s been amazing!

Weather has been great, mostly mid 20’s, but yes, it has turned a bit colder and wetter over the last week. We were in Rotorua last week - one day it was mid 20’s and bright, 24h later, freezing, blowing a gale, torrential rain, and 12 degrees! Felt like we were home again!!!

Picking up 24th April

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:33 am

Nothing above CX5 in the U.K.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:07 am

Unless they have fixed the problem with underdimensioned brakes, then stay away.... At least in 10 years they have sold the CX9 with bad brakes... I have had experience with 3 different model years.
DK - ordered week 17 - Kodiaq 2.0 tsi style 5 seats. Black. Ventilated seats, lane assist, towbar, blis, acc, heated windscreen, sign recogn, amundsen, park assist with area view, rear cam, electric trunk, virtual cockpit. Delivery ~ no one knows

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”