How did you pass the time?!?!?

The place to discuss everything else..
Gordie1973

Re: How did you pass the time?!?!?

Post by Gordie1973 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:10 pm

WHAT??? IT CLOSES ON SUNDAYS????

If it stayed open i’d have my car about 2 weeks sooner!!!!!

😂
Current Skoda virgin
Belfast

StephenL

Post by StephenL » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 am

Pass the time? I had three nights sleep. I picked up the car 4 days after ordering it. To be fair, the dealer already had some in stock of an acceptable spec.
Kodiaq 1.4 Tsi 2wd DSG SE Black, black leather heated seats, Canton, mood lighting, spare wheel

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:11 pm

That's cheating!
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
“People say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”. :lol:
Winnie The Pooh.

markymate

Post by markymate » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Couldn't agree more Colin, bloody smartie pants!!!

On a much brighter note, mine has now been released for shipping, not much more passing the time to do.....I hope. I even have the VIN now, although there's not much I can do with it!!!
Kodiaq SE L 7 seat 1.4TSi 150 DSG. Petrol blue, black leather and some other bits and pieces

StephenL

Post by StephenL » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:48 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:11 pm
That's cheating!
I don’t do waiting, especially if I’m paying £25K or something cash for a car. :lol:
Kodiaq 1.4 Tsi 2wd DSG SE Black, black leather heated seats, Canton, mood lighting, spare wheel

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:23 am

Neither do I.
Normally I am a, 'I want it NOW' sort of a chap.
But I was so smitten with the K before it even came out that I simply HAD to have one, therefore I simply HAD to wait for it! (I already had my 3rd Yeti so I was not without the (now ) second best car I have ever owned to assuage my hunger pangs for the K) :lol:
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
“People say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”. :lol:
Winnie The Pooh.

Estophilux

Post by Estophilux » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:51 pm

I'm a patient sort of fellow, but I must admit to getting a bit itchy now - slightly more than 4 months into my wait, and with potentially another 3-3.5 months to go. This excellent forum passes some of the time, but it's no substitute for actually having the car!
Ordered 5.10.2017. BW? April 2018? Kodiaq 2.0 TSI Style, Lava Blue, Triton, DSG7, 7 seats, Columbus, Canton, pano roof, black perf. leather heated seats, DCC, ACC, TJA, night pack, rough road pack, sport steering wheel, alu pedals

markymate

Post by markymate » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:27 pm

Bloody hell, why so long Estophilux?? I ordered mine on the 2nd of Jan, and it's built, sitting at Emden dock, awaiting the boat to bring it over. Should be about 8 weeks from start to finish.
And you live nearer!!!
Kodiaq SE L 7 seat 1.4TSi 150 DSG. Petrol blue, black leather and some other bits and pieces

Estophilux

Post by Estophilux » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Yes, I do live a lot nearer, but the Luxembourg importer seriously underestimated initial demand when booking slots in the factory. Plus, as you can imagine, it's such a small country and therefore such a small market that it's not exactly high on Skoda's priority list...
Ordered 5.10.2017. BW? April 2018? Kodiaq 2.0 TSI Style, Lava Blue, Triton, DSG7, 7 seats, Columbus, Canton, pano roof, black perf. leather heated seats, DCC, ACC, TJA, night pack, rough road pack, sport steering wheel, alu pedals

Gordie1973

Post by Gordie1973 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:54 pm

markymate wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:27 pm
Bloody hell, why so long Estophilux?? I ordered mine on the 2nd of Jan, and it's built, sitting at Emden dock, awaiting the boat to bring it over. Should be about 8 weeks from start to finish.
And you live nearer!!!
Out of interest how long were you quoted? I’ve been told 14-16 weeks!!!!

(Just got confirmation yesterday mine has been officially ordered...... bit of an issue with the finance as I’m on a career break, and have only lived at this address for 5 weeks!!!! But all sorted now......)
Current Skoda virgin
Belfast

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”