How did you pass the time?!?!?

The place to discuss everything else..
Gordie1973

How did you pass the time?!?!?

Post by Gordie1973 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:45 pm

It’s only been 4 days since I ordered the Kodiaq, and only now am I realising how much of my spare time was spent looking at configurators, carwow, reviews and YouTube vids on the kodiaq.

Now I’m having withdrawal symptoms, and have 4 months(ish) to wait!!!!
2.0T Sportline 7 seat 4wd

Quartz grey, ACC, Canton, Heated wheel / Screen, family pack, Front seat ISOFIX, flat bottom wheel with flappy paddles, travel assist, traffic sign recognition, front parking sensors.

Picking up 24th April

Kenny R

Re: How did you pass the time?!?!?

Post by Kenny R » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Have you downloaded an owners manual?
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.

Gordie1973

Post by Gordie1973 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 pm

Kenny R wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:28 pm
Have you downloaded an owners manual?
Nope - am on it tonight!

Quartz grey, ACC, Canton, Heated wheel / Screen, family pack, Front seat ISOFIX, flat bottom wheel with flappy paddles, travel assist, traffic sign recognition, front parking sensors.

Picking up 24th April

Shocks

Post by Shocks » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:21 pm

Me too you describe exactly the same as what I am going through lmao! I literally watched car reviews for the last two years before deciding on the Kodiak!

There's not many videos I haven't watched now, now I'm forcing myself to watch Netflix programmes (arrested development) to take my mind off it...then I started looking for problematic-kodiaq posts lol...now looking at nice pictures of it... Rediculous and daft but hey ho!
Ordered 27.01.2018. :lol: SE L 1.4 TSI petrol 2WD DSG Black Magic with Sirius wheels (aka Sirius Black - Harry Potter :roll: ), LED Pack, ACC, Paint protection. :lol:

markymate

Post by markymate » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:37 am

Oh My God. I'm not the only one!!! I'm on Kodiaq alert it seems, 24 hours a day since I ordered the damn thing. I've watched the Kodiaq production line so many times now, I know the workers by their first names..... Staff on Skoda's live chat switch off when I log on. I've been watching my ship plough back and forward between Emden and Sheerness, and the car not even finished being built. Still, hopefully not to long now, then I can get back to my normal life.....I hope!!
Kodiaq SE L 7 seat 1.4TSi 150 DSG. Petrol blue, black leather and some other bits and pieces

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Very strange how it gets you like this!
I first heard about the Kodiaq in early 2016.
I ordered it on the 22nd of December 2016 and picked it up on the 6th April 2017.
Can you IMAGINE what I went through for TWELVE MONTHS, With build week pushbacks, then bringing it forward.
I had no fingernails left by the time it arrived :lol:
Good luck with your wait chaps!!! ;)
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Gordie1973

Post by Gordie1973 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Part of me hopes that they don’t release the vRS during this time!!! BUT, my inner “configurator” is screaming for it to happen!

The inner “negotiator” is already thinking about my stance with the dealer, and my inner “peacekeeper” is already worrying about the arguments with the wife.....!

I need to have a lie down. . .

Picking up 24th April

Shocks

Post by Shocks » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:53 pm

Been to another garage to test drive it, excuse? Showing my son it for his opinion :p
Ordered 27.01.2018. :lol: SE L 1.4 TSI petrol 2WD DSG Black Magic with Sirius wheels (aka Sirius Black - Harry Potter :roll: ), LED Pack, ACC, Paint protection. :lol:

Gordie1973

Post by Gordie1973 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Shocks wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:53 pm
Been to another garage to test drive it, excuse? Showing my son it for his opinion :p
I could do the same with my son and daughter. . .

Although I’d struggle as they are 4 and 2.......

Picking up 24th April

markymate

Post by markymate » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:40 pm

I've had 4 test drives, at 4 different garages!!! I've been well and truly bitten by the Kodiaq bug. And to make matters worse, the bloody plant shuts on Sundays, probably with my half built Bear stuck on the assembly line. Damn those Czechs!!!
Kodiaq SE L 7 seat 1.4TSi 150 DSG. Petrol blue, black leather and some other bits and pieces

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”