3 child car seats in the 7 seater - does it work?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Kenny R

Re: 3 child car seats in the 7 seater - does it work?

Post by Kenny R » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:02 pm

Extracampine wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:48 pm
Thanks for the reply. Disappointed to hear that you can’t fit 3 child seats in the second row if one of them is isofix. It beggars belief that a big SUV family car like this Kodiaq can’t do this! Sure you can put one or two kids in the 3rd row, but as previous people have mentioned, many will want all 3 kids in the 2nd row - and also putting them in the 3rd row means if you go on a family holiday you have a small boot. Even the VW Sharan or Seat Alhambra can do this. I had previously looked at the Multimac seats but I figured it would be better to just get a new car that has this capability built in, as my current car (2013 Kia Sportage) is getting a bit on the small side.
You would really need to try with the seats you have. It might be possible to fit a small booster seat in the middle with 2 isofix seats in the outer seats with different seats, but the Britax Romer highback boosters I have are quite chunky.
And yes the centre seat has a 3 point belt.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

ncpierce

Post by ncpierce » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:08 pm

I have just fitted a Multimac 1260 to the back seat of mine to give me four across...and am very happy with it.
Skoda Kodiaq Edition 4x4 150 Manual - Ordered 21st July - Production week – 36 (w/c 3rd September) Estimated handover week – 41 (w/c 8th October)

redredt

Post by redredt » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Just to let you know that you can fit 3 child seats across the back. We have one child in ISOFIX Maxi Cosi Pebble and then 2 x kids (both 3.5) in Graco Junior. It's a bit of a faff if you did it every day but fine on drives when you need a full boot. Most of the time we put 2 in the back with the centre seat down to climb in and out. Or 1 in the back if we need more boot space but not the whole thing. You can make it work. Also it is very useful having them split up sometimes! :) Hope that helps.

Avc37

Post by Avc37 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:01 pm

Hia hope someone can help 😳 we went to see the Kodiaq today and tried it out with the kids full back boosters however the salesman said you can’t remove any of the headrests which means the seats sit forward at an angle as the headrests push it forward ! Which is not safe or comfortable. Did the salesman get it wrong ? Seems odd that in a family car you can’t fit full sized boosters. We have three children ages 4/6/8
Many thanks

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:55 pm

Avc37 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:01 pm
Hia hope someone can help 😳 we went to see the Kodiaq today and tried it out with the kids full back boosters however the salesman said you can’t remove any of the headrests which means the seats sit forward at an angle as the headrests push it forward ! Which is not safe or comfortable. Did the salesman get it wrong ? Seems odd that in a family car you can’t fit full sized boosters. We have three children ages 4/6/8
Many thanks
Yet more of, if the salespersons lips move they’re lying , I’m afraid....

E34124A1-DDB9-4F4E-9393-40BAEE1F5302.jpeg

Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

Jersey Boy

Post by Jersey Boy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:11 pm

You can definitely remove the third row headrests and then re-install with them facing backwards to allow car seats to safely sit flat against the seat back in those third row seats. I found thatvoutvvia this forum and have had my car set up like that for the last 15 months. It would otherwise have been impossible to have car seats safely in third row. There is a Skoda ‘how to’ guide somewhere on this forum posted with a thread which shows how to use a flat edged screwdriver to press down a little latch on the inside of one of the collars that the headrest poles go down into...you need to push the leather or cloth down a cm or so to see the latch but thatvthen allows you to fully remove the headrest in order to turn in around.
Edition, 2.0 TDI, 150 HP DSG. Black with black leather, area view, paranoramic sunroof, retractable towbar, child pack (inc fold down tables), Canton sound system, media command and front seat isofix :D

Jersey Boy

Post by Jersey Boy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:15 pm

viewtopic.php?t=1104

Link shows how to do for third row (clearer than Skoda guide which features some poor line drawings as I remember!)
Edition, 2.0 TDI, 150 HP DSG. Black with black leather, area view, paranoramic sunroof, retractable towbar, child pack (inc fold down tables), Canton sound system, media command and front seat isofix :D

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”