Muted car audio

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
abullock82

Muted car audio

Post by abullock82 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I was driving to work this morning with the radio on, all fine. Until I stopped for a few minutes. When I started up the car again, everything seemed to be working fine, except there was to audio at all. Nothing from car play, telephone, radio etc. When I tried to turn the volume up, nothing happened, as in no increasing bar appeared either from the Amundsen or the volume control on the steering wheel.

I'm going to see how it is after work tonight, and try a restart (hold the volume button for 10 seconds apparently) but if this fails it looks like I'll be booked in to the garage shortly :(
SE 1.4 TSI manual in black with Amundsen sat nav, rear passenger blinds, Canton, kessy and spare wheel. :D took delivery in April, based in Colchester, Essex.

romanv

Re: Muted car audio

Post by romanv » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:21 am

On your steering wheel there is a volume scroller. Can you press it to unmute?

abullock82

Post by abullock82 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:59 am

Tried that, no luck I'm afraid :(
SE 1.4 TSI manual in black with Amundsen sat nav, rear passenger blinds, Canton, kessy and spare wheel. :D took delivery in April, based in Colchester, Essex.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:14 am

I assume you weren't reversing??
Sportline .1.5DSG. Race Blue. S/s spare, KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

abullock82

Post by abullock82 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:39 am

Nope :(

romanv

Post by romanv » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:29 pm

What do you see on infotainment display? Under settings - sound or something like that?

Ellebees

Post by Ellebees » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:02 pm

I have found that if my phone is charging via the USB point and I then disconnect when getting out of the car, when I return the volume has gone to zero. Need to do a lot of scrolling on the steering wheel to get it to move. However it does normally come back up. I have started using the cigarette lighter point for charging as I then have less issues.
Had a similar issue on a Seat Leon rental I had. No idea why the volume kept switching down to zero or just mute.
Edition 2.0 TDI 150PS DSG in Petrol Blue / Beige Leather with Rear View Camera, Ambient Lighting & Heated Front/Rear seats. 8-)

Got car 26th June. :P A Happy Bunny

Mrs j

Post by Mrs j » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:27 pm

I had same problem.

Press and hold standby until unit goes blank and powers back up (you will see the splash screen logo)
This did the trick :D

LordJellybelly

Post by LordJellybelly » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:37 am

Not sure if there`s a connection but when using navigation with volume on of course after the introduction the dear lady goes quiet leaving only the visual help. Dealer finds no fault and I tend to use iphone maps with better visual presentation. Any ideas anyone?
London
Edition 2.00TSI emerald :mrgreen: green, DSG, 4x4 virtual pedal which does not work :cry: , travel assist, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, spare wheel :D