Problems with online services

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
JohnE

Problems with online services

Post by JohnE » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi there, I wonder whether anyone could help. I have a new Kodiaq, which is great, especially as it's my first new car for 18 years! It's the Columbus setup (but not with the SIM card slot in the glovebox) and I'm having some problems getting online stuff to work (e.g. in Navigation, Google Earth; or updating maps; or Skoda connect services - even though I successfully registered online and in the car).

So, I have an iPhone. I set up a personal hotspot on the iPhone and connected the Kodiaq to it. The phone confirms the connection. I assumed that then online "things" would work, by using the iPhone's 4G data. But if I try to update maps, or Kodiaq software or access Skoda Connect services, I just get a "service unavailable" message. The "Google Earth" option on the maps just remains greyed out and not selectable.

Am I missing something? Can anyone more knowledgeable advise please? Many thanks, John (Essex).

romanv

Re: Problems with online services

Post by romanv » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:32 pm

Did you activate Skoda Connect?

JohnE

Post by JohnE » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Yes, and I entered the PIN number in the car. To be clearer I am having two problems:

(1) infotainment does not seem to recognise it is connected to a phone hotspot, so when trying to update maps etc. I get a "service not available" message

(2) Skoda Connect services such as Remote Assistance do not seem to work unless you are in the car and it is switched on and connected to a mobile phone - which kind of makes the services useless! (and contradicts what this webpage https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/pre ... da-kodiaq/ says about how Remote Vehicle Access should work).

Pheebs

Post by Pheebs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Im pretty sure that someone else on the forum had the same problem in (1) and phoned up Skoda service who fixed it remotely.
Not sure where the conversation was on here.
My buttons on the roof also don't work but I am waiting to see if/what they do about Colins before I make a fuss.
Edition 1.4 TSI 150 PS 4x4 Quartz Grey, Panoramic sunroof, Tri-zone, Spare wheel, Tow bar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Front sensors and Heated rear seats. Ordered 30/03/17. Build week 18. Arrived 25/05. Mine 03/06 :D :D :D :D :D

Pheebs

Post by Pheebs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:54 pm

Edition 1.4 TSI 150 PS 4x4 Quartz Grey, Panoramic sunroof, Tri-zone, Spare wheel, Tow bar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Front sensors and Heated rear seats. Ordered 30/03/17. Build week 18. Arrived 25/05. Mine 03/06 :D :D :D :D :D

JohnE

Post by JohnE » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:16 am

Thanks for this. I had a somewhat frustrating call with customer services but have been promised that a technician will call Monday/Tuesday - if they do I will report back. I would also expect that my problem (2) will mean the overhead buttons won't work - is there another thread on this pleasE?

Thanks, John

bigboss

Post by bigboss » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:16 am

JohnE wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:16 am
Thanks for this. I had a somewhat frustrating call with customer services but have been promised that a technician will call Monday/Tuesday - if they do I will report back. I would also expect that my problem (2) will mean the overhead buttons won't work - is there another thread on this pleasE?

Thanks, John
Yes, I think there is. Colin Lambert has this problem too. My call button works, because my 3 year old pressed it the other day!
Kodiaq SE L, 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG, Magnetic Brown metallic, beige leather, 19" Triglav, towbar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera. Škoda ID: 98705067

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:45 am

Pheebs wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:49 pm
Im pretty sure that someone else on the forum had the same problem in (1) and phoned up Skoda service who fixed it remotely.
Not sure where the conversation was on here.
My buttons on the roof also don't work but I am waiting to see if/what they do about Colins before I make a fuss.
Mine is dragging on a bit. See my insane rant in Faults requiring warranty claim. PUT HERE> viewtopic.php?f=11&t=634&start=10#p7214

PHEEBS, PLEASE contact your dealer and Customer Services as they are aware of this problem but if people keep quiet about it they won't think it is as widespread as it is. It may well then slide down the pile of complaints and get lower priority.
Thanks.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

erniem

Post by erniem » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:27 am

I have a sim card in my glove box, but it takes a little time to get the initial connection.
It's similar to a router at home
Kodiaq 150 TDI SE-L 4x4 DSG
Media Command
3 year Infotainment
Rear heated seats
Lighting pack
Front and Rear sensors

Pheebs

Post by Pheebs » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Just to make sure I'm not a complete idiot before taking to my dealer, do you just press the button or hold for a long time?
I have tried both but just to be sure.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”