Anyone else getting these sensor errors?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
kthuno

Re: Anyone else getting these sensor errors?

Post by kthuno » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:45 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:24 am
I don't have inflated cones in any supermarkets. Driving toward s the aforementioned road name sign which used to set it off with foot on or off throttle, no longer does so. confirming my thoughts that the system is not fit for purpose!
Perhaps a Skoda Customer Care manager would like to visit my local supermarket on a sunday night and then see if it works!! :lol:
Perhaps something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbW2UgmjJUA ? :shock: :lol:
-- DSG TDI 2.0 150bhp Style

ilpolase

Post by ilpolase » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Got this problem hundreds of time starting from the first day . Left my car today where I bought it to check out what is wrong. I don't worried about the acc signal . I'm worried if the car will stop whitout sense. Don't want to be hit from the back of nothing dangerous in front of me
Kodiaq 2.0 D 2wd Style (something between SE L and Edition compared with UK market) plus some extras

Drew

Post by Drew » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Mine has said sensor impaired a few times, once on a dusty track and the other times have been very heavy rain. The front and rear traffic assist are good in some ways. The rear one actually saved my bumper as there was a bollard but leaning at 45 degree away from the car. The car beeped and slammed on the brakes. I thought what was that and then got out and looked! Saved me a costly repair!
Kodiaq 2.0tdi 190 edition 4x4 DSG with electric tow bar, canton system, spare wheel, heated front screen, quartz grey - arriving at Arbury Leamington Spa Monday and collecting Thursday 6th April.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:15 pm

Mine goes wrong (or doesn't work properly) all the time, no rain no dust no bird sh*t!!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

lecko

Post by lecko » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:59 am

Got this msg for a first time few days ago. Driving slowly on a field road, in some parts of it there was a bit taller grass.
Msg said also ACC will not work because of sensor problems.

Got the manual an it say:
1. Clean the sensor - I did, message stil there
2. Stop the car completely , and sstart again - I did, message still there

Then I diid action on my own, went into Big Infotainment Screen, found the Asssits, and first deactivated and then activated Front Assist
The message was now gone and ACC was working fine on the next 100 miles

Marinfullsuss

Post by Marinfullsuss » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:40 pm

According to the owner's manual (p 248) the Front Assist Emergency Braking only activates at lower speeds (5 to 45 km/h). The visual and audible signal will activate between 30 and 210 km/h for a moving object and 30 to 85 km/h for a stationary one. It doesn't say which way the moving object is travelling. This implies if the radar picks up stationary objects (say, the left side of the road on a right hand bend) then it may brake - however if you travel fast enough it will only emit a warning. I had my K brake twice in the first week of ownership, on a right hand bend. I adjusted the FA range to minimum and since then I've only had audible/visible warnings - no sudden (and scary) brake activation. Finally, the ACC deactivated itself once, in heavy rain. These modern systems are getting too clever for their own good.
SE Technology, 5 seats, 150 TDi, manual, 4WD, candy white, towbar, adaptive cruise control, rear camera, Amundsen sat nav, front & rear parking sensors, space saver wheel

Savage

Post by Savage » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Front assist failed once in very heavy rain (expected) Once the other day no rain and front camera/ radar area clean, got were I was going, parked, got back to car after visiting shops and restarted, all fine again.
Also had blind spot sensor fail message, went away after stopped in services for a coffee !
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

abullock82

Post by abullock82 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:52 pm

I had exactly the same warning light whilst driving up and down hills in Yorkshire during the summer. Most of the time I just received the audible warning but on one occasion the car actually performed an emergency brake!

Needless to say, it was booked in to my local Skoda garage and the front assist sensor was found to be misaligned. A few days later I got it back and haven't had any problems since. I even received a bottle of champagne from the dealer for my troubles! No issue to report since.
SE 1.4 TSI manual in black with Amundsen sat nav, rear passenger blinds, Canton, kessy and spare wheel. :D took delivery in April, based in Colchester, Essex.

MCG123

Post by MCG123 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:23 pm

I have had front assist (audible) warnings since the car was new, mainly on long right hand bends. Recently the car performed front-assist-activated stops on 2 bends with no apparent hazards. At this point I took the car to Skoda and they performed a radar software update to address this (the 91R2 update campaign). However, this made the problem considerably worse, the car now sees parked cars, bollards and road signs and gives multiple warnings each drive rather than once or twice weekly as before (Skoda requested I video this to prove my problem and so I have several videos of the alarm triggering).
My Kodiaq is now with a dealer (and has been for 2 weeks) while they seek advice from Skoda technical on what to do next. I was told that VW are well aware of this problem, the update was supposed to make the radar look 3 times instead of once for a potential hazards and prevent the problem of it over-triggering. I'm unsure whether the 91R2 update made just my car worse or impacted others too? I was also tole that the radar has ~3 different manufacturers but one part number and that they are looking into this angle too. I'm not sure why 2 different dealerships have never adjusted or replaced the radar unless they are certain that this is a software or communication event that impacts many different owners.
I hope this is helpful

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:49 pm

There are not many Skoda dealers with the necessary equipment to align the radar.

In the whole of the NW region there is only Simpsons in Preston, but this is because Skoda will not allow any other dealer to buy the necessary kit - they have given Simpsons exclusivity for the region.

Needless to say, if mine ever needs aligning I'll be off to a VW or Audi dealership, or a different region, as I wouldn't trust Simpsons to fit tyres never mind touch a safety system.
Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TSi 4x4 DSG Velvet Red with Cream Leather
DCC, ACC, Ventilated seats, Virtual pedal, Heated windscreen, washers, rear seats and leather MFSW, ACC, Ambient lighting, Park assist, Travel assist, Area view, TJA.