Pathetic windscreen washers

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Colin Lambert

Pathetic windscreen washers

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:32 am

Colin Lambert wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:04 am
Also Screen washer 'fan' spray is pretty pathetic, again compared to the Yeti. The driver's side is even more feeble than the passengers.

Anybody suffering from the underpowered screen 'fanjet' washers. I have the solution.
To remove/replace the washer block from the bonnet….
Open bonnet. grip washer block with fingers and pull down gently.To remove block from hose ….rotate the black collar (with fingers) until the unit can be pulled free. To refit ensure collar is till rotated, push male into pipe and rotate collar to closed position. Wiggle unit into hole on underside of bonnet until it clicks back into place.

Once removed.
By judicious insertion of a tiny flat screwdriver blade you can enlarge the orifice which is rectangular in shape.
Push screwdriver into the hole and gently wiggle it about to enlarge the orifice!
I now have a Tsunami hitting the windscreen on both sides.
I think there must be a batch of poorly moulded jet nozzles.
Gizmo said that some people were retro-fitting Passat fanjets. No need with my DIY solution.

Also if yo need to adjust the jet's aim. You need aforementioned tiny flat screwdriver or minuscule metric allen key too small for any of mine but I would say .75mm.
With bonnet closed turn screw anti clockwise to raise and therefore clockwise to lower.
Hope this helps anyone suffering the same problem. :D
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
“People say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”. :lol:
Winnie The Pooh.

Savage

Re: Pathetic windscreen washers

Post by Savage » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:38 pm

I don't suppose you know if the same can be applied to heated jets ?
I have no idea were the jets get heated TBH so don't want to break anything improving the trickle that exists atm !
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:02 am

I wouldn't think the actual jets are heated. But since I only have a K without heated jets I really don't know.
As I said above it is only the rectangular orifice I enlarged so I doubt that would affect the heater even if the jet IS heated. Usually on heated washer systems they heat the water as it comes from the tank., but since Skoda are so 'Simply Clever' (or at least they think they are) they may have a more efficient system.
Sorry to be of absolutely no use to you!
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
“People say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”. :lol:
Winnie The Pooh.

Gizmo68

Post by Gizmo68 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:07 pm

The actual nozzles are heated Colin.
VCDS & VCP - PM me if you want coding done

Robert

Post by Robert » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:31 pm

Heated windscreen. Does anyone know how it looks as to me there would appear no electrical elements in the glass?

Savage

Post by Savage » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:54 pm

Well yes, it turns out they are, but same method for unblocking (carefully using a suitable sized watchmakers screwdriver) as described thanks Colin, much better now.
I did not disconnect mine from the hose and wires, just unclipped the assembly and turned to access.
A T10 Torx is the required tool for adjusting ;)
No elements Robert, in certain light you may notice a slight gold tint, but mostly you wouldnt know apart from the button on the console.
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

Gizmo68

Post by Gizmo68 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:53 pm

Robert wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:31 pm
Heated windscreen. Does anyone know how it looks as to me there would appear no electrical elements in the glass?
The latest screens use a metal coating so there are no visible wires anymore.
VCDS & VCP - PM me if you want coding done

romanv

Post by romanv » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”