Build Week Delays

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
romanv

Re: Build Week Delays

Post by romanv » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:15 pm

I've been promised week 22, too, but it was moved to week 29. The production week is fixed now but can you reallly fix it 6 weeks in advance?

I don't buy it but I still hope for the best.

Otherwise I am going to choose something else because on the 14th August (7+ month later) I will be able to cancel the order and get my deposit back.
Kodiaq Style 2.0 TDI (190PS) - Lava Blue
Ordered: 12th Jan in Slovenia
Delivered: 31st Jul
Blog: https://mykodiaq.wordpress.com
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEc-7i ... WiitkxhPfg
Facebook: https://fb.me/mykodiaq
Twitter: @mykodiaq

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:25 pm

romanv wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:15 pm
I've been promised week 22, too, but it was moved to week 29. The production week is fixed now but can you reallly fix it 6 weeks in advance?

I don't buy it but I still hope for the best.

Otherwise I am going to choose something else because on the 14th August (7+ month later) I will be able to cancel the order and get my deposit back.
In the UK the build weeks are being advised as fixed 2 weeks in advance.
BW23 Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TSi 4x4 DSG Petrol Blue with Cream Leather
DCC, ACC, Ventilated seats, Virtual pedal, Heated windscreen, washers, rear seats and leather MFSW, ACC, Ambient lighting, Park assist, Travel assist, Area view, Textile floor mats.

Polar68

Post by Polar68 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:19 pm

My dealer called me end Feb with a BW of 20, so didn't delay the order. Whether they hit their quota or not, I don't know but mine was one of the first orders from this dealership. Mind, they did tell me the other week that they are not allowed to order any more stock cars, only customer's orders at the moment. And yes, I have ordered quite a few extras, such as the dreaded sunroof, as well as it being an Edition. Still, if Skoda had confirmed this order by the end of February, which they have done, how can they now, 4 months later, say they've ran out? Such horrendous service.
2.0 TSi 180 Edition, Black Magic, beige interior, Pano, DCC, Virtual Pedal, heated w/scrn & nozzle, Parking sensors, Canton VIP. Ordered 16/2/17. Finally got her home 1/9/17 :D

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:49 pm

Polar68 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:19 pm
My dealer called me end Feb with a BW of 20, so didn't delay the order. Whether they hit their quota or not, I don't know but mine was one of the first orders from this dealership. Mind, they did tell me the other week that they are not allowed to order any more stock cars, only customer's orders at the moment. And yes, I have ordered quite a few extras, such as the dreaded sunroof, as well as it being an Edition. Still, if Skoda had confirmed this order by the end of February, which they have done, how can they now, 4 months later, say they've ran out? Such horrendous service.
At the end of Feb BW20 was a provisional BW. or in English, a random number generated by the order system.

There must be something on your order that is causing it to have pushed out to BW35, then again I ordered an Edition approx 6 weeks before you and ended up with BW23. They do seem to only be building so many Editions.

Log a case with Skoda Customer Services and get them to look in to it for you.
DCC, ACC, Ventilated seats, Virtual pedal, Heated windscreen, washers, rear seats and leather MFSW, ACC, Ambient lighting, Park assist, Travel assist, Area view, Textile floor mats.

daveskis

Post by daveskis » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:41 pm

dalglir wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 9:59 pm
Activa said they would be contacting me 'later on today' to discuss delivery... and then didn't.

Fortunately, they shared the first name of the person who was going to call and I've found them on Activa's 'meet the team' page on their website (which also has each person's contact details... :o ) so sent them an enthusiastic chaser email which they'll get tomorrow morning...

Anticipation is killing me. Could be driving a new motor by the end of the week!
Hey same here. Should I get excited yet. It seems so long ago 3 May when I ordered.

dalglir

Post by dalglir » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:33 am

daveskis wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:41 pm
Hey same here. Should I get excited yet. It seems so long ago 3 May when I ordered.
You should absolutely be getting excited - its a great car to drive - though I suspect much of that depends on your previous cars... The Citroen C4GP set a fairly low bar for me! :lol: I waited 4 months for mine so, by that reckoning, you may get some excitement burn out ;)
150 PS 2.0 TDi DSG 2WD Edition.

'It's so... black!' said Ford Prefect. 'You can hardly make out its shape... light just seems to fall into it!' Zaphod said nothing. He had simply fallen in love.

tgden

Post by tgden » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:00 pm

andyvee wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:44 am
My BW was 22 for about a month and then suddenly jumped out to BW 26, then back to BW23 for a week, then was locked in at BW23 at the end of BW20. It has taken 2 weeks to go through the factory, on the Thursday of BW24 it was at the final stage of production and about to leave the factory.

So I just have the wait for the train, port and transport in the UK. Dealer is hoping to handover in 2 weeks time, but I think they are being rather optimistic to say the least, I'm fully expecting it to be at least a week after that given some of the anecdotes about waits at the port and waits for transporters in the UK.

I ordered 5th Jan - Edition 2.0 TSi DSG 4x4 in Petrol Blue & Beige Leather, with a few options:
Dynamic chassis control including drive mode selection and off-road function (PF4)
Ventilated front seats (PHD)
Virtual pedal (PK9)
Heated windscreen (PKV)
Heated leather MFSW (PLD)
Adaptive cruise control (PLI)
Ambient lighting (PN3)
Park assist (PPA)
Travel assist (PWD)
Area view with rear LED lights high (PWG)
Heated washer nozzles for front windscreen (9T1)
Heated front and rear seats (4A4)
Sun visors with mirror, illuminated (5XH)
Textile floor mats (0TD)
Hi

Your BW story sounds almost identical to mine. Is yours out of the factory yet? Mine has got as far as the final stages of production too. My dealers says that there is a list of cars that will be delayed... and mine isn't on it!

Thanks
SEL 150 TSI Petrol in Petrol Blue, front sensors as only option

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:23 pm

I'm in the dealers on Wednesday so will get an update then.

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Thought I would call for an update today - it is still in the factory on Tuesday of BW25 - so much for BW23 .........

Savage

Post by Savage » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:15 pm

Ah well, take consolation in the fact that A: you waited for the BW 22 upgrades, and B: one suspects the growing timescale might be in part due to more thorough QC :)
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”