Build Week Delays

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
IonEagleLives

Re: Build Week Delays

Post by IonEagleLives » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:46 pm

If you know the car is at Emden then you know you’re now closer to getting a delivery date than you were before it got there, I’d like to get that update. I for one have the time to take that call or read that email from the dealership.

I know of a 72 year old who’s excited about his new iPhone and often finds himself checking his order status online and there’s not a thing wrong with that either.

“Are we nearly there yet?” ;)
SE L TSI 1.4 4x4 150 | Petrol Blue | Child Pack | Crew Protection Assist | Travel Assist | Rear Side Airbags

RogerWW

Post by RogerWW » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:14 pm

"Are we nearly there yet?" :) No not yet but getting closer. Heard from dealer today car arrived at Sheerness 4 days ago. Believes car will be available at dealership for pickup next 7 - 10 days. :D
Edition, 2.0 TSI, 180PS, (7 Seats) 4x4, DSG. Moon White Metalic, Black leather. 19" Sirius Alloys, Front & Rear Sensors/Camera, Travel Assist, Ambient Lighting, Heated Screen/Washers, Sunroof, Adaptive CC, Space Saver.
Ord 1/8/17, BW 17/9/17.

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Been given a likely collection date of 5th November!
Ordered Petrol Blue 2.0TDi 190ps DSG 7 seat Edition with black leather, front/rear parking sensors, heated front windscreen/washer jets, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, driver personalisation and rear view camera. BW40

Hugh Fanism

Post by Hugh Fanism » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:21 pm

RogerWW wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:14 pm
"Are we nearly there yet?" :) No not yet but getting closer. Heard from dealer today car arrived at Sheerness 4 days ago. Believes car will be available at dealership for pickup next 7 - 10 days. :D
I hope your dealership is better than mine. My car arrived in the UK on 26th September and was at the dealership a week later. It took until yesterday for me to get a call telling me they'd messed up a couple of options and I was asked if I wanted to cancel or proceed. It then took until this evening for them call and confirm what my deposit was.

Still no finance arranged and still no registration details. I'm not sure if it's my broker or the dealership (I still don't even know who it is) to blame for the tortoise like pace. I'm rocking on now having not had a car for a month now. Given that the Kodiaq is pushing on 2 months late the lack of urgency has made me not very badword happy.
1.4 DSG SE L, council paint, ACC, blinds for the wee one and leccy child locks so I can mess with people. Ordered 14 April and now on BW36.

IonEagleLives

Post by IonEagleLives » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:42 pm

RogerWW wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:14 pm
ah! nice one mate. Looks like the average time from Emden to delivery is around 6 weeks, key word here is 'average' as it's evident on this forum there are some who have got it sooner and others not so much. I'll be happy if I get mine in 6 weeks.
SE L TSI 1.4 4x4 150 | Petrol Blue | Child Pack | Crew Protection Assist | Travel Assist | Rear Side Airbags

RogerWW

Post by RogerWW » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:04 am

Hugh Fanism wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:21 pm

I hope your dealership is better than mine. My car arrived in the UK on 26th September and was at the dealership a week later. It took until yesterday for me to get a call telling me they'd messed up a couple of options and I was asked if I wanted to cancel or proceed. It then took until this evening for them call and confirm what my deposit was.

Still no finance arranged and still no registration details. I'm not sure if it's my broker or the dealership (I still don't even know who it is) to blame for the tortoise like pace. I'm rocking on now having not had a car for a month now. Given that the Kodiaq is pushing on 2 months late the lack of urgency has made me not very badword happy.
Sorry to hear of your problems. Delivery times overall are very mixed on the forum and some seem to be fortunate with hitting the sweet spot at each juncture, ending with better than average delivery times. However a bit troubling that Skoda can't get your order correct. :shock: Please let the forum know how things turn out. Good luck.
Edition, 2.0 TSI, 180PS, (7 Seats) 4x4, DSG. Moon White Metalic, Black leather. 19" Sirius Alloys, Front & Rear Sensors/Camera, Travel Assist, Ambient Lighting, Heated Screen/Washers, Sunroof, Adaptive CC, Space Saver.
Ord 1/8/17, BW 17/9/17.

suniil

Post by suniil » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:55 am

I've got another update from dealer (Blade - Gloucester) that my car also arrived in UK and on its way to dealer.

10 days - from factory to UK port.
Order date: 10-08-17 | BW39 | ETA: 31-10-17 | Nothing fancy, just SE model with parking sensors

Tradewind25

Post by Tradewind25 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:17 pm

My order has been at status 20 for the last three weeks. My dealer has been told by Skoda UK that there are problems with Kodiaq production at present and I shouldn’t expect my car before December!

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:48 pm

Tradewind25 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:17 pm
My order has been at status 20 for the last three weeks. My dealer has been told by Skoda UK that there are problems with Kodiaq production at present and I shouldn’t expect my car before December!
Whilst our car isn't affected, when we were at the dealers on Saturday they told us there are 75 cars stuck on build code 20 as a result of problems with seats.
Ordered Petrol Blue 2.0TDi 190ps DSG 7 seat Edition with black leather, front/rear parking sensors, heated front windscreen/washer jets, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, driver personalisation and rear view camera. BW40

stuartAK

Post by stuartAK » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:07 pm

Having just ordered my car I am finding reading this topic a bit depressing , I might of gone a different route had i read it before i ordered .
Does anyone have reliable statistics of typical waiting times?
As example how long after order do you have any information?
I would guess I am looking at March 2018 which seems an very long way off
Ordered Kodiaq Edition 2.0TDI 4x4 DCC ACC Rear Camera Virtual Pedal Black Beige trim

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”