Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Build Week Delays

172K views 434 replies 93 participants last post by  Cadence 
#1 ·
I have just spoken to my dealer who confirms that my build date has gone from week 22 to week 33 i.e. delivery August/September. He says that the Factory has run out of 7 seats configuration, 2.00 TSI engines and DSG!! Any body else getting the same info or has my dealer sold my car to someone else?
Ordered 23rd February
Quartz grey Edition 2.00 TSI DSG with just about every extra.

#202 ·
igi_79 said:
My first post on this forum (sorry for my czenglish):

To all from NZ - your estimation stays on presumption that your K will be made in Czech republic, but they are also made in Ukraine and China...

When I ordered mine, here in Prague, more that 2 weeks ago, I was told that the most optimistic delivery time could be in March 2018. They even advised me to order a new Karoq instead of Kodiaq as the smaller car has still some empty production slots for czech dealers.
Hmmm.... I was under the distinct impression that only the Kvasiny factory in Czechia would be assembling the Kodiaqs. Perhaps your information is about the actual manufacturing of parts as this is most likely to be done all around the globe as you also imply.

#203 ·
#205 ·
igi_79 said:
No, factories in Ukraine (from 03/2017) and China are really official production sites. Here in Czech republic it was a big news in media - https://zpravy.aktualne.cz/ekonomika/auto/skoda-auto-zacala-sve-nove-suv-kodiaq-montovat-i-na-ukrajine/r~3efbcf3208b411e7b0800025900fea04/ (use translator)
Kvasiny factory had to make some capacity for the new Karoq (which shares the same production line also with Ateca)

I understand that UK dealers doesn't promote this fact to customers.
Ouch... my information is indeed insufficient! Thanks for the enlightenment - I stand corrected!. Here in Denmark we have only heard (at least for my part) about the Kvasiny factory but it seems logical to expand to support delivery in different areas.

#207 ·
The VIN may not necessary show where the vehicle is built , it is common to show the head office rather than country of build , I have an IVECO van showing country of origin as Italy but was actually built in Spain according to the data plate under the bonnet . Wikipedia has good information showing this is common in Europe.
Bruce.

#208 ·
igi_79 said:
My first post on this forum (sorry for my czenglish):

To all from NZ - your estimation stays on presumption that your K will be made in Czech republic, but they are also made in Ukraine and China...

When I ordered mine, here in Prague, more that 2 weeks ago, I was told that the most optimistic delivery time could be in March 2018. They even advised me to order a new Karoq instead of Kodiaq as the smaller car has still some empty production slots for czech dealers.
I spoke with the local NZ sales manager in June at an agricultural field day stand Skoda had. I mentioned the China and Ukraine factories and he stated that the NZ cars were from the Czech factory.

#211 ·
Tom1 said:
Ordered April 21 Ireland.
Most recent update was build week 36 but then that has now been removed and no idea again when build will happen.
Dealer suspects at this stage it will be well into October.

Kodiaq 2.0tdi ambition 7 seat with a few extras.
just wondering Tom1 have u any update of late

#212 ·
Got an official answer from skoda saying they had no update and no projected build week. So 4 months gone and still no idea of a build week. I'm expecting January at this rate. Maybe it will be gold plated..

Ordered 21 April
2.0tdi dsg ambition 7 seat Ireland

#213 ·
Had the very good news from my broker today that my Kodiaq has arrived at the UK port, well ahead of schedule, and will be with the dealer shortly. Originally expected delivery in October, so was asked the question .. " Are happy to receive it in September ? " ... Too bl**dy right !!
So from ordering 16th June it's been just over 9 weeks to arrive in the UK.

#214 ·
It's an absolute joke how Skoda are dealing with these orders ,some only waiting few wks for same model others taking 5+ months , I'm waiting over 4 so far have been told it will be 12th September but not one bit confident going on what others are been told

G
#218 ·
Dropped by my dealer in Dublin tonight : car ordered on 24/03 has been built and is waiting in Emden for shipping to Ireland. It will hopefully arrive Sept 4th ... fingers crossed :)
Can't wait as my friend who ordered 2 weeks before me picked his up yesterday and it looks great.

Style 150 DSG with loads of goodies.

#219 ·
I contacted my Cork dealer a couple of days ago about the possibility of adding a retractable towbar. Latest status I had been given was delivery towards end of October. He responded after 24 hours saying it was too late to make any order changes unfortunately.

Any idea what that means regarding the build week/status?

Order was 07 April 2017

#220 ·
Your order gets 'locked' 2-3 weeks ahead of your scheduled build date

#222 ·
Reading through this thread, I see a huge discrepancy in the wait times between placing an order and actual build. Anyone know why? I'm guessing it depends on part availability (perhaps engine configuration) ??
I placed my order last Friday and I was told the "estimated" build week would be 41. 7 weeks is not too bad seeing some of the wait times here. But I'm afraid that might change :? .

#223 ·
1. Each country has its own quota - Czech republic had only 4000 Kodiaqs for 2017. Some dealers are even trying to reimport cars from other countries.
2. TSI engines are much more popular than it was expected so 110kW adds +6W at least. For TSI 132kW Skoda dealer couldn't even estimate delay.
3. Delays from subcontractors - partly finnished cars are parking near Prague without the rear seats... https://www.google.cz/maps/place/50%C2%B011'13.5%22N+14%C2%B050'50.8%22E/@50.1870833,14.8459632,397m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d50.187093!4d14.847437

#225 ·
New Zealand has only been allocated 380.

#226 ·
Broker tells me it's going ahead on BW36(next week). Hopefully that means an early to mid October delivery. Current car is going back to the leasing company in the middle of September so the less time I've got without a car the better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.