Any sightings in your area?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
iwarv

Re: Any sightings in your area?

Post by iwarv » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:25 pm

Only 3 since launch. Are Skoda telling porkies about their popularity?
I have seen about 5 over the last 6 months.

Last one joined me in the queue at Eurotunnel making our way back to Blighty on 3 Jan this year. A silver one with roof rack. Judging my the wheel trim I think theirs was an Edition.

The Kodiaq seems far from popular.
Or I am not as observant as I could be.
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

Hugh Fanism

Post by Hugh Fanism » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:11 pm

iwarv wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:25 pm
Only 3 since launch. Are Skoda telling porkies about their popularity?
I have seen about 5 over the last 6 months.

Last one joined me in the queue at Eurotunnel making our way back to Blighty on 3 Jan this year. A silver one with roof rack. Judging my the wheel trim I think theirs was an Edition.

The Kodiaq seems far from popular.
Or I am not as observant as I could be.
They just can't make enough of them so they're scarce on the roads and will be for a while.

When picking up mine a salesman at the dealership had just sold a Karoq and I mentioned I could never buy a car I hadn't driven. The salesman didn't even care if the customer had a test drive later and decided to cancel as he would be delighted to have the car in stock to sell to someone else. Different car, same shit. Skoda dealers have got it good right now.
1.4 DSG SE L, council blue, acc.
"Johnny ain't so crazy, he's always got a line for the ladies"

MoominPapa

Post by MoominPapa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:38 pm

There are plenty about. I've lost count of sightings. I have seen 4 different ones today. I have moved about from Hampshire through to Sussex over the 7 months I have had mine though, so covering quite a patch.
Driving since May 2017 a 1.4TSI 2WD DSG Edition in Petrol Blue. Car finally sorted after 9 trips to workshop. Currently running on "winter boots".

Jon Edwards

Post by Jon Edwards » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:52 pm

Most are probably in dry dock at the local Skoda dealers being repaired for all the technical faults they have.... a tad cynical but probably accurate.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Ordered 3rd April - Build Week 26 - Collected 17 August

eugem

Post by eugem » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:08 pm

I have seen three in Birmingham since I ordered mine in November. All looked good, although one was a dealership demo I think. 😊
1.4 SE 125 6g man. brill silver metallic. kess . dms.elec folding auto dim mirrors.lumbar support,

MyKodi

Post by MyKodi » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:15 pm

I'm starting to see a few more around Farnborough now. There are 2 quartz grey ones, 2 white ones other than mine and a Cappuccino Beige one that seem to be within a 5 mile radius, not counting the local dealer demonstrators that is.
Candy White SEL 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4 Triglav DCC ACC and other toys. Ordered 03/03/17. Collected 30/05/17.

H2UBS

Post by H2UBS » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:10 pm

Saw a rare viewing of the Bradley Wiggins advert on tv today. Not seen one since the launch !
2.0 tdi SE L 4x4 190 DSG, 5 Seats, Business Grey, dark Alcantara, Triglavs, tow bar. Delivered 15th Sept.

SimonM

Post by SimonM » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:20 am

Have now seen two in Loughton in the last week or so. One silver and one petrol blue.
Edition 190 4x4 auto in black with reversing camera, front parking sensors and towbar.

andyvee

Post by andyvee » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:31 am

I see at least 2 a day on my commute round the M60 from M66 to M56 Manchester Airport
Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TSi 4x4 DSG Velvet Red with Cream Leather
DCC, ACC, Ventilated seats, Virtual pedal, Heated windscreen, washers, rear seats and leather MFSW, ACC, Ambient lighting, Park assist, Travel assist, Area view, TJA.

Estophilux

Post by Estophilux » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:35 pm

They're really all over the place here in Luxland. I see them everywhere. In fact I was going to say they're becoming two a penny, but that would indicate they're so common that they're of little value, and I hope it's not quite come to that yet.

I've just been in the UK for a long weekend these past few days and was happy to spot a couple yesterday - a petrol/lava blue one on the road between Peterborough and Spalding, and a grey one near Stansted airport. In general, though, it seems to me that Skoda continues to be under-represented on the roads in the UK, compared to the numbers in the Benelux countries, Germany, Scandinavia and the Baltic States.
Kodiaq 2.0 TSI Style, Lava Blue, Triton, DSG7, 7 seats, Columbus, Canton, pano roof, black perf. leather heated seats, DCC, ACC, TJA, night pack, rough road pack, sport steering wheel, alu pedals

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”