Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

NEW ARRIVAL ~DETAILS

199K views 265 replies 97 participants last post by  scratch113 
#1 ·
Car after you have picked it up today. List here please, with pictures, if you wish, comments etc.
Thanks.

#2 ·
Well I was meant to be picking up mine at 1pm today but there's some issue with getting not just mine on the road but other people's too at the garage all to do with getting it taxed . Does anyone else have this issue?

#3 ·
No sorry. Bluddy brilliant. At lunch now more late with pics they should call THIS ONE the SUPERB!

#5 ·
I'm just raging because I took the day off with the kids so it's cost me money already. And I can't even get the car... :evil:

#6 ·
Oh dear what a BUMMA!. Why could they not get them registered and taxed?? how very odd. I hope you get it tomorrow. I assume they did them on line?
Mine.
Got to Meadens at 10,30 left at 11.30
What a FANTASTIC car. So quiet, acceleration even with only 8 miles on the clock was very brisk. better than the 1.2 Yeti in spite of the extra weight.
Obviously did not give it 'full helping of beans'.
Very comfortable extremely smooth ride on good surfaces, slightly thumpy on pot holes but very muted. Not a jarring thump like the Yeti.
Steering has been criticised by Journos as too light. I disagree, I think it is just right.
Hankook tyres (as we thought) on the Triglavs.
As usuual for Skoda excellent comfortable seats. (Mine Alcantara), heated with lumbar support.
HUGE boot. Very happy hounds.
I haven't had the chance to explore all the gizmology yet. But it seems very well designed. Build quality is absolutely fabulous. Lovely 'clunky' doors
only 2 slight negatives. which really are irrelevant .
1. Turning circle. an FX 4 this is NOT! considerably worse than a Yeti but then it is nearly 3 feet longer!.
2.Sat nav does not show speed.
3. Just discovered. The remote range is cr@p compared to the Yeti. Latter would lock/unlock from inside the house and shut the sunroof. Kodiaq won't & won't even shut the sunroof when standing next to the car. Have to start the engine, shut the roof, then turn the ringings of
Am I a happy chappy too dam' right I am. What an absolutely fan-bloody-tastic car. Worth all the frustrations and the long wait.
More updates as I get more into the techy bits. Any other questions, just ask & I will try to answer them.

#11 ·
Not jealous at all Colin....

:? :?

Really happy about my choice after seeing yours.... gorgeous colour! Still don't like the wheels... but I'll sort that out later.

#13 ·
OlivierW11 said:
Not jealous at all Colin....

:? :?
+1. Will wait my turn. The short range of remote is a purposed thing. If keys have long range, I've had my wife open my car without the key and drive off with keys still hung up indoors...

#14 ·
Wow!!! Absolutely fantastic!!!

#15 ·
Looks awesome, I think I would have picked the light interior if I did t have 3 dirty wee kids

#17 ·
It won't play on my phone. But if the reg is LHD Then it is mine. Meadens have just opened Their hugely expensive new showroom and it has this car sized bay with a one way view (can't see in from outside) glass door.
Sitting in the showroom, there is a white glass wall . Tom says "if you want to see your car, press this button". And passed you a remote control. The white wall then goes completely clear etc voila, there is your shiny new car. The the glass wall openness & in you go to hug your new car. Fantastic and VERY clever. Well done MEADENS.

#21 ·
Picked up today and did 100 mile trip around A & B roads of Norfolk. No dual carriageway (there are no motorways in Norfolk). Also drove this evening to test lights.
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

These are MY observations on MY car. We have all made our own choices and have our own opinions.

When I ordered my car in December I hadn't seen one (there wasn't one in the Country) and knew I wouldn't be able to drive one before delivery. I read every review available, and they were all glowing.

So off the two of us went. The ride and handling are excellent (coming from an Octavia) and very quiet. For a big car I was surprised how responsive the steering is.

The DSG auto box is almost invisible, although I have yet to developed a technique for smooth starts from stationary (my last auto had a torque converter).

Lovely to be behind an eager petrol engine again, which accelerates the heavyish car impressively with a hushed growl.

Seats are bliss. I know there has been discussion and some criticism of middle second row seat, which I can understand, however the bench has evidently been primarily developed to seat two adults in comfort, which it does. I would happily be a passenger to say Italy in one of the second row seats. Haven't tried third row yet, but for me they will always be "occasional".

ACC cruise & station-keeping is amAzing! Distance from vehicle in front can be adjusted, from so far away that others overtake into it, to too damn close for comfort! Somewhere in the middle suites me and my passenger perfectly. It is possible to catch it out when the car in front moves out of the radar beam, on a sharp corner or changing lane coming into roundabout, so don't relax totally...

Self-dipping LED headlights are a work of art. 50% brighter than Octavia's xenons, with much more long range penetration. Dipping & return for oncoming traffic is perfect. The lights auto-dip below 40 mph, but that can be over ridden.

I have lots more to learn, and am looking forward to it. 200 work miles tomorrow - Yippee!!

Attachments

#23 ·
So so jealous of you all but please keep the reports coming!! Fantastic photo on the beach there!