Real MPG!?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Esnw33430

Re: Real MPG!?

Post by Esnw33430 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:06 pm

Will I'm 5000 miles in in this motor, it has improved slightly to 37-38 mpg. Long runs make little difference either, every now and again i can get 42mpg driving like a nun but why would you in a tdi 190?

Short runs and it's 27mpg, so she has a little like of the tipple it seems.... and on a fast motorway run I don't even look at fuel economy, I just make sure it full before I start and wait for the light ( and it will come on soon enough lol). On a plus point the nectar and Tesco points balance is looking good.
Ordered 24/10/17 build w46, arrived 23/12/17. Edition TDI 190 7 sp dsg 4x4 / 7 seats / acc / folding towbar / heated wheel with dsg paddles in petrol blue. I'm in Wigan :D :D

Serengwalia

Post by Serengwalia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:06 pm

There seems to be a wide range of outcomes reported here, there are no certainties it would seem, and the results presumably reflect the differing driving circumstances of the owners.

I too have had a TDI 190 since January with just under 4,000 miles on the clock and live in rural Northumberland. I do very little city driving to be fair and even trips to tbe supermarket involve 30+ mile round trips but my current long term mileage is 42.3 mpg and on some long runs down to Coventry and back it has happily cleared 46 mpg. I don't think I drive lightly, speed limits are "variable"after all but the state of the B & C class roads most of my driving is on do not encourage dramatic driving to be fair. My previous V70 Volvo cleared about 49/52 mpg and the results from the Kodiaq I find pleasantly surprising and fully acceptable for a large, heavy car. No doubt it would not be my first choice for urban/suburban travel or short journies but for my situation it works very well.
Kodiaq 7 seat 190 TDi 4x4 SE L DSG Moon White DCC, Heated Windscreen, Front and Rear sensors, leather upholstery, Columbus infotainment, parking assistant.

H2UBS

Post by H2UBS » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:02 am

Serengwalia wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:06 pm
There seems to be a wide range of outcomes reported here, there are no certainties it would seem, and the results presumably reflect the differing driving circumstances of the owners.

.... my current long term mileage is 42.3 mpg and on some long runs down to Coventry and back it has happily cleared 46 mpg.
Agreed .. your figures are really quite good compared to mine. After 6k miles my long term consumption is just 33.4 mpg and I have to drive really sedately to squeeze 40 mpg out on a long run, ( and that's with two less seats and no spare wheel ! )
2.0 tdi SE L 4x4 190 DSG, 5 Seats, Business Grey, dark Alcantara, Triglavs, tow bar. Delivered 15th Sept.

Daddy2Bears

Post by Daddy2Bears » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:43 am

I was worried just after collection as I was getting 33 mpg no matter how I drove. With 3k on the clock I'm now getting 39 average, with low 40s possible on longer motorway runs. I'm hoping the upward trend continues.

I've found dropping the box to sport mode around town increases mpg. I think it's due to sport dropping a gear and keeping higher revs, so off throttle cuts fuel sooner, whereas drive will dump fuel for a bit before dropping the gear when you want more speed.
190 TDI 7 Seat Edition
Petrol Blue, Black Leather, Front Isofix, Tow bar Prep, Canton, Spare Wheel, ACC, Park Assist, Heated W/S-Wipers, Alu Pedals, Area View, Ambient Lighting, Personal Drive Mode Select
Various VAG-COM tweaks

JKSKodi

Post by JKSKodi » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:39 pm

After 3000 miles getting 46 on short runs to work and back. Just done 300 miles south to Edinburgh on A9 (mixed single and dual carriageway) and got 56 mpg. Both these figures confirmed at fill up time (I always fill to second click off on the pump).

2wd and sticking to the 150TDI was an obvious choice for my location and realitively high mileage.
Delighted given its a big car - previous was a discovery 4 which barely made 30mpg on a long run.
Ordered 12 August: 2.0TDi 150 DSG (2WD) Edition 5 seats Petrol blue, beige Interior, Sunroof, Front parking sensors, Rear view camera, heated windscreen

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:41 am

Well am I glad I didn't waste my ££ on a TDi !
Mind you I only do about 6k a year. With mainly very short runs, not really getting to proper running temp.
But I am getting 30-33 round town and best ever cross country 44 so bearing in mind the price difference between the two fuels I'm doing just about as well as you 'Oily boys'.
Just done 6000 and in for it's birthday service on Monday.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Pink72

Post by Pink72 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:54 pm

Money is torque Colin 🤡
Kodiaq 2.0tdi 190 4x4 DSG quartz metallic - canton, heated steering wheel, screen & rear seats, ambient light, media cmd, personalisation drive mode, front parking sensors, tri zone climate control, vico opia2 cash cam, Thule wingbars.

Pink72

Post by Pink72 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:57 pm

Averaging 35 on local short trips. Longer runs low to mid 40s. Careful motorway driving on cruise achieve 49.6 best.
Kodiaq 2.0tdi 190 4x4 DSG quartz metallic - canton, heated steering wheel, screen & rear seats, ambient light, media cmd, personalisation drive mode, front parking sensors, tri zone climate control, vico opia2 cash cam, Thule wingbars.

My1stskoda

Post by My1stskoda » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:35 am

Most of the runs in our 2.0tsi are school and local, typically no more than 3 miles start stop, no more than 40 mph etc - and it sits at 25mpg - which when i see 27mpg reported on the diesel equivalent seems pretty reassuring. Anyway 2 weeks ago we did a round trip to Austria with friends in a 3.0d X3. Inerestingly we found after stopping and filling at the same points, that the petrol Kodiaq was cheaper than the diesel - typically 55 Euro to cover the same distance as 58 Euro for the diesel. I recall we had a similar mid 20s mpg on our previous 2.0d X3 auto for our local runs. So it seems the real world figures for my driving style over the same roads and conditions is pretty similar to an X3 diesel. Quiet impressed really since I expected it to be much less economical.
Delivered September 2017, Petrol Blue, 180TSI SEL, sunroof, DCC, rear airbags, heated rear seats, rear parking sensors, parking camera, heated windscreen, beige leather - great car!

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:41 am

Just back from Sherborne to Poole 42.0
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”