Real MPG!?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Italy Paul

Real MPG!?

Post by Italy Paul » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi all, I was looking at the website : http://www.nextgreencar.com . They have "Real MPG " figures based on their algorithm of 40mpg for the 2.0 TDI 150hp DSG (7 seat) and 32.6 mpg for the 1.4 TSi 125 hp (7 Seat). See links below.
http://www.nextgreencar.com/view-car/62 ... l-6-speed/
http://www.nextgreencar.com/view-car/62 ... c-7-speed/

I would like to see other forum members comments on these figures. Are they likely to be realistic based on what you know about these engines and size of the cars.
Delivered 1.4 TSI 125, Active, manual, 7 seater, jungle green.

Colin Lambert

Re: Real MPG!?

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:11 pm

I had a look at the figures, but they don't really apply to any of us on the forum with a 1.4 because for some reason they have tested the 125BHP manual version and I don't think anyone has ordered one of those have they.
Those of you that are current Skoda owners know that DSG gear boxes obtain slightly better consumption than manuals.
Honest John has the same sort of site, but relies on real people reporting real MPG. Admittedly it is the old 105BHP Yeti,
The quoted
https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/skoda/yeti-2009
How can Nextgreencar give accurate figures when the cars are not even in the public domain yet. so you can probably guess how much credence I give to Nextgreencar figures. ;)
1.4 DSG Kodiaq I think from Memory gives 44mpg average. I shall expect to get about the same as the Yeti as the Kodiaq is 18BHp more than they yeti and only a bit heavier.

110BHP Yeti is quoted below.
I consistently get 44mpg urban, average 42mpg* (my usage is predominantly very short cold engine runs with a blast at weekends) and the most I have ever got on a long run at 65-70 mph is 54.1
So you can probably work out what credence I give to the Nextgreencar figures!
Urban mpg 43.5 mpg
Extra Urban mpg 56.5 mpg
Average mpg 51.4 mpg*

CO2 emissions 128g/km
Annual Tax £110
Performance
Engine power 108 bhp
Engine size 1197 cc
Brochure Engine size 1.2 litres
Acceleration (0-60mph) 11.0 seconds
Top speed 110 mph
Drivetrain Front Wheel Drive
Practicality
No. of doors 5
No. of seats 5
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

MoominPapa

Post by MoominPapa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:52 pm

I'm not too fussed. The 1.4 TSI will do much better than my current real world average 18.9mpg from a large naturally aspirated v6.

These theoretical mpg calculations don't quite factor in the mechanicals needing break in time, the terrain and style/type of driving. I'm sure once our Kodiaqs hit the road for a few months, we can report back on a range of real world mpgs.
Driving since May 2017 a 1.4TSI 2WD DSG Edition in Petrol Blue. Car finally sorted after 9 trips to workshop. Currently running on "winter boots".

Zach

Post by Zach » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:23 am

10.5l/100km for the 2.0 TSI is a tad more efficient than my 2.5 Nissan X-Trail while having more power and way more torque which is very good!
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles| RS to come..?

tumppi

Post by tumppi » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:24 pm

We had official lauch date last week and now every skoda dealer has 2 Kodiaqs available for test drive.
I had 1.4TSI 150hp DSG 2WD Kodiaq today for a few hours spin.

Very firm car to drive takes small holes from the road quite unnoticeable and won´t twist or tilt noticeably. Ofcourse you can feel the weight and height but was not bad at all.
Very! silent until highway speeds. After 90kmh you´ll start to hear bit tyres and wind but considering price tag it was in acceptable levels. Car was fitted with 235R18 non studded winter tyres so those are bit noisier for sure.
Average consumption was 6-7L until I went to highway. 100kmh limit drowe about 110. Consumption rocketed to 9-11L depending on situation. But again, winter tyres tend to increase consumption by 10-15%

Overall very pleasant acquaintance. Highway consumption was only downside. That was 2wd car so expect higher figures with 4wd cars.
150hp 1.4 engine was enough for 2 persons.

Dr_Pepper

Post by Dr_Pepper » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:38 am

Thanks for the review.

This might be a silly question but does anyone know why the mpg for the 4x4 is so much lower than the 2nd? I'm given to understand that with this system the back wheels only engage when the front wheels lose traction which presumably won't happen on the motorway, so shouldn't motorway mpg be the same?

MoominPapa

Post by MoominPapa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Dr_Pepper wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:38 am
This might be a silly question but does anyone know why the mpg for the 4x4 is so much lower than the 2nd? I'm given to understand that with this system the back wheels only engage when the front wheels lose traction which presumably won't happen on the motorway, so shouldn't motorway mpg be the same?
The 4wd system adds an extra 90kg of weight that you have to haul around.
Driving since May 2017 a 1.4TSI 2WD DSG Edition in Petrol Blue. Car finally sorted after 9 trips to workshop. Currently running on "winter boots".

Savage

Post by Savage » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:15 pm

And, I imagine, offers more rolling resistance.
Superb 280 4x4 Sportline in Black Magic.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Not a silly question at all.
Probably because you have a Haldex system (like a transfer box) and a back axle with diff to drag around and cause friction even when not being driven. Most cars with Haldex system (or any 4WD systems for that matter will suffer from worse MPG than their 2WD counterparts).
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

KodiaqNZ

Post by KodiaqNZ » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:26 am

With only 330 k's (Just over 200 miles) on the clock I have an average of 8.6 L/100KM (32.8 mpg). Mainly open road driving on the way home from the dealers. (Took the scenic route) ;)
Very happy with that result with the tight motor an the occasional stint in sport mode to vary the rpms.
Family love it.
'Storm Shadow'
Kodiaq Ambition+ 1.4 TSI 110 kW 4x4, Quartz Grey, Black Leather, Seven Seat. Tow Bar, Trailer Assist, Parking Assist, Blind Spot Monitor, Tinted Windows, Area View.
Ordered 31-05-17, Delivered 4-11-17. :D
Waikato, New Zealand

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”