Help choosing Kodiaq Model Please 🙂

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Colin Lambert

Re: Help choosing Kodiaq Model Please 🙂

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:41 am

SinglePointSafety wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:53 pm
Regarding the 'ridiculous' 40-section tyres (which, round here, would be destroyed in a few months by th abysmal roads) these can of course be replaced by 'proper' wheel/tyre combo with, say, 55-, 60- or even 65-section tyres, albeit at some expense, so you can still have the trim level you desire but a more sensible wheel/tyre set. When the car is sold, re-fit original wheels, sell the others.

Please note.....
That if you go to higher profile tyres you will have to change the wheels as well to remain legal and also you MUST inform your insurance company.
For example. a 19 inch rim with 225 40 tyres would, for a 60 aspect tyre require a SIXTEEN inch wheel with 215 60 tyres. This maintains the original rolling radius of the 19" 40 aspect set up.
This will maintain the original legal accuracy of the speedometer.
If you do go that route look for pre-owned wheels/tyres on Kodiaq, Karoq, Yeti, Octavia and Briskoda forums (& eBay} as all those models CAN have the same wheel dimensions, including, of course, many other VAG models. (I know 'cos I've done just that!)
Sportline .1.5DSG. Race Blue. S/s spare, KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

carlosfandang

Post by carlosfandang » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:25 pm

Hi, I have been using this forum for the last 6 months to decide what to buy - bought yesterday finally!!

Live in London, ULEZ, previous issues with Volvo XC60 Diesel DPF problems and we do low mileage (8K p.a). So torn between whether 1.5 TSI Petrol or 2.0 TSI would be best. END OF ... bought 1.5 TSI DSG and it is an absolute dream. My wife and I are over 6 foot and we had our sister and brother in law in the car (and they are over 6 foot 3!!!). 2 kids in the 3rd rear seats and a dog - no problem whatsoever ... and I can assure you that's a lot of KG's / Stone in the car. I am so pleased after not knowing what to do. I've always come from 2L plus diesels with grunt and literally sweated trying to work out what to so. But, I am so pleased / relieved with the choice - I am no petrol head, but I put the foot to the pedal merging onto the A3 at speed with this lot in the car and it went - doubts over.
Kodiaq, Grey 1.5 TSI Se L DSG (7 Seats)

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:15 am

Well done. Good choice!
Sportline .1.5DSG. Race Blue. S/s spare, KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:02 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:41 am
SinglePointSafety wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:53 pm
Regarding the 'ridiculous' 40-section tyres (which, round here, would be destroyed in a few months by th abysmal roads) these can of course be replaced by 'proper' wheel/tyre combo with, say, 55-, 60- or even 65-section tyres, albeit at some expense, so you can still have the trim level you desire but a more sensible wheel/tyre set. When the car is sold, re-fit original wheels, sell the others.

Please note.....
That if you go to higher profile tyres you will have to change the wheels as well to remain legal and also you MUST inform your insurance company.
For example. a 19 inch rim with 225 40 tyres would, for a 60 aspect tyre require a SIXTEEN inch wheel with 215 60 tyres. This maintains the original rolling radius of the 19" 40 aspect set up.
This will maintain the original legal accuracy of the speedometer.
If you do go that route look for pre-owned wheels/tyres on Kodiaq, Karoq, Yeti, Octavia and Briskoda forums (& eBay} as all those models CAN have the same wheel dimensions, including, of course, many other VAG models. (I know 'cos I've done just that!)
Colin, thanks for this, yes, I should have made it absolutely clear that changing the tyre profile does of course mean changing the wheels. My insurance company were totally happy because I've gone the 'correct' way and not put larger, more expensive (and fragile) wheels on the car. On the Kodiaq, 17-inch wheels with 65-profile tyres are the ones on the Skoda recommended tyre/wheel combination (many people use this combo with winter tyres)
Kodiaq Edition 2.0TSi Business Grey, with some extras

CEL321

Post by CEL321 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:25 pm

Kenny R wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:07 pm
Firstly I would check that the 12 year old is happy enough squeezing into the 3rd row.
The SEL is a decent spec and I would go for the newest within your budget.
Petrol is the wise choice as diesels don’t like short journeys.
As to 1.5 or 2.0 you need to factor in if you really need the 4x4 that comes with the 2.0 and the additional running and maintenance costs involved.
I currently have the 2.0 tsi but due to the above and the £500 road tax on a new 2.0 tsi, I’m changing to the 1.5 tsi on my new Kodiaq order.
Is the reference to £500 road tax related to the list price exceeding £40K ? You can get a 2.0 tsi SEL for quite a bit less than £40K.
2.0 TSI Scout. Driver Assistance package and Dynamic Chassis Control

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:40 pm

Perhaps I should have put, £500 road tax on a new 2.0 TSI Sportline, I’m changing to the 1.5 TSI on my new Kodiaq Sportline order in my post, sorry for confusion.
I did price up a 2.0 TSI SEL and by the time I changed the wheel from the hideous Trigravs, added the Columbus sat nav as sel now has Amundsen and a few other extras I’m sure it did break the £40k threshold , but can’t check for sure as 2.0 TSI currently not available on SEL on configurator.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat.
17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.
On Order: Race Blue 1.5 tsi DSG Sportline. Heated windscreen/ steering wheel, virtual cockpit, family pack and Canton sound system. Due September

carlosfandang

Post by carlosfandang » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:25 pm

Well, that was my only shock - Road Tax. All my research, etc and I missed the £40k bracket. Our Se L was Oct 2020 and selling for £28.5 (4.5k miles). I have now discovered it is listed with DVLA as Listed price of £40K+ (not sure why - has front and rear sensors, but no other great frills). So buyer beware, extra circa £2k over 5 years in tax.

As it happens, I am sill happy with this, but it is a miss on my behalf and something to be wary of.

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:46 am

carlosfandang wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:25 pm
Well, that was my only shock - Road Tax. All my research, etc and I missed the £40k bracket. Our Se L was Oct 2020 and selling for £28.5 (4.5k miles). I have now discovered it is listed with DVLA as Listed price of £40K+ (not sure why - has front and rear sensors, but no other great frills). So buyer beware, extra circa £2k over 5 years in tax.

As it happens, I am sill happy with this, but it is a miss on my behalf and something to be wary of.
There must be some mistake, unless your 1.5 SEL has every conceivable extra, there’s no way it would be over £40k.
I would be contacting DVLA and asking why.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat.
17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.
On Order: Race Blue 1.5 tsi DSG Sportline. Heated windscreen/ steering wheel, virtual cockpit, family pack and Canton sound system. Due September

carlosfandang

Post by carlosfandang » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:27 pm

Sorry, been away and only just seen this - this has been used by a disabled charity as a "taxi" - low mileage, and they swap out cars every year. Dealer didn't say anything and after a follow up, weren't that helpful. Not sure how to find out original List Price, but will contact DVLA and ask the question. Thank you for your response.