Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

2018 Import (Uk->Ireland) with no service history

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Colin Lambert 
#1 ·
Hi,

1st time poster as I'm on on the cusp of buying a 2018 (Jan) 2.0 TDI DSG 7 seater. I've just realised the ONLY service history available is at 27000 miles Dec 2020 just before it got MOT. So 1year and 2year oil change status etc is unknown! :eek:
Would this be common? Last time I bought a car service books were the norm but I know that's no longer the case. Buying without FSH makes me nervous.

Talking to Skoda dealer that serviced it in Bath in Dec 2020 they could tell me no other Skoda dealer has ever serviced it.

Advice? :?:

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Try contacting Skoda Customer Service to see if they can shed any light on it.
0333 003 7504.
Are you buying it privately or from a Skoda dealer? If you decide to risk it (I fSUK can't help) I would beat them down on whatever they are asking.
If it is from a non Skoda dealer I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole without FSH. A Skoda dealer should give you a years full warranty.
Good luck

#4 ·
Ask to see the V5C (reg document to check previous owner. How many owners etc.
If there is ANY reluctance/excuse to not show you. WALK AWAY!

Personally I would do full research on it before parting with any money.
If you are in the Republic, you should be aware that any Skodas officially in Ireland are EU models which may differ in some aspects to U.K. models. I which case I would buy in Ireland not N.I.
I have no knowledge regarding the servicing of leased cars, sorry.

Why would a Nissan dealer import a Skoda? Does it have U.K. reg number or Irish.
If you are in any way unhappy about it, walk away, otherwise it may 'bug' you forever, wondering if you have done the right thing.
Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.