Service history at local garage

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
idomz

Service history at local garage

Post by idomz » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:16 am

Hi,

First MOT coming up for the car soon. It won't be under PCP beyond this month as I've decided to keep the car.

Price quoted by the dealer for service and mot is much higher than the independent place I get my other car serviced.

I understand the local won't be able to update the digital service history. Would that affect the value of the car if I decide to sell it later? Would I be able to request for the digital records till date from Skoda to have the complete history if I need them?

The car's hardly had any miles on it this year with the lockdown and working from home, so I'm not sure I need to spend the dealer price on a full service.

Appreciate your views.
Cappuccino Beige 1.4 150 DSG 7 seat Edition, Black leather, Panoramic roof, Adaptive cruise control, Traffic sign recognition, Area View, Park assist, Drive Mode Personalisation and Child pack. Ordered 29 Sep, Delivered Dec 2nd

Zach

Re: Service history at local garage

Post by Zach » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:33 am

As long as you keep your invoices it shouldn't prove an issue.
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

JamieK

Re: Service history at local garage

Post by JamieK » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:52 pm

idomz wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:16 am
Price quoted by the dealer for service and mot is much higher than the independent place I get my other car serviced.

I understand the local won't be able to update the digital service history. Would that affect the value of the car if I decide to sell it later?
As per above. People want to know the service history of a vehicle, I'm not quite sure what a 'dealer' service history adds in monetory terms. Sod all it would seem.

That said, if it's a local garage then you could always ask your dealer for a price match. I'm assuming your loacal indi will be using the same OEM parts and servicing it to at least the same standards? Any price match has to be done on a like-4-like basis.