QuoteMeHappy denying to insure my Kodiaq

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Old and Grumpy

Re: QuoteMeHappy denying to insure my Kodiaq

Post by Old and Grumpy » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:19 pm

xpf2003 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:50 pm
Thanks "Old man".

Just fiddling around QuoteMeHappy website, I noticed that if I choose year of manufacturing as 2018 they actually show the model of Kodiq that I am after. But if I choose 2020 (the year it was actually manufactured in) then my model is not in the list.

I wonder if by year of manufacturing they mean the year the model was launched?
Perhaps your 2020 Kodiaq was actually built in 2019? If you try for a quote using that year it may work?
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 93kW, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, Leicestershire. :D

old man

Post by old man » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:29 pm

So Mr xpf2003, what did you end up doing ??

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:04 pm

Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.
Regards,
Dan.

xpf2003

Post by xpf2003 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:08 pm

So, in the end, this is what happened.

QuoteMeHappy did not change their stance that they would not insure a brand new Kodiaq SE L. They would happily insure one made in 2018 but not the one made in 2020. The customer service reps rarely know the reasons. Initially, I was asked to cancel the policy and pay a mid-term cancellation charge.

It forced me to go with another provider. I ended up going with Admiral.

I then went back to QuoteMeHappy and told them that it's you don't want me so it's unfair to charge a cancellation fee. I also demanded that I be refunded the payment for the cancelled term and be awarded one full year's NCD. Surprise, surprise - they readily accepted all of it.

So it all ended well I would say. I am paying a bit higher now but I am also switching from. 10-year-old Hyundai to a brand new Kodiaq so it's ok I guess.
SE L 1.5 TSI DSG

old man

Post by old man » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:39 pm

Glad it all turned out well for you and that someone quoted you happy in the end.
Hopefully you'll get better service from Admiral than you did from QMH. Very often good service trumps a low premium.

JamieK

Post by JamieK » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:47 am

I've just entered your model of Kodiaq on GoCompare using my details. LV turned out to be the better price quote for my particular circumstances, but for around £150 more, the following was listed:

QMH.JPG

As I said previous, the three insurers are owned by the same company - it's all Aviva insurance. The car is being listed as model "2017 -" in otherwords, from 2017 onwards. So I'm not sure why you're getting your knickers in a twist over it being a 2020 model as 2020 is the same as "2017 onwards" .

If QuoteMeHappy were complaining to me, I'd simply have given them the ref: for their quote on GoCompare and asked them to explain. I can almost guarantee they wouldn't be able to reply, they'd simply keep on the line of their "computer says no".

No scrub that. I wouldn't have given QHM the chance to complain because when it comes to purchasing insurance, 40 years of experience has taught me to avoid humans. I'd have simply bought their insurance via GoCompare.

PS - CompareTheMarket also provided quotes for QMH and it's sister companies.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:15 pm

Jamie,
You don't say what engine and model you have so I can only go on the OP's SE L 1.5 DSG
Parkers, says both below....same ins group.
Kodiaq SE L 1.4 TSI ACT 150PS DSG auto (7 seats) 5d Group 16.
SportLine 1.5 TSI ACT 150PS DSG auto 5d Group 16. (my current car)
My annual Comp with Aviva is £246.24!
All this proves is that there are far too many variables for anybody to say which company charges what, without knowing ALL the personal details.
Sportline .1.5DSG. Race Blue. S/s spare, KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

blakey7

Post by blakey7 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:48 pm

I have a multi car policy with Admiral and i find them excellent to deal with. I have never actually made a claim which may change my opinion but for making changes to the policy etc and for getting in touch with, they have been nothing but spot on. Their renewal quotes are also very competitive, i know as i always shop around.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:25 pm

blakey7 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:48 pm
I have a multi car policy with Admiral and i find them excellent to deal with. I have never actually made a claim which may change my opinion but for making changes to the policy etc and for getting in touch with, they have been nothing but spot on. Their renewal quotes are also very competitive, i know as i always shop around.
I have and never will be insured by Admiral.

Many years ago I was hit from behind whilst stationary in queuing traffic on the M74, actually hit the two cars behind and shunted them into me. They were the guilty drivers insurer. To be fair they admitted liability (couldn’t do anything else really).

They phoned me up and were very nice and helpful until I refused to allow them to manage my repairs as I had already instructed a claims management company. After that point I got two or three calls a day threatening me with legal fees, hire car charges and numerous other spurious things. Even tried to bribe me with £50 to allow them to do it.

On one call they suggested that they would take me to court to recover and costs associated to having a hire car during the repair, they claimed I could use public transport instead. I told them to stick that as I couldn’t as it would take me 7 hours from where I live to get to work on public transport and why should I for their clients fault.

They stopped after my insurers claim management company got involved.

Admiral will never knowingly get a penny of my money. Horrendous company.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

JamieK

Post by JamieK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:01 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:15 pm
Jamie,
You don't say what engine and model you have so I can only go on the OP's SE L 1.5 DSG
What model I have? You've lost me on that one Colin. Perhaps's you've mistunderstood. The OP said in his original post
xpf2003 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:04 pm
I then supplied QuoteMeHappy with all the details and they have come back saying they are unable to insure this vehicle. I have an option to do this online by selecting make/model myself but they do not list SE L 1.5 TSI DSG 7 seater model.
so that's the car I received a quote for. What would have been the point of obtaining a quote for any other another car?
Colin Lambert wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:15 pm
Parkers, says both below....same ins group.
Kodiaq SE L 1.4 TSI ACT 150PS DSG auto (7 seats) 5d Group 16.
SportLine 1.5 TSI ACT 150PS DSG auto 5d Group 16. (my current car)
My annual Comp with Aviva is £246.24!
All this proves is that there are far too many variables for anybody to say which company charges what, without knowing ALL the personal details.
Again I'm not sure what point you make about insurance groupings. I'm not even sure what the purpose of insurance groupings is because in reality they're ignored. In theory a group 13 car will be cheaper to insure than a group 17 car but years of experience has taught me that not to be true. Nobody seems to know how an insurer applies their risk to a car ( Even the insurer doesn't seem to know ! ) In the above example, both cars are Group 16 but I can almost guarantee that an insurer will not give you the same price for both cars. For what it's worth, as you saw, GoCompare offered me £461.24 for QMH on a new 1.5Tsi SE-L, yet only 2 weeks ago, were quoting me around £324 for QMH on a new 1.5tsi SportLine.

( After weighing everything up, I too ended up going direct with Aviva. You could get a further £55 of that price if you accessed the Aviva website via TopCashBack ). They may be the same group but the policy QMH offers is slightly better than Aviva's policy which is pretty basic. ( but good enough for us, obviously ).

But that's another story. The point I make is that if you contact QuoteMeHappy, they'll say they can't quote on the above car, but if you go thru a broker, then QuoteMeHappy will supply a quote. Which is bonkers. The problem is QuoteMeHappy are using two different databases, one for their website and the other, which at an educated guess, is an Aviva Group wide database. I'm almost 100% certain that if the OP were to obtain a quote by going direct to Aviva's own website, the car would magically appear on their list.

It's nothing unusual, this often happens in the insurance industry.